Citizens Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient Care changes daily and can be very busy.
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 27, 2016
Registering patients for outpatient and inpatient procedures.
Patient education as to where they procedures are going to be performed.
Medical insurance knowledge required, medical terminology extremely helpful, and ability to provide awesome customer service.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
The hospital operates 24/7 and you may be called in.
Fast-paced work environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Working for the communications department at Citizen's Medical Center is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I learned how to communicate well with the public, program pagers and create reports for my supervisor.

My supervisor has been fair to all employees. She would delegate work for me to do apart from the communications office. When needed, I would program pagers, program the switchboard and also replace broken phones.

Working in a department of mostly women has its challenges but also has benefits. Over the last 2 years, we have grown to be great friends.

The most difficult part of working the the communications department was keeping up with the call volume. My favorite part of the job was getting to leave the office and fix phones or help my supervisor add phone lines.
Pros
Insurance, short breaks
Cons
weekend hours
Citizens Medical Center
Emergency Room Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Citizens Medical Center gave me an opportunity to learn and grow in the medical field. Expanded my knowledge of medical terminology, Outpatient Services, Insurance Pre-authorization , Radiation Oncology, and Chemo therapy. Work friendly atmosphere, job security, good benefits, professional and caring people.
Responsible for safety of all patients,vistors,staff,and all buidings.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 15, 2015
Walked all areas of the hospital,stairs wells, and outside grounds . Responded to patients complains made incident reports, helped vistors in and out of wheelchairs.Also took deceased to morgue. Made daily reports,notified police when needed,deescalated family disputes. We had teams and we all worked good together, you had to rely on each other to get some jobs accomplished. Are most difficult jobs were to move the deceased to the morgue.But on the bright side of the job was helping patients and visitors with anything that would make it easier for them, also staff needed help sometimes and if I could but a smile on someone face it was worth it, that would make my day.
Pros
Making sure everyone is safe while on the premises.
Cons
It was sad when family had to deal with the lost of a love one we assisted the family.
Family oriented team environment
DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 15, 2014
Challenging and at the same time rewarding. Main focus on a daily basis is cost reduction.
Pros
Low turnover rates, C-Suite support, champion in quality metrics
Cons
benefits lacking, to many manual processes as opposed to automation
Registered Nurse-Oncology/Urology
Primary care RN (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 27, 2013
Cared for 6-7 patients on nights, manager was supportive to a point.
Hardest part of the job was obtaining help when needed from your co-workers. Hourly pay is the lowest in the region.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hourly pay, benefits, Insurance poor
OK Job
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 21, 2013
I can say my manager has done a great job at working with my schedule so that's a plus for me. Very flexible with hours. I don't like that when you are hired for example: Part Time or PRN you are made to work FULL TIME hours. It doesn't make sense because we are not getting holiday or vacation pay. Upper management is terrible. The people I work with are awesome. Sadly, this hospital will continue to lose some pretty amazing employees due to their lack of pay. Not just in Nursing but in all departments. Although it is pretty bad that some LVNs earn what CNAs do. CNAs deserve better pay too, they are the backbone of that hospital. This needs to be fixed.
Pros
Some great coworkers, great experience
Cons
Horrible pay, awful health insurance
Great place to work until our dept was outsourced
Senior and lead Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2015
Calibration and repair of advanced medical equipment was a day to day requirement. My experience was diverse as I had to learn and maintain competence on all kinds of state of the art medical equipment, then train and supervise that maintenance and repair with three biomedical equipment technicians. I also had to teach communication skills to these technicians so they could properly interact with all clinicians. The hardest and most enjoyable parts was learning and teaching all the diverse pieces of equipment we worked on and the tools and test equipment we needed to use to do our job.
Pros
Being able to resolve situations arising so clinicians could maintian competant healhcare
Cons
Not having adequate manufacter's training for many things we responded to.
Very quiet work environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed my job at CMC. A typical work day included 8 hours of typing in a very quiet work environment. The management dissolved our department, eight people lost their jobs, two of which were 25+ year employees. No severance pay was offered. We were offered jobs with the new contract company with a 75% pay cut.
great department
ER tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 20, 2015
The hospital administration wasn't ideal to work for, but other than that the er department was a great place with great people.
Job security
Patient Access/Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 10, 2012
I enjoy the work I do; But the pay is not good. The good thing about working here is that if you happen to get very ill, you dont have to worry about having to pay anything up front, they will payroll deduct it.
The Director really needs to back up her employees and get better pay for them.
Pros
job security
Cons
not so good pay
Culture is stuck in the past
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 13, 2015
Facility needs more outside influences in order to catch up with the rest of the medical community. Physicians need to be open to the concept of population management and migrate to the current payment models with ACOs.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Very clickish
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 14, 2015
the most i enjoy is the flexibility throughout the hospital, they will wokr with your school schedule or even you having another job
High Stress but rewarding career
LVN (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 14, 2013
There is a high work load and at times little motivation. Can not leave the floor for lunch. not guaranteed a lunch. Sometimes you get to interact with great people and it reminds you why you pursued this career.
Pros
work well with school schedule
Cons
pay is appalling
Meeting new people and the main ones behind the scenes
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 1, 2012
I generally enjoy my job and my current Communications Coordinator position. Working at Citizens performing my duties as the head phone operator I get to venture out of the office and meet a lot of the head people of each department. I get to put faces to names and build standing relationships with many of the main employees that help make the hospital run smoothly. I love my duties supervising 7 other operators, making work schedules, schedule meetings, providing agenda's and conducting meetings. Document control, following up with reports and updating procedures and finding ways to improve my department. The hardest part about my job, would be when I cant leave my phone station and all day long I just answer calls and wait for another call to come in. I am very skilled in many areas and feel my duties should be on a full time basis of expressing these skills. If my department is fully staffed is when I am able to step out and put these skills to work. Overall, looking for a job with a company I can grow with and perform to my full potential.
Pros
because of my current title i get weekends off
Cons
30 mins for lunch only, low paying company
Laid back atsmosphere
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Victoria txJuly 19, 2012
It was a very laid back job with minimal stress. I learned alot about the medical software that was used day to day and how to properly troubleshoot it. All the staff were very helpful towards one another,and the management did an excellent job.
Fun energetic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Citizens not only was I working in a field that I love but the environment I worked in was very trying at times but overall worth it.
Citizens Medical Center
Citizens Medical Center gave me an opportunity to learn and grow in the medical field. Working under the direction of Patient Access Director expanded my knowledge of medical terminology, Outpatient services, Pre-authorization insurance, Radiation Oncology, Chemo therapy pre-auth's, and Patient Access Supervisor of the emergency room registration clerks.
Work
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 5, 2013
i really enjoy my job working for citizens medical center go to work do the job and go home i learned to never underestimate a persons pain management is great co workers great
Pros
love my job
Cons
crazy schedules
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 2, 2013
The best job I had for twenty years, the employees were great and I had a Great boss. We were always busy drawing patients and various other duties. The hardest and challenging part is the cancer patients .
Pros
The cafeteria had great food cooked daily not brought in people come from miles just to eat there
Cons
everyon could not afford complete healthcare

4.3