Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent training to enhance position.
Senior Litigation Specialist / Claims Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
Challenges of changing aspect of work are enjoyable, creating an atmosphere of awareness that brings satisfaction . Management acknowledgment of expertise and placement of position is rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of having fulfilled expectations of the management and being an integral part of the team.
Pros
Team accomplishment
Cons
Politics
Solid company with great people and wonderful benefits!
Facilities Technician I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my time here at Citizens, the staff was always friendly and helpful. There are some really knowledgable employees and the Human Resource department was bar none the best around. The benefits package is solid and probably one of the better in the area. The managment was helpful and very understanding of your needs.
Pseudo Government
Claim Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonvile, FlOctober 13, 2015
Work place is about production. there is a lot of politics. If you come into the workplace as a temporary or contractor employee, you will remain as a temporary or contractor employee for years.
Pros
great supervisor & great people to work with
Cons
manager likes to micro manage
agent
Commercial Re-Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
the same type of sales job you get a lot of incoming phone calls. easy product to sell. Sell home auto and commercial. Like I said before a typical insurance agency.
Peaceful work enviroment
Disputed Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, floridaJuly 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Citizens (NCA. Co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful. I enjoy the negotiations of the claims with attorneys and public adjusters. The hardest part is knowing there is no opportunity for full time career.
Pros
Supportive teams and management
Cons
no work life balance, no chance of advancement
Avoid if you can
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2015
This place is a disaster. Largely impotent and dispassionate leaders. Favoritism is applied to a fault. Perhaps the most incompetent and bloated IT department known to man.
Pros
Benefits, small pockets of true leaders, some good workers
Cons
everytgung else
always changing never stopping
CAS Quality Assurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2015
Citizens is a fast paste, always changing company that looks for way to reduce business. the environment is motivated by business needs first then employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
life/work balance
Learning
Supervisor - Claims MCM -Managed Claim Model (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2015
I managed three independent firms, three team leads and 65 adjusters in catastrophe and daily operations. I have prepared training materials and held individual and classroom/group training sessions. I completed field inspections and re-inspections for my adjusters and was able to give the firm coaching and feedback on the process and procedures for handling their claims. My QA results average 92%.
Pros
Working from home and traveling
Daily work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2015
Assigned claims and files to desk adjusters and handled communication between stabilization companies, monitors, contractors, attorneys and insureds. The emails that came into claim center. Helped create a master spreadsheet to keep track of closed and open claims to better increase productivity and lower overhead
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Temp position
Productive workplace
Business Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2015
Participate in design, development and implementation of client business needs; lead meetings. Create business requirements and technical design documents for developers and testers to ensure requirements meet strategic goals and functional design.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Short breaks
hmmmm
Java Developer II, Production Support (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2015
Management is ego driven, not what is best for stakeholders (citizens of Fl) there is constant brain drain, but it is never the bosses fault.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
promotion only by quiting.
Good supervision
LDCU Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2015
The work environment is very relaxed and Supervision is more than helpful. The draw backs were the constant changing of upper management and the lack of input accepted from the adjusters to new proceedures
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
Upper management accountability
Excellent benefits but low pay and does not promote from within
IT Financial Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Grateful for the benefits and good vacation/sick leave/holiday schedule but this corporation does not utilize the people it employs and maintains a large number of contractors to avoid paying benefits. In order to advance, most employees must leave and find employment with other companies to move up and advance their careers.
Currently the company is forcing everyone in the IT department to relocate to Jacksonville or lose their jobs. Many good and loyal employees have already vacated and many more intend to do so before the deadline.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Citizens Property Insurance was very fun and enjoyable to work at because I learned so much and was challenged every day.
Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work included me conducting research on construction method patterns in the state of Florida, and taking that research to draft a paper which I later turned into a PowerPoint Presentation. I learned so much about how to conduct myself as a professional and work in a business place. I also learned very much about how houses are built and why they are built specific ways. The hardest part of my job was getting started on my research because construction methods is a vague topic. I enjoyed working with my coworkers every day and I work very well with others. I also learned a lot from management because I was able to learn techniques of how to deal with different circumstances. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was presenting my findings to almost 100 employees at the end of the internship.
Pros
Great people to work with. Stimulating topic of research. Autonomy of my work.
Cons
Some of the busy work could get a little repetitive.
I'd rather work at Mc Donalds
New Business Data Entry (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleNovember 13, 2014
This company has been the worst place Ive ever worked for. Drama, envy, gossip from other employees, a great place for minorities I guess...Manager wont shake hand of candidates for permanent positions, that they post but already have the persons that will get the jobs. Its a joke. A new supervisor that had no clue of what was going on in our department just let go ppl based on gossip and plain racism. Horrible place, no advance in career path, employees that have been doing same job for 15 years...I still work there but cant wait to get a new job....
Cons
all
Amazing Opportuny for Personal and Professional Development
Business Analyst (System Development and Design) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Company has been very supportive of me and my goals. In my role, the ability to drive solutions for business needs with increasing autonomy is highly valued.
Pros
initiatives
Cons
compensation
Great work environment with no room for advancement
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2015
Citizens is a great place to work if you don't want to advance in your career. Unless, you know somebody you don't move up in this company especially if you are someone in the Customer Care Center, Mail Center or Facilities. It seems they use the people in these departments as fillers during the interview process just to ensure their friends and/or family gets picked because they feel the people in these departments lack knowledge and education. Even when you are a dedicated and loyal worker who bust your behind everyday taking on responsibilities that have absolutely nothing to do with your current job, you still get overlooked. At this company it doesn't matter what you know, it matters who you know. If you don't know anybody don't bother because it's a waste of your time and efforts no matter how loyal and dedicated you are.

If you want to advance in your career stay away from Citizens or start kissing some major tail. But, just think if going over and beyond gets you no where, neither will kissing tail!
Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, entirely too much favoritism and politics
Great first time insurance job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2014
A typical day at Citizens involves high volume calls from policyholders and/or agents discussing the policy. You are primarily the liasion for the policyholder,agent, & Underwriting. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes to procedure and policy but if you're use to change then this won't be a concern. I loved my co-workers,as we always operated as a team. This was my first insurance job and I left learning alot about homeowner's insurance that I'll surely take along when and if I enter the same feel. Overall, it's an ok place to work but some of the QA requirements suck. Ask anybody that was fired.
Pros
great health benefits/time-off, great schedule
Cons
not much advancement or salary increases
Productive, Managing, and Project Management
Personal Lines Underwriting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaDecember 1, 2014
Citizens is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits. They work hard to please the customers. The employees are dedicated to doing their jobs and doing the right things for the state.
Pros
benefits, salary, people
Cons
political changes
Citizens Not a good place to work
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Citizens Property Insurance is not a good place to work. The company as a whole does not do a good job of placing the right people in the right positions. Leadership does not present as good role models.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Property Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.