Business Banking Associate – Hopkins, MN
Citizens Independent Bank has a full-time opening for a Business Banking Associate at our Hopkins location. This position is responsible for all credit, sales, loan processing and administrative support for the Business Banking unit. This individual is integral in assisting the business unit achieve overall sales and production goals.
This is a professional position, requiring moderate supervision, accountable for the complete, accurate and timely preparation of all business and personal loan documents required in closing all types of loans. This individual is a specialist with expertise in documenting SBA Loans, Letters of Credit, Real Estate Mortgages, Working Capital Lines of Credit and term loans secured by business assets. This individual is accountable for filing documents, as applicable, with the appropriate governmental units within the county, state and out-of-state. In addition, this individual may be assigned the accountability of Product Manager for one or more banking products. As Product Manager, this individual will survey the market, compile information, conduct cost analysis with data processing specialist, present recommendations to Product and ALCO Committees, and then prepare marketing ideas for promoting new business products.
This is a front line sales position for new business and personal deposit account relationships. Deposit products include checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, IRAs and the referral of annuity and mutual fund prospects to a licensed representative. Cross-sell other bank services such as ATM, debit/credit cards, On-Line Banking, Merchant/Corporate accounts and loan products including overdraft protection, Home Equity and mortgages. In this process, the individual must be knowledgeable in identifying all financial needs of the client and obtain the required authorizations and documentation to establish accounts and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble, prepare, process, and organize personal, business & SBA loan documents for closings.
- Assist Business Bankers in the accumulation of information for the preparation of Loan Presentation Summary (LPS) and Material Change forms along with the word processing, copying & distribution of the presentation packages.
- Complete appropriately Loan Documentation Checklist & attach all loan documents to be imaged.
- Execute all documents in compliance with established policies and procedures involving financing statements, mortgage recordings, titles & grants, etc. with state and county agencies and the fees associated with the recordation of these items.
- Assist lenders in sales calls and presentations of bank products and services.
- Prepare, order and process various pre-closing and post-closing documents for real estate mortgages, i.e. title & flood insurance, Owners and Encumbrances reports, satisfactions, mortgage and assignment of rents & lease documents, extensions, etc.
- Establish new business & personal banking relationships, i.e. checking, savings, & certificates.
- Accountable for obtaining all required documentation & identification involved in processing new accounts, name changes, ATM/POS & Visa/MasterCard accounts, etc.
- Order checks, deposit tickets, & endorsement stamps from various vendors. Follow-up to ensure accuracy of items ordered.
- Perform other activities as requested by Supervisor, Manager, Senior Vice President of the Business Banking unit or bank management.
- Skills: Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and well disciplined. In addition to exceeding a typing speed of 40 WPM, complete operational ability of word processing and loan documentation is necessary. Accuracy is essential.
- Education: Minimum of two years college or business school, MBA-AIB, BVS & CFT general & business banking courses preferred or equivalent experience. Courses in real estate mortgage lending are highly recommended.
- Experience: Two years of related work experience required, with some emphasis on real estate mortgages.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (varies with opening/closing), Saturday 8:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (approx 1 per month)
About Citizens Independent Bank
Citizens Independent Bank is a community bank with four locations in St Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth. Since the bank was chartered in 1949, CIB has dedicated itself to serving the community as well as its customers. We take to heart that local involvement and decision-making is how a bank should operate.
We are looking for employees who will uphold our values of honesty, integrity, social responsibility, and exceptional customer service. If you have these traits, we welcome you to apply.
At CIB, we take care of our people with a comprehensive benefits package that provides a safety net not only for today but also for your future. Eligible employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Reimbursement and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AA