*Citizens Independent Bank
Job Title: Personal Banking Manager
Department: Personal Banking
Reports To: Manager, Personal Banking Business
This position is a line function responsible for managing Personal Banking at the branch and assisting the Senior Vice President, Manager with the management side of the sale of loan and deposit products and related services to meet the personal and individual financial needs of the market place. Other functions of this position include Product Manager as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Manager; management of the Personal Banking Platform; assisting the Senior Vice President, Manager with the preparation of the annual business plan and various consumer projects, and oversees the maintenance and security of the building and grounds. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to sell brokerage products.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Personal Banking Manager manages the Personal Banking Officer, New Account Specialist/Receptionist, and the Teller Supervisor. Day to day management of the teller line is a responsibility of the Teller Supervisor with oversight by the Location Manager. Managing the staff includes interviewing, coaching, counseling, evaluation performance, and salary administration of all direct reports, as well as overseeing the responsibilities of each of the direct reports. In addition to management duties, the incumbent in this position functions as a Personal Banker and a Broker which includes the selling of non-deposit products that include Fixed and Variable Rate Annuities, Mutual Funds, Stocks and Bonds. The incumbent assists the Senior Vice President, Manager with leadership and guidance of the branch office in achievement of personal banking goals. Complete accountability is assigned to the incumbent for a harmonious atmosphere and a good employee working relationship of the consumer staff.
Within Citizens Independent Bank: Interfaces with subordinates in providing leadership and motivating them to achieve bank wide, unit, and individual goals.
Within the Community: Active in community organizations, and represents the bank as a prominent corporate citizen; develops multiple contacts in the community that will help in acquiring additional banking relationships.
Loan Portfolio: Develops and services consumer and some commercial business.
Location Performance: Responsible for preparing annual budget and meeting location growth and net operating Income goals.
Lending Authority: 30, 000 Secured, 15, 000 Unsecured
Skills: Must possess excellent managerial, leadership, sales, and motivational shills; strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Annually assess the market served by the branch, identifying obstacles and opportunities. This, along with similar evaluations from other locations, is the basis for the annual consumer business plan.
- Select, train, and motivate subordinate staff to achieve unit and bank wide goals.
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the bank through the achievement of unit goals and by supporting the other Business/Unit Managers in pursuit of their goals.
- Maintain a high profile in the community through active participation in community organizations to enhance the image of the bank.
- Maintain a high level of quality in the loan portfolio, which accomplishes the annual objective of minimal losses and maximum profit. Unit performance measures may include loan growth, deposit growth, non-interest income, loan delinquency, net loan losses and product sales.
- Identify customers' financial needs.
- Provide personal banking services to customer, which include selling deposit products, checking, savings and certificates. Also sell credit cards, convenience credit, installment loans, home equity lines of credit, and first and second real estate mortgages.
- Sell non-deposit products, IRA's, and credit insurance on applicable loans.
- Make group sales presentations as assigned and assist in staffing bank display at various trade shows.
- Participate in the officer-call program, calling on both existing and prospective customers.
- Responsible for scheduling the day-to-day opening/closing of the bank.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Vice President, Manager Personal Banking.
- Pay/return consumer overdrafts.
- Approve checks for encashment.
- Verify teller's cash in the event of a difference.
- Assist in providing adequate floor coverage during breaks and vacations, etc. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the bank including opening and closing of any of the locations as a situation may require. Hours to include scheduled Saturdays.
- Efficient management of Personal Banking at the branch location.
- Cross-sell consumer products and services.
- Participate in cross selling Citizens Choice and Visa/MasterCard Program to business customers.
- As a product manager will be responsible for implementing a sales campaign for assigned products utilizing the Marketing Department. Assistance may be necessary in the design of marketing material including posters, brochures, flyers and statement stuffers.
- Responsible for attaining sales goals for assigned products and reporting progress at the monthly Personal Banking Sales Meeting.
- Implement and present training programs to the branch staff and at other locations as requested by the Senior Vice President, Personal Banking Manager, on various products, services, and computer system.
- Required to have complete knowledge of bank and computer systems to produce new account and loan documents.
- Attendance and participation is required at monthly Personal Credit, Personal Sales and bi-monthly All Staff meetings and Management Council meetings. May be required to attend and participate in monthly Business Sales meeting. Attendance is voluntary at the weekly Officer Loan Committee meeting.
- Provide support to Business Department to open accounts when needed. This includes managing and building Business relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining employee time clock.
- Acknowledge and respond to customer and co-workers immediately.
- Respect yourself, customers, co-workers, and employer at all times.
- Be professional and courteous.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all bank products and services. Practice proper telephone etiquette.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and applying service standards.
- Maintain a professional image when dealing with customers (greeting, eye contact, listening).
- Use business cards and think "sales opportunities."
- Maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure platform coverage.
The Personal Banking Manager manages the Personal Banking Officer, New Account Specialist/Receptionist, and the Teller Supervisor. Day to day management of the teller line is the responsibility of the Teller Supervisor with oversight by the Location Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining direct reports; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Preferred: maintain a State of Minnesota Department of Commerce Life and Health Insurance License and a Series 7 and 63 Securities License
Training in Word, Excel and Windows XP, Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.