Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Job
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 29, 2017
Great leadership and culture but lacking forward career progression. I'm just ready to find my next challenge. If your looking for a great place to challenge yourself, this would be the place.
Love to work at a challenging company
Litigation Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2017
A very warm, friendly and professional atmosphere. It is challenging and rewarding. The managers are helpful and knowledgeable. Would recommend to others.
Productive work place
Senior Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
Typical day at work is busy & challenging. Makes the day go by fast
Work place culture is fast paced and laid back
Hardest part of the job is multitasking
Most enjoyable part of the job is multitasking and doing different activities, Is not monotonous
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Senior Communications Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Citizens, which is a state-run insurer, may not rank high in salary compensation to employees due to constraints of being answerable to taxpayers but it tries to make up for it by offering very good benefits and a great work culture.
Pros
High-quality benefits
Cons
Low salary compensation
Great Place to Work
Underwriting Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I was hired on as a temporary contractor but was treated as a regular employee (just without the perks of being a full-time employee - paid holidays, vacations, etc.)
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2017
It is good place to work with new technology. Learn a lot in the company. Environment is friendly. Team is helping a lot to each other. And hour are flexible for all.
A good company with great benefits, but room for improvement...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with this company. I learned a lot from those around me and worked with some fantastic people. I was in management my last few years there, but could not break through the proverbial glass ceiling. This is what eventually solidified my decision to move on.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with. From working CAT hours until delirious to meeting for walks around the lake on lunch break, there were plenty of great times.

The hardest part of the job was the shift in senior leadership and the favoritism that was shown to a small portion of the unit.
Pros
Benefits, culture, casual days
Cons
Senior leadership, no bonuses
Ok employer in the volatile Florida Insurance market
Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Reasonable place to work with good benefits package. CEO does a good job but is close to retirment and the rest of the senior leadership team is self-absorbed and out of touch with the fornt line staff.
n/a
Assistant Director - Claims Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2016
Citizens is a great company for entry level leaders to learn more about property and casualty insurance. They provide in house training and are committed to employee development.
Benefits
Cons
Location of Jacksonville Office
Not very employee friendly
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 10, 2016
Communications manager was unprofessional and rude in the months I worked there before finally leaving. Human resources did nothing, towed the company line despite a track record of turnover in the position.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Organizational culture
Great place to work!
Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2016
I've worked at CPIC since July 31, 2006. I've had some awesome Supervisors and team members. The benefits package is probably the best in Duval County and that is the number one reason I have been at Citizens for 10 plus years!
Benefits
Cons
Downtown location
Wonderful
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2016
Great, great place to work.They were wonderful!! My co-workers are the best! The Director was the best that I have worked for!
Pros
People
Cons
None really
Def just a job
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2016
Call center environment that is not employee friendly. There are a few good managers, most are more about business and meeting numbers than about employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
all about numbers
Produtive work place
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2016
My with citizens was productive i learned a lot from my coworkers and management my work was time sensitive so we always stayed busy.
The hardest part of the job
Customer Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2016
Constant policy and procedure changes. Hard to keep up with the most current and accurate information. The company's programs do not work as designed and are constantly down.

Pros:

Great benefits
agent
Commercial Re-Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
the same type of sales job you get a lot of incoming phone calls. easy product to sell. Sell home auto and commercial. Like I said before a typical insurance agency.
Excellent training to enhance position.
Senior Litigation Specialist / Claims Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
Challenges of changing aspect of work are enjoyable, creating an atmosphere of awareness that brings satisfaction . Management acknowledgment of expertise and placement of position is rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of having fulfilled expectations of the management and being an integral part of the team.
Pros
Team accomplishment
Cons
Politics
Pseudo Government
Claim Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonvile, FlOctober 13, 2015
Work place is about production. there is a lot of politics. If you come into the workplace as a temporary or contractor employee, you will remain as a temporary or contractor employee for years.
Pros
great supervisor & great people to work with
Cons
manager likes to micro manage
Solid company with great people and wonderful benefits!
Facilities Technician I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my time here at Citizens, the staff was always friendly and helpful. There are some really knowledgable employees and the Human Resource department was bar none the best around. The benefits package is solid and probably one of the better in the area. The managment was helpful and very understanding of your needs.
Avoid if you can
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2015
This place is a disaster. Largely impotent and dispassionate leaders. Favoritism is applied to a fault. Perhaps the most incompetent and bloated IT department known to man.
Pros
Benefits, small pockets of true leaders, some good workers
Cons
everytgung else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Property Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8