CITIZENS STATE BANK Employee Reviews

Stressful, poor leadership, unprofessional environment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Newberry, FLOctober 17, 2017
Decent pay, but very poor leadership by management, as well as poor communication. Overall, it is a very unprofessional environment, and morale is very low. The company went through 3 CEO changes in less than 9 months in 2016. There is constant turmoil between coworkers and staff with unqualified supervisors. Overall, a very stressful & disorganized environment. Layoffs have been abundant as the company moves to outsourcing and minimizing operating costs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor leadership, stressful, unprofessional environment
Fun work place
NEW ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Itasca, TXOctober 6, 2017
Typical work place. The management was okay but had their problems like any place. Very small location. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and our customers
Pros
The people we worked with
Cons
healthcare expensive
Small slowed paced environment. No career advancement
Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Was great change of pace from a big bank environment, however, quickly learned there was no room for advancement. VP of lending ran over everyone. Condescending attitude to people working below him and always backstabbing people who made mistakes. Bank was way behind in technology. Tried to get loan files in PDF's but was told it would take too long and too much money to do. A/C and Heater broke down a lot so work environment either too hot or too cold. Would not spend money to fix this issue.
Customers were nice and down too earth.. Workload was slow-paced and not very challenging.
Pros
small bank, slow-paced, nice customers
Cons
Way behind in computer technology. files not in PDFS but in file cabinets. no room to advance
Great place of employment
Assistant Vice President - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 25, 2017
Great place of employment, advancement opportunities, continually growing at a rapid pace, decent management, great culture, continues to advance technology wise
Great Environment
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Ganado, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Great environment to work in, very family-oriented. Management cares about their employees. Lots of community involvement. Plenty of opportunities for advancement for those who want to do so.
Pros
Many advancement opportunities
Cons
Officer compensation does not match responsibility level
Teller, CSR, Accounts, Loan Dept (Former Employee) –  Morrison, OKAugust 1, 2017
Very good place to work. Was able to advance in all areas of the bank, such as moving from teller position to the loan and new accounts departments. My managers were all very helpful throughout my time with them
Pros
Great customer service and very easy to work for
Cons
Was just looking for a career change, really have no cons for this job
A home away from home that pays you to be there
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TXJuly 26, 2017
Everyone works as a team, and everyone is very successful. Faces smiling everywhere you go. Everything positive to say without a negative piece to express.
Productive and learning workplace
Loan Assistant/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 25, 2017
A typical day would be preparing loan documents for closing of consumer, commercial, and real estate loan products to ensure full compliance and quality of loan documentation for funding. Resolve loan documentation and supervise teller operations.
Pros
great learing time
Cons
not very willing to promate within company
Place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJune 17, 2017
Nothing exciting to write about the bank. I needed something to do and it was an opportunity to make some extra money. The hours weren't that long and it worked out well for us!
Fun yet serious and innovative environment
Project Manager/Analyst/Officer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 16, 2017
Never a dull moment! In an ever changing and innovative environment, every day is a little different than the previous. The culture is great, but the people are better.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
Low match
Primitive
Loan Officer/Escrow processor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 20, 2017
Family run, dramatic relations, great pay, education was important to them. Great coworkers, and a professional environment. Hardest part was very little advanced technology.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Family run complications
Great place to work.
Commercial Lender / Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMarch 18, 2017
Very good work environment with full support of management. Family owned bank with family values towards all employees. Achievements recognized by management.
Pros
Pro employee management
Cons
Somewhat lacking in IT development.
Locally owned, community bank
Call Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Hired to develop and implement a sales program for seven (7) branch managers, I had responsibilities as varied as implementing marketing initiatives, developing social media posts and even running teller windows.
I enjoyed being fully immersed in our local community and developing relationships with co-workers and customers.
Citizens State Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2017
The work day is not complicated. Benefits are terrible. Turnover is high because of upper management and the lack of employee satisfaction. Some branches are great to work in though.
Fun place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarinda, IADecember 7, 2016
Great co-workers and management. Lots of interaction with clients and most of management were very complimentary for good work. Pleasant and clean work place.
Horrible management, wonderful coworkers
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INJuly 14, 2016
While I absolutely loved the people I worked with, I hated working for this company. They don't appreciate their employees or pay them enough for all of the work they do. One particular manager that has been there for 30+ years is the worst manager I have ever had. Never wanted to hear what her employees had to say and didn't give a care about them unless she could make a gesture to or for them that made herself look good. Greedy and money hungry is all this company is. Don't let the "small town bank" act fool you.
Pros
Good environment due to coworkers
Cons
Management, wages
Friendly group of people to work with.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSNovember 29, 2015
Open the main bank each morning, work with customers on solving their banking needs, whether it is helping them with making deposits, cashing checks, on-line banking, or opening and closing accounts.

Work on various reports, calling customers who are overdrawn on their accounts or are behind on paying their safe deposit boxes.

I emjoy working with my co-workers, we are a group of 15 and so it is like a family.
Pros
when we work Saturday's we have a half day off during the week.
Cons
Amount of compensation
Great Customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hartford City, INNovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time there for the most part. The customers were fun and easy to create a rapport with.

I felt that management pushed too hard for us to be salespeople, instead of letting us be tellers. Folks will come to the bank and seek out the products & services they want. They do not like to be questioned about their personal finances while in line for transactions. Some people even grew upset and just wanted to cash their check (or whatever) and go.

Often times, while working the drive-up, management would get into my cash drawer to make transactions for customers in the lobby, or someone else would count a business deposit. But, if at the end of the day my drawer was off, I was solely held responsible. I think that everyone involved should be accountable.

I do miss the customer service aspect of it, but poor managing makes me happy that I don't work there anymore.
Pros
Co-workers and customers
Cons
Management, poor pay
poor company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  hartford city indianaOctober 12, 2015
They are very bad about doing evaluations and pay raises. The Company is just worried about the president and CEO"s The company loves back stabbers and gossip. Do not waist your time with this company .. In time they will keep loosing business and i cant wait for that day.
Confidential
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 4, 2015
I enjoy working with the people that apply for a mortgage. It allows the opportunity to really get to know your borrower. The hardest part of the job is the lack of support for processing.