Citizens Medical Center Employee Reviews

experience
Radiation Oncology Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 17, 2017
o Operational management of Radiation Oncology department.
o Lead and supervise a team of 3 physicians, 2 physicists, 2 nurses, 1 dosimetrist, 6 radiation therapists, and 1 receptionist.
o Supervise daily operations for treatment planning, PET/CT simulation, and delivery of radiation treatments to patients. Establish an effective and smooth work environment.
o Prepare and coordinate weekly staff meetings to address department issues, quality assurance, and staff suggestions; discusses new developments and new plans for improvement in the department.
o Facilitate weekly review of all patients’ charts by physicians, physicists, and staff members.
o Plan, coordinate and supervise the delivery of quality care to patients.
o Prepare and conduct the yearly performance evaluation on all staff members.
o Responsible for review, update, and modify department’s policies and procedures.
o Prepare annual budgeting for the oncology department.
o Assist in establishing vendors’ contract, invoices, and maintain a working relationship with vendors.
o Perform Interview, hire, train, coach, and evaluate the performance of staff; discipline and necessary staff termination based on job performance.
Cmc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Floor nursingAugust 14, 2017
Depending on the floor you work on will determine the work environment. Lots of jealous people so don't tell anyone if you are advancing your career. Good manager. Nurse patient ratio: nurses start with 5-6 patients. Over whelming at times for nursing staff.
Pros
Health care insurance
Cons
30 minute interupted lunch breaks, nurse-patient ratio, vision insurance
Productive workplace in the Nursery
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great overall place to work. Would gladly work as a bedside Nurse again. Good benefits overall. Lack of advancement. Lack of a team work mentality in the unit I was in.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, LAJune 26, 2017
Enjoyed my time. Would love to go back. People are friendly and family oriented. Clean and efficient place to work. Pay is better than most places for the rn
Professional work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 2, 2017
Very busy work environment. Provided CEUs, great supervisors, great coworkers, and loved challenging patients. Flexible work schedule. Great benefits and salary.
first experience in a hospital setting
Medical Secretary-Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 1, 2017
my first job working in the hospital. worked in the xray department. matched up the xray films for the radiologist i charted the reports on the patients charts also registered the patients and ordered the exrays or procedrue the patients were having.
Great place to work and help people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 5, 2016
Consisted of securing hospital and offices inside and outside. Assist with emergency patients and employees and patients safety. Getting to work with doctors and staff.
Pros
Seeing patients getting the medical treatment they need.
Cons
Disgruntled patients that harmed others or themselves.
Patient Care changes daily and can be very busy.
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 27, 2016
Registering patients for outpatient and inpatient procedures.
Patient education as to where they procedures are going to be performed.
Medical insurance knowledge required, medical terminology extremely helpful, and ability to provide awesome customer service.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
The hospital operates 24/7 and you may be called in.
great department
ER tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 20, 2015
The hospital administration wasn't ideal to work for, but other than that the er department was a great place with great people.
Responsible for safety of all patients,vistors,staff,and all buidings.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 15, 2015
Walked all areas of the hospital,stairs wells, and outside grounds . Responded to patients complains made incident reports, helped vistors in and out of wheelchairs.Also took deceased to morgue. Made daily reports,notified police when needed,deescalated family disputes. We had teams and we all worked good together, you had to rely on each other to get some jobs accomplished. Are most difficult jobs were to move the deceased to the morgue.But on the bright side of the job was helping patients and visitors with anything that would make it easier for them, also staff needed help sometimes and if I could but a smile on someone face it was worth it, that would make my day.
Pros
Making sure everyone is safe while on the premises.
Cons
It was sad when family had to deal with the lost of a love one we assisted the family.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 14, 2015
the most i enjoy is the flexibility throughout the hospital, they will wokr with your school schedule or even you having another job
Very quiet work environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed my job at CMC. A typical work day included 8 hours of typing in a very quiet work environment. The management dissolved our department, eight people lost their jobs, two of which were 25+ year employees. No severance pay was offered. We were offered jobs with the new contract company with a 75% pay cut.
Fun energetic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Citizens not only was I working in a field that I love but the environment I worked in was very trying at times but overall worth it.
Great place to work until our dept was outsourced
Senior and lead Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2015
Calibration and repair of advanced medical equipment was a day to day requirement. My experience was diverse as I had to learn and maintain competence on all kinds of state of the art medical equipment, then train and supervise that maintenance and repair with three biomedical equipment technicians. I also had to teach communication skills to these technicians so they could properly interact with all clinicians. The hardest and most enjoyable parts was learning and teaching all the diverse pieces of equipment we worked on and the tools and test equipment we needed to use to do our job.
Pros
Being able to resolve situations arising so clinicians could maintian competant healhcare
Cons
Not having adequate manufacter's training for many things we responded to.
Culture is stuck in the past
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 13, 2015
Facility needs more outside influences in order to catch up with the rest of the medical community. Physicians need to be open to the concept of population management and migrate to the current payment models with ACOs.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Very clickish
great
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 3, 2015
love this company- i have been here for a good while, looking forward to many more years
Wonderful
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 23, 2014
I worked nights. Everyone was wonderful. The nurses were sweet and helpful. Felt very safe with the security. All co workers willing to help.
Fast-paced work environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Working for the communications department at Citizen's Medical Center is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I learned how to communicate well with the public, program pagers and create reports for my supervisor.

My supervisor has been fair to all employees. She would delegate work for me to do apart from the communications office. When needed, I would program pagers, program the switchboard and also replace broken phones.

Working in a department of mostly women has its challenges but also has benefits. Over the last 2 years, we have grown to be great friends.

The most difficult part of working the the communications department was keeping up with the call volume. My favorite part of the job was getting to leave the office and fix phones or help my supervisor add phone lines.
Pros
Insurance, short breaks
Cons
weekend hours
Family oriented team environment
DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 15, 2014
Challenging and at the same time rewarding. Main focus on a daily basis is cost reduction.
Pros
Low turnover rates, C-Suite support, champion in quality metrics
Cons
benefits lacking, to many manual processes as opposed to automation
ok work environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria TexasFebruary 13, 2014
Working here is ok. hours aren't great, pay is horrible. Not staffed very well.
Pros
interacting with patients
Cons
pay, hours, staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3