Citizens Medical Center

Citizens Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun energetic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Citizens not only was I working in a field that I love but the environment I worked in was very trying at times but overall worth it.
Great place to work until our dept was outsourced
Senior and lead Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Being able to resolve situations arising so clinicians could maintian competant healhcare
Cons: Not having adequate manufacter's training for many things we responded to.
Calibration and repair of advanced medical equipment was a day to day requirement. My experience was diverse as I had to learn and maintain competence on all kinds of state of the art medical equipment, then train and supervise that maintenance and repair with three biomedical equipment technicians. I also had to teach communication skills to these technicians so they could properly interact with all clinicians. The hardest and most enjoyable parts was learning and teaching all the diverse pieces of equipment we worked on and the tools and test equipment we needed to use to do our job.
Culture is stuck in the past
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Victoria, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Very clickish
Facility needs more outside influences in order to catch up with the rest of the medical community. Physicians need to be open to the concept of population management and migrate to the current payment models with ACOs.
great
LVN (Current Employee), Victoria, TXJanuary 3, 2015
love this company- i have been here for a good while, looking forward to many more years
Wonderful
Patient Access (Former Employee), Victoria, TXOctober 23, 2014
I worked nights. Everyone was wonderful. The nurses were sweet and helpful. Felt very safe with the security. All co workers willing to help.
Fast-paced work environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: insurance, short breaks
Cons: weekend hours
Working for the communications department at Citizen's Medical Center is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I learned how to communicate well with the public, program pagers and create reports for my supervisor.

My supervisor has been fair to all employees. She would delegate work for me to do apart from the communications office. When needed, I would program pagers, program the switchboard and also replace broken phones.

Working in a department of mostly women has its challenges but also has benefits. Over the last 2 years, we have grown to be great friends.

The most difficult part of working the the communications department was keeping up with the call volume. My favorite part of the job was getting to leave the office and fix phones or help my supervisor add phone lines.
Productive and community based in a rural hospital.
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Colby, KSMay 29, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: small community
A typical night shift was having 3-4 patients with varies diagnosis. Majority of the patients were elderly with multiple problems from COPD, hyperlipidemia, uncontrolled diabetes, MRSA, cardiac, women's health, or post surgical, etc.. I worked night shift, but the charge nurse's were very resourceful and willing to help in any situations. As a new grad at the time, the hardest part of my job was learning how to priorities patients and time needed for medications. Having one medication room and majority of the patients were scheduled around the same time, all of us nurses had to work as a team so we could give our medications on time and safe to our patients. After a few months, it got easier and I established a routine. Most enjoyable part of my job was the patients, continually learning new things, and the co-workers that I worked with. I have worked in a large hospital as a surgical tech and never had the experience of a rural community until graduating nursing school. I enjoy both settings.
Family oriented team environment
DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Victoria, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: low turnover rates, c-suite support, champion in quality metrics
Cons: benefits lacking, to many manual processes as opposed to automation
Challenging and at the same time rewarding. Main focus on a daily basis is cost reduction.
ok work environment
LVN (Current Employee), Victoria TexasFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: interacting with patients
Cons: pay, hours, staffing
Working here is ok. hours aren't great, pay is horrible. Not staffed very well.
VERY GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Colby, ksDecember 26, 2013
great atmosphere to work in. Everyone was positive. I learned what it takes to work in a hospital setting.
citizens Hospital
RN / Medical Intensive Care (Current Employee), Victoria, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Reviews such as this would be so subjective that i think that would be something best discussed on a one to one basis if at all.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Victoria, TXNovember 2, 2013
Pros: the cafeteria had great food cooked daily not brought in people come from miles just to eat there
Cons: everyon could not afford complete healthcare
The best job I had for twenty years, the employees were great and I had a Great boss. We were always busy drawing patients and various other duties. The hardest and challenging part is the cancer patients .
Registered Nurse-Oncology/Urology
Primary care RN (Former Employee), Victoria, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: hourly pay, benefits, insurance poor
Cared for 6-7 patients on nights, manager was supportive to a point.
Hardest part of the job was obtaining help when needed from your co-workers. Hourly pay is the lowest in the region.
Good to get your feet wet
LVN (Former Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: good staffing
Cons: hours
Great experience as a new nurse. Learned a lot about taking care of patients
OK Job
LVN (Current Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: some great coworkers, great experience
Cons: horrible pay, awful health insurance
I can say my manager has done a great job at working with my schedule so that's a plus for me. Very flexible with hours. I don't like that when you are hired for example: Part Time or PRN you are made to work FULL TIME hours. It doesn't make sense because we are not getting holiday or vacation pay. Upper management is terrible. The people I work with are awesome. Sadly, this hospital will continue to lose some pretty amazing employees due to their lack of pay. Not just in Nursing but in all departments. Although it is pretty bad that some LVNs earn what CNAs do. CNAs deserve better pay too, they are the backbone of that hospital. This needs to be fixed.
Overall good place to work.
Staff Educator (Current Employee), Victoria, TXJune 3, 2013
Good place to work.
Great employees.
Nice clean environment.
High Stress but rewarding career
LVN (Current Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 14, 2013
Pros: work well with school schedule
Cons: pay is appalling
There is a high work load and at times little motivation. Can not leave the floor for lunch. not guaranteed a lunch. Sometimes you get to interact with great people and it reminds you why you pursued this career.
Work
Patient Access (Current Employee), Victoria, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: love my job
Cons: crazy schedules
i really enjoy my job working for citizens medical center go to work do the job and go home i learned to never underestimate a persons pain management is great co workers great
professional setting
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), victoria,txJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: considerate of family values
Cons: lack of pay
This hospital is very professional and cares about thier employees
Citizens Medical Center
Patient Access (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Citizens Medical Center gave me an opportunity to learn and grow in the medical field. Expanded my knowledge of medical terminology, Outpatient Services, Insurance Pre-authorization , Radiation Oncology, and Chemo therapy. Work friendly atmosphere, job security, good benefits, professional and caring people.

Citizens Medical Center Salaries