Citizens Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great department
ER tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 20, 2015
The hospital administration wasn't ideal to work for, but other than that the er department was a great place with great people.
Responsible for safety of all patients,vistors,staff,and all buidings.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 15, 2015
Walked all areas of the hospital,stairs wells, and outside grounds . Responded to patients complains made incident reports, helped vistors in and out of wheelchairs.Also took deceased to morgue. Made daily reports,notified police when needed,deescalated family disputes. We had teams and we all worked good together, you had to rely on each other to get some jobs accomplished. Are most difficult jobs were to move the deceased to the morgue.But on the bright side of the job was helping patients and visitors with anything that would make it easier for them, also staff needed help sometimes and if I could but a smile on someone face it was worth it, that would make my day.
Pros
Making sure everyone is safe while on the premises.
Cons
It was sad when family had to deal with the lost of a love one we assisted the family.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 14, 2015
the most i enjoy is the flexibility throughout the hospital, they will wokr with your school schedule or even you having another job
Very quiet work environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed my job at CMC. A typical work day included 8 hours of typing in a very quiet work environment. The management dissolved our department, eight people lost their jobs, two of which were 25+ year employees. No severance pay was offered. We were offered jobs with the new contract company with a 75% pay cut.
Fun energetic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Citizens not only was I working in a field that I love but the environment I worked in was very trying at times but overall worth it.
Great place to work until our dept was outsourced
Senior and lead Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2015
Calibration and repair of advanced medical equipment was a day to day requirement. My experience was diverse as I had to learn and maintain competence on all kinds of state of the art medical equipment, then train and supervise that maintenance and repair with three biomedical equipment technicians. I also had to teach communication skills to these technicians so they could properly interact with all clinicians. The hardest and most enjoyable parts was learning and teaching all the diverse pieces of equipment we worked on and the tools and test equipment we needed to use to do our job.
Pros
Being able to resolve situations arising so clinicians could maintian competant healhcare
Cons
Not having adequate manufacter's training for many things we responded to.
Culture is stuck in the past
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 13, 2015
Facility needs more outside influences in order to catch up with the rest of the medical community. Physicians need to be open to the concept of population management and migrate to the current payment models with ACOs.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Very clickish
great
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 3, 2015
love this company- i have been here for a good while, looking forward to many more years
Wonderful
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 23, 2014
I worked nights. Everyone was wonderful. The nurses were sweet and helpful. Felt very safe with the security. All co workers willing to help.
Fast-paced work environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Working for the communications department at Citizen's Medical Center is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I learned how to communicate well with the public, program pagers and create reports for my supervisor.

My supervisor has been fair to all employees. She would delegate work for me to do apart from the communications office. When needed, I would program pagers, program the switchboard and also replace broken phones.

Working in a department of mostly women has its challenges but also has benefits. Over the last 2 years, we have grown to be great friends.

The most difficult part of working the the communications department was keeping up with the call volume. My favorite part of the job was getting to leave the office and fix phones or help my supervisor add phone lines.
Pros
insurance, short breaks
Cons
weekend hours

Want to know more about Citizens Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great place to work and to learn
Medical records clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, LAJune 19, 2014
I work a 8 hour shift which includes a lot of sitting down and bending as well as lifting. I scan charts into the computer for easier access. I look at ER charts and set the appropriate charges to them.
Productive and community based in a rural hospital.
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSMay 29, 2014
A typical night shift was having 3-4 patients with varies diagnosis. Majority of the patients were elderly with multiple problems from COPD, hyperlipidemia, uncontrolled diabetes, MRSA, cardiac, women's health, or post surgical, etc.. I worked night shift, but the charge nurse's were very resourceful and willing to help in any situations. As a new grad at the time, the hardest part of my job was learning how to priorities patients and time needed for medications. Having one medication room and majority of the patients were scheduled around the same time, all of us nurses had to work as a team so we could give our medications on time and safe to our patients. After a few months, it got easier and I established a routine. Most enjoyable part of my job was the patients, continually learning new things, and the co-workers that I worked with. I have worked in a large hospital as a surgical tech and never had the experience of a rural community until graduating nursing school. I enjoy both settings.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
small community
Family oriented team environment
DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 15, 2014
Challenging and at the same time rewarding. Main focus on a daily basis is cost reduction.
Pros
low turnover rates, c-suite support, champion in quality metrics
Cons
benefits lacking, to many manual processes as opposed to automation
ok work environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria TexasFebruary 13, 2014
Working here is ok. hours aren't great, pay is horrible. Not staffed very well.
Pros
interacting with patients
Cons
pay, hours, staffing
Very great place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Colby, ksDecember 26, 2013
great atmosphere to work in. Everyone was positive. I learned what it takes to work in a hospital setting.
citizens Hospital
RN / Medical Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 16, 2013
Reviews such as this would be so subjective that i think that would be something best discussed on a one to one basis if at all.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 2, 2013
The best job I had for twenty years, the employees were great and I had a Great boss. We were always busy drawing patients and various other duties. The hardest and challenging part is the cancer patients .
Pros
the cafeteria had great food cooked daily not brought in people come from miles just to eat there
Cons
everyon could not afford complete healthcare
Registered Nurse-Oncology/Urology
Primary care RN (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 27, 2013
Cared for 6-7 patients on nights, manager was supportive to a point.
Hardest part of the job was obtaining help when needed from your co-workers. Hourly pay is the lowest in the region.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hourly pay, benefits, insurance poor
Good to get your feet wet
LVN (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Great experience as a new nurse. Learned a lot about taking care of patients
Pros
good staffing
Cons
hours
OK Job
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 21, 2013
I can say my manager has done a great job at working with my schedule so that's a plus for me. Very flexible with hours. I don't like that when you are hired for example: Part Time or PRN you are made to work FULL TIME hours. It doesn't make sense because we are not getting holiday or vacation pay. Upper management is terrible. The people I work with are awesome. Sadly, this hospital will continue to lose some pretty amazing employees due to their lack of pay. Not just in Nursing but in all departments. Although it is pretty bad that some LVNs earn what CNAs do. CNAs deserve better pay too, they are the backbone of that hospital. This needs to be fixed.
Pros
some great coworkers, great experience
Cons
horrible pay, awful health insurance

4.3