Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a Human Resources Director at our St Louis Park location. This position develops, updates, implements and administers bank wide Human Resource policies and programs. Responsible for overall quality of the Bank’s Human Resource Functions, including organizational planning, organizational development, recruitment and employment, orientation and training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and employee services. Originates and maintains Human Resource practices and objectives throughout all departments and locations. Assists and advises senior management on Human Resource decisions. Member of the Senior Management team and Strategic Planning team.
Formulates and recommends Bank wide Human Resources policies, programs and objectives.
- Continually reviews HR policies, programs, and practices to keep top management informed of new developments. Oversees implementation of HR programs. Provides necessary education and materials related to policies/programs, including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports. Directs preparation and maintenance of reports. Prepares periodic updates and recommends charges to Senior Management, as necessary or requested.
Coaches and counsels managers/employees
- Provides ongoing coaching associated with employee development. Serves as a mediator, coach and facilitator fostering favorable and effective employee relations. Maintains and models effective communication with employees bank wide. Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish and/or maintain positive employer-employee relationship and promote high level of employee morale. Assists managers with all of the above. Balances advocacy of organization, management and employees, in accordance with Bank vision and principles.
Leads and manages recruitment/retention policies and practices
- Recruits, interviews, screens and appropriately refers applicants, both internal and external, to fill approved positions. Coordinates hiring and terminations with managers. Establishes and/or maintains related recruiting/placement policies and procedures. Is influential and successful as Bank’s “chief salesperson” when interviewing and negotiating with key applicants chosen for specific positions. Regularly networks within industry and maintains Key Applicant File of potential employees. Monitors employee turnover.
Training and Development
- Develops annual Bank Training and Development Plan, based on annual training needs assessment and bank staff planning needs. Establishes in-house training programs. Conducts some training. Proactively researches and utilizes on-line training and external assessment process.
- Reviews, updates and administers the Bank’s performance review and compensation programs, including updating job descriptions, job evaluation, salary administration and performance evaluation. Develops and monitors all incentive/bonus programs. Ensures market competitiveness and internal equity. Provides support for manager/employee annual reviews.
- Maintains and reviews company Benefit plans. Proactively recommends updates and changes, as necessary. Ensures that all plans are in compliance. Selects and coordinates necessary consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, labor counsel and other outside sources.
- Develops and manages Bank’s annual HR budget. Ensures that budget links to strategic plan/goals. Monitors/reports on variances. Proactively recommends productivity enhancements aligned with Bank values. Assists with continued improvement of efficiency ratio.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour). Monitors exposure. Directs preparation of information required for compliance. Ensures that Bank’s Affirmative Action plan is updated, approved and submitted. Acts as primary contact with legal counsel and outside government agencies for any personnel-related issues.
- Ensures accurate preparation of payroll and related reports/records. Ensures adequate and appropriate controls.
- Updates Bank’s Employee Handbook.
- Visits branches quarterly.
- Maintains updated, compliant employee personnel files
- Completes other duties as requested. Provides back up to department staff as requested.
- Staff meeting: create agenda, order service awards and feed and set up community room
- Send out agenda for Management Council meeting
- Respond to all employment applications
- Send Birthday cards to all employees
- Inform staff of MERSC discounts
- Order nametags for new hires and replacements for staff when needed
- Oversee United Way campaign
- Plan and set up for Holiday Party
- Set up CPR/AED training and order batteries for defibrillators at all locations
- Performs job accountabilities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of the bank. At all times, performs in a manner that meets these expectations.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of Internal Service Standards for the department and departments that are a part of the workflow for this position.
- Provides open communication to supervisor or manager when an employee is not meeting Performance Standards.
- Upholds the employment guidelines outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of compliance and internal control requirements necessary to complete the job.
- Performs duties in compliance with policy, procedure and process
Education and/or Experience: College degree or equivalent Human Resource experience. Five (5) to seven (7) years HR experience, with increasingly responsible management positions, preferably managing and leading HR function. Demonstrated knowledge of employment law.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and sell bank in interviewing and employee retention situations
- Ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to internal customers
- Ability to deliver “above average” customer service
- Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Medium level of computer literacy with knowledge of Word, Excel, and ITI. Knowledge of Human Resource and Payroll software a plus.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Maintains high level of focus and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws
- Ability to develop and interpret reports
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
This position supervises a ½ time person that splits his/her time between HR and Marketing.
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 – 5:00)
This position requires the flexibility to work before and after normal business hours as necessary to meet deadlines and the needs of the Bank.
Indeed - 12 months ago