CITIZENS STATE BANK Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly group of people to work with.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSNovember 29, 2015
Open the main bank each morning, work with customers on solving their banking needs, whether it is helping them with making deposits, cashing checks, on-line banking, or opening and closing accounts.

Work on various reports, calling customers who are overdrawn on their accounts or are behind on paying their safe deposit boxes.

I emjoy working with my co-workers, we are a group of 15 and so it is like a family.
Pros
when we work Saturday's we have a half day off during the week.
Cons
Amount of compensation
poor company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  hartford city indianaOctober 12, 2015
They are very bad about doing evaluations and pay raises. The Company is just worried about the president and CEO"s The company loves back stabbers and gossip. Do not waist your time with this company .. In time they will keep loosing business and i cant wait for that day.
Confidential
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 4, 2015
I enjoy working with the people that apply for a mortgage. It allows the opportunity to really get to know your borrower. The hardest part of the job is the lack of support for processing.
Great local bank for people searching for entry level banking positions
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I worked here for a short amount of time but the time I was there, they really took care of me. Employees there were great, it was just on a rough side of town. Company was compliant in every aspect & really taught me a thing or two about banking.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Breaks & location
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management. I loved working with the customers. Management showed a lot of appreciation by having company get togethers.
Pros
Flexible with time off for doctor appointments, loved that the medical was paid for by the company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 24, 2015
I loved my time at Citizens State Bank. Great coworkers. Friendly customers. Had I not relocated to another state, I would have stayed there indefinitely.
Small town banking caring for their Customers and their Employees.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cadott, WIJune 11, 2015
You are never considered a number here. They are very family orientated. If you show a willingness to learn you will excel.
Management poor
New accounts/Loan Secretary (Former Employee) –  Princeton, TXApril 29, 2015
I loved working at Citizens State Bank for the amount of time I did. I started in November of 2011 and worked my way up to Loan Secretary/ New accounts. I became over ran by a large amount of work and overwhelmed by the amount of work thrown on me. There was not a lot of cross training and only few who wore several hats in the company. The hardest part of my job would have to be being thrown in a lot of different areas and trying to maintain the work that needed to be done. I loved my customers they made my job the most enjoyable.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short staffed, no raises
Very productive workplace
Supervisor Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLApril 18, 2015
I learned all about new account opening, all bookkeeping tasks such as internet banking and debit card issues. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job were my customers. Became like family. Had a great time on my job but at the same time accomplishing all of the goals required of me.
Pros
Good lunch breaks and great commaradity at work, enjoyable
Cons
Health care had a very high deductible
Excellent Professional Environment
Customer Service Rep / Internal Operations Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TxMarch 17, 2015
Excellent place to learn and grow as a professional. Large amounts of responsibility and work flow. Incredibly understaffing and minimal training make the environment difficult to advance in.
Pros
Family Owned Atmoshpere
Cons
Short Breaks
Friendly, comfortable place to work
Universal banker (Former Employee) –  Monteagle, TNNovember 16, 2014
Handled a broad range of customer service transactions concerning accounts, cashing checks, opening accounts, closing accounts, online account procedures, cash and drawer accounting, etc. Procedures were all new to me. Team leader was very helpful, but other management nice, but quite distant. Co-workers generally friendly and helpful. Some complicated procedures were required very rarely, and it was more difficult to carry them out. I really enjoyed the customer contact.
Pros
convenient location, good pay, helpful team leader, customer relations, online training
Cons
ambivalent management, brief customer contact
Nice place to work, Loved it.
Teller, Receptionist, Data Entry, Lock Box (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMay 27, 2014
Teller at one of the faster pace branches.
All different types of stuff like, money orders,deposits,cashing checks,loan payments and making change orders.

How to work in a fast pace.

No problem with getting along with anyone.

I always try to enjoy my job and try to make the best that it can be.

People make it a better place.
Pros
pleasant environment, liked the work.
Cons
sometimes you could be short on help.
Productive office with good character
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIAugust 20, 2013
Citizens State Bank is a community minded bank, with the customers best interest in mind. It was a pleasure working there.
Pay is good
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Coalmont, TNJuly 7, 2013
The manager over the mountain branches is great to work for. The workers I worked with at the branch I was at was great
small town, got to know customers very well
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, OHJuly 5, 2013
Enjoyed working for a small town banking facility, was in charge of safe deposit boxes. Customer service and balancing window.
Pros
working hours
Cons
no advancement
A place where you could help make 'Dreams come true'.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarinda, IAJune 29, 2013
Work days would vary greatly from very slow to incredibly busy. It was very rewarding to help people with their dreams, but yet very stressful when you were unable to help them out and they were very upset and resentful of your decision. But, as long as your decision was backed up with sound financial reasoning, it made it much easier to cope with.
Pros
good work environment and benefits
Cons
salary was not great and job could be stressful at times
Productive & Fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Lena, ILJune 3, 2013
* Typical day at work would be working from 7:15 a.m-4:00 p.m.
* I have learned a lot of new skills/tools while working at Citzens State Bank. I have learned a lot about banking and everything/everyone that is envolved in what makes it successful.
* I have great co-workers. We all get along very well and work very well together.
* The hardest part about my job is customer service. Most of the time it's very rewarding, but there are times where it can be challenging too.
* The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to be around the customers and interacting with them. I am a people person, I love to be able to talk with the customers along with my co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers, good business hours
Cons
employee benefits, pay, poor communication skills
Fun, yet stagnant.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Snook, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Depending on the branch, the work environment can be very relaxed and fun. At the same time, there is not much room for advancement within the bank unless someone retires. Also, the compensation is what can be expected from a small town bank.
Pros
friendly co-workers, great 401k, great job security
Cons
little or no advancement opportunities, very low pay
Flexable hours
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, TXDecember 18, 2012
Learned all postitions in Financial instution. Co-workers depended to much on key people to do their work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor upper management
Great place for advancement
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Ganado TXOctober 8, 2012
CSB is a good place to learn new things and you are given the opportunity to advance fast. Only downfall is the management and the turnover rate