Citizens Republic Bancorp Employee Reviews

Great place.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 26, 2015
Great staff and lots of career advancement. The Company seems to really care about their employees. Salary could be a little better.
Pros
Good to employees.
Cons
Better pay grade
Good co-workers
Deposit Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 5, 2014
Management solving skills were lacking otherwise benefits were very good for the employees.
Pros
Long lunch hour
Too clickish
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn WI and East Troy WIJune 8, 2013
I worked at the Elkhorn office and unless you were in the Teller Supervisors click (going out drinking after hours, tattling on other employees, etc.) you get transferred and definitely don't get any advancement. Our supervisor even mooned the District Manager when they all went out one night. I left.
One of the rudest tellers I have ever seen was promoted to a Teller Supervisor and was transferred to the East Troy Office where I got transferred too and she was just as rude to the clients there as she was in Elkhorn. Left under good circumstances, was told if I wanted to come back no problem. I re applied 5 times in a year and they wouldn't even call. Horrible management.
Pros
Paid vacations and holiday for part time employees.
Cons
Had to kiss butt and be a snark if you wanted to get anywhere. Low pay.
Good place to work.
Financial Analyst - Treasury (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 12, 2013
Hard working employees worried about team success. Many challenges and exciting tasks to complete on a daily basis.
Not recommended
Teller (Former Employee) –  NorthFebruary 23, 2013
Management lacks at citizens, always short handed and a chaotic environment. More than four employees quit in a 5 month time period, it was very unorganized and you didn't have anyone there to rely on. Manager hid behind computer screen when addressing topics, very unprofessional.
Cons
everything
Work here if you want to be treated poorly...
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cites, MichiganFebruary 15, 2013
Citizens Bank is the WORST place I have ever worked. Not only is management rude to staff, but the branches are always short handed. Running 4 lanes of a drive thru after only being a teller for two weeks is what management considers a good idea. I was given too much responsibility and no training. There is also no room for advancement. They would rather hire from the outside than promote from within. No wonder they are getting bought out.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Bad management with huge staffing issues!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Northern MichiganJanuary 14, 2013
While citizens bank did take a chance on me not having any experience, the job has not been as promised. There seems to be alot of "politics" going on within. I have been working there for 9 months now, been handed 3 times more responsibility with no pay increase. For the amount of things you are held accountable for the pay just isn't worth it. Management is unapproachable and very critical. As a teller I am in contact with each and every client and I get paid the least and am treated like just another number. The branches are always understaffed so it becomes very stressful at times. Employees are expected to travel to cover other branches if needed. The turnover rate it extremely high and the majority of the reasons that tellers are quiting is because of how they are treated by management. Unfamiliar faces does not sit well with our clients, and you would think that they would treat the tellers better because of this.
Pros
expierence in banking
Enjoyable place to work
Treasury Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 21, 2012
The Treasury department at Citizens Republic Bancorp is a close knit group of people that work together extremely efficiently. It has been an enjoyable place to work, learn, and grow individually and grow my career.
Ok place to work if you don't mind being short staffed!!
CSS-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Upper MichiganOctober 22, 2012
This bank was better to work for before it became Citizens Bank! It was one of working mothers best places to work! Benefits are decent but could be better! Distict management is good but in all honesty you are just a number not a person and the pay sucks!!! I hope the new bank is better and you are a person with a name and are respected and valued!! When you are on the front line you are the person that Promotes the bank you are the Person that deals with all of the complaints of customers and we are the lowest paid employees we should be paid more for all of the stress and punishment we receive from unhappy customers!! They expect so much from you and they can't even properly staff the branch! It should not take months to hire someone it should only take a couple weeks!!!
Pros
pto time
Cons
low wages and high cost of health care
A great challenging place to work - Excellent co-workers
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 29, 2012
Since employed by Citizens Republic Bank I have had the great opportunity to meet and work with many wonderful people.

The company is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I have been provided many challenging opportunities where my talents and skills moved me from a project management position to an actual management positions.
Pros
great growth opportunity
The company to work for
Call Center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 20, 2012
This company believes in overall benefit and improvement of its employees. I love the attitude that they implement that, if their employees are well-trained, encouraged, healthy, and have a strong support system from the company, they will provide beyond excellent customer service. That type of mind set really works here, I can't say that I have ever worked for a more generous, genuine, and welcoming group of individuals. I would recommend working for this company to anyone, at anytime
Pros
great work environment
Cons
digrauntle clients
A great company to work for.
Manager of Item Processing / Proof (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 26, 2012
Citizens Bank is a great company to work for to advance in the banking career. Benefits are very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Republic Bancorp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9