Citrus College Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly
ǀ Receptionist ǀ (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Nice to help all students t progress their lives whether young or older students. Very good learning environment. Nice staff, always helpful. Great place to gain experience.
great company, helped me build management skills
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 15, 2016
Citrus College is a great school and organization ive had the opportunity to work for. Unfortunately I only work there part time, So my schedule there is flexible and will work with me if I attain another job,
Love this school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 2, 2016
Citrus college is amazing and it changed my life. If really successful in life one day I hope to one day come back and work for this school.
Great place to work and go to school
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 19, 2016
I had a wonderful time at Citrus College. I made some lifelong friends
and was able to work in the field that I was going to school for.
Cons
Don't recommend anyone of color working here
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 3, 2016
The most racist workplace I've ever worked at. The management team is horrible and there is nothing but favoritism as well as nepotism. I wouldn't recommend anyone of color to work here unless you want to be treated like a slave or trash by the president.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Program Assistant - VPSS (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 26, 2016
Working with students/faculty. Being able to help the students is the best part because your are assisting them with a big part of their life and decisions regarding school. Seeing them happy and knowing that we are there to help is the best feeling.
Pros
Lovely Campus
Well Organized Department
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 16, 2016
The staff and dean of the natural science division at Citrus is a dream to work for and with. The teaching staff has their assignment at least a semester in advance.
Fun experience
Tutor/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 4, 2016
You either work loading/unloading orders or you pick them up and deliver them to a number of amazing locations around CA.
Fun and Learning
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Great work environment to be in I loved my boss and co workers we all had a great experience at citrus college thank you that is all i have to say
I taught Oral and MAxillofacial Surgery
Part-time Instructor, Dental Specialties (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 11, 2015
Courses were set up on a three week semester. there was theory to lecture then lab to perform the surgical assisting duties, and dental lab skills such as taking impressions and pour up models for surgical implants. Management was a tight click, no one to give me the time of day. Co-workers were the same. The hardest part of the job is to locate instruments and equipment which I needed,but just wasn't there. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the semester was over, and I could quit.
Pros
Good pay, short hours
Cons
tight click co-workers made it very difficult for me to fit in. I was same age, and no different then they were.
Best time of my life
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 4, 2015
Working at the school as an Asst. Coach was a dream come true. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world. Being there turned me into the man person I am today.
Exciting place to work
Temporary Bookstore Help (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 19, 2015
When working here for the bookstore, I had lots of fun working with other student employees and the managers. They made the work place fun.
Pros
Interaction with customers
I love my school.
Tutor - Honors Speech 101 (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 26, 2015
They made everything open for me, what support, what kindness, what great classes. I loved all my students. Professor Van Horn is the master.
Great Junior College Environment
Clerk/Typist II (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 14, 2015
This community college is a wonderful education environment. It embraces and creates community at all levels. Faculty and staff are focused on meeting the needs of the students in any way possible.
Pros
small campus makes communication with multiple departments easy
Cons
limited size of public school means state budget concerns have dramatic impact
Great
Student Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 11, 2015
Good environment!
Good team!
Good Management!
The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with students and help them.
Security Knowledge
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CaMarch 10, 2015
My typical day at this job was stocking shelves and kept tabs on backpacks coming in and out of store. I watched customers under the radar to make sure nothing was being stolen. The manager was very nice and was pleased with my work. The co-workers were nice and if needed assistance or help I was there. There was no hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was at my college and fun job.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
only a month job
A great learning experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 20, 2014
All tutoring positions are on call positions. It is up to the tutor to provide support to students so that they may achieve their academic goals. As a tutor I learned useful methods for dissipating appropriate study techniques to students as well as the best way to evaluate various learning techniques. Co-workers are driven and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students to understand troublesome subjects; seeing their eyes light up once they comprehend a subject that had previously been foreign to them
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful working environment, amazing management and staff
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 15, 2014
I truly enjoyed working here. A typical day at work consisted of answering phones and scheduling appointments, aiding students during registration and generally keeping the office running smoothly. I learned a great deal about the accommodations available to disabled students at a Community College and how to communicate effectively with individuals challenged in that area. The most difficult aspect was dealing with distraught students pushed beyond their ability to cope. I learned to be patient and compassionate without losing focus on the task at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting these students - from walking a blind woman to her class across campus, to reading the text of a test to a young man with ADHD. These opportunities were constant and varied, but when completed successfully, I felt that I had made a positive difference in someone's life and helped them to reach their goals.
Pros
Very busy, friendly environment. Never boring.
Cons
As this position was part-time, I did not qualify for any benefits.
Excellent work environment for the self-directed worker.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 10, 2014
A session started with booting-up the computers and checking all equipment. Anticipate and update students progress and needs. I learn new ways to meet students needs, each and every day. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when students become independent and are motivated to further explore various subject matter.
Productive workplace and great employees
Information Technology Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed working at citrus working at Citrus College it was great learning experience. I learned so much how to work as IT in a business working environment.
Pros
Co-workers and Mamgement
Cons
the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citrus College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5