Citizens Financial Group, Inc.

Citizens Financial Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, RIMay 23, 2015
Overall, I had positive experience working at Citizens Financial Group, Inc. Although my time there was short, I was treated well by management and co-workers.
The extension of the business
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
The people are great here, positive, optimistic, hard-working and social. The hardest part of the job is not being to communicate with the management about various daily on-the-job issues because the management is not very responsive and communicable.
Professional Workplace
Senior Finance Manager - Business Partner (Current Employee), Cranston, RIApril 11, 2015
Professional environment that rewards hard work and dedication. I have gained a lot of experience by working with talented colleagues.
Productive Day
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day starts with a short motivational meeting highlighting the daily goals.

Once we open I answer phone calls, perform transactions, and aid customers gain more value and insight into what we can provide and offer them towards their financial goals.

In the afternoon, I conduct follow up phone calls to help customers overcome any concerns or issues.
Good People - Satisfying Work Environment
VP, Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 28, 2015
Lot's of opportunity for growth for the right individual. The workload and timelines can be demanding and reward is not always commensurate with the effort and value a particular individual brings. Overall, a positive experience and opportunity.
A mature financial services company, with a growing IT culture
Lead Application Developer (Current Employee), Cranston RIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: high intensity
Cons: stale
From a financial services perspective, Citizens represents one of the brightest companies to be a part of. Unfortunately its age brings a great deal of technology that is cumbersome and understaffed from all angles. For a new IT person, this would not be the ideal environment to operate in, for those with 20+ experience in legacy systems, this is where you go to run out the clock, and unfrotunately the culture shows that. Due to its dependence on poorly documented and over tasked teams, speed to market on technologies that are already commonplace in the financial services sector are painfully slow. In 15 years, this company may be able to shed its legacy technology, but until then, it is going to have to keep investing in dragging along its 1980s technology in terms of hardware and philosophy.
Charter One
Personal Banker Supervisor (Current Employee), StreetsboroMarch 9, 2015
Learned about lending (Mortgages)

Hardest part: Investments

Management is awesome 9 times out of 10

Most enjoyable part is the community they build
fun envirionment
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIFebruary 28, 2015
everyone is there to help you learn and grow. Everyone is helpful, if you have a problem you can ask anyone. Great place to work.
sweat shop
SVP, Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: terrible working conditions, poor corporate services support, highly political, weak senior leadership
long hours, little recognition, highly political, weak senior leadership, poor working conditions, terrible annual merit increases, technology outdated, poor vendor relationships
Transitioning Downward
Finance (Current Employee), New EnglandJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: benefits
Colleagues are the best part of the company. Too many negative changes being made; reduction in pay, reduction of benefits such as taking away a week's vacation from employees with 10-24 years at the company.
Fair to moderate employer
Operations Analyst Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cranston, RIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: not easy to be recognized based on performance and dedication.
I was employed at Citizens for 16 years. I was able to advance but was not always recognized for my performance and dedication.
overall good place to work
Senior Personal Banker Universal (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PaDecember 6, 2014
a typical day at work entails, handling all different types of clients via customer service to complete transactions with an end result of complete satisfaction. What I've learned in this particular job is patience. The hardest part of this job is solving the clients problem but, once a resolution is set comes job satisfaction from being able to help the client. The co workers all have different personalities and being able to be a team player and overcome adversary in this setting is crucial. What i enjoy most about this job is the level of responsibility and setting and meeting the company set goals. My manager is good leader and i always learn new things from her.
review
Personal Banker Universal (Former Employee), Concord, MADecember 6, 2014
Truthfully, Citizens bank is a place that i would't recommend to someone. The management was decent, but we were under staffed and over worked.
n/a
Risk Manager, AVP (Former Employee), Cranston, RINovember 3, 2014
I prefer not to document information here. I worked for the company for a great length of time and it changed drastically.
Enjoyable place to work
Set appointments for the Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), Cranston, RIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: co workers felt like family
Cons: towards the end near the cut backs it got stressful
Managers took time to assist if you needed help.
Coworkers always looked out for each other, celebrated holidays
and birthdays.
Management arranged contests for the staff to work towards and there were recognition days offered by the company.
Advancement training was offered.
so far so good
Universal Banker (Current Employee), philadelphia, paOctober 16, 2014
the amangament at my bracnh was very good everyone was very nice to me all the time but the training is not good at all for someone who has never done banking before, they need to train people better
Worked closely with team leads and made a lot of progress
Sr Information Security Analyst, Team Lead (Former Employee), Riverside, RISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: walking track, fitness center, free poland springs water and coffee (since removed)
Cons: difficult to find parking, cubes converting to open shared desks with less space
Worked with a group of people on many projects in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Information Security functions. We brought processes forward from paper, faxes, and hand written procedures to complete, yet concise, digital requests. I also designed a SharePoint library to house a large number of procedures with automated review notifications and a built in approval workflow.
Snapshot overview
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: no weekends
Cons: slow to advance
Senior teller..assist customers with all banking needs behind the teller line..responsible for contents of vault and all monies balancing at end of day. Up sell banking products to customers.
fun departmental culture
Consumer Finance (Current Employee), Warwick, RISeptember 20, 2014
Ctizens has a great culture, but their payscales are skewed. I feel as though after examining the scales, you are either scraping the bottom of the barrel or living the high life.
Good company, Good Corporate Culture
Licensed Banker (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaSeptember 13, 2014
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM M-F. Work some weekends, All you have to do is be nice to people and solve there issues. There are production goals that you have to meet. Job pace can be hectic. better than most jobs I've had.

1 2 3 4

About Citizens Financial Group, Inc.

We’re Citizens, in every sense of the word. It’s our belief that a good bank is made up of good citizens. That’s – Read more

Citizens Financial Group, Inc. Salaries