Citrus College Employee Reviews

Wonderful working environment, amazing management and staff
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 15, 2014
I truly enjoyed working here. A typical day at work consisted of answering phones and scheduling appointments, aiding students during registration and generally keeping the office running smoothly. I learned a great deal about the accommodations available to disabled students at a Community College and how to communicate effectively with individuals challenged in that area. The most difficult aspect was dealing with distraught students pushed beyond their ability to cope. I learned to be patient and compassionate without losing focus on the task at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting these students - from walking a blind woman to her class across campus, to reading the text of a test to a young man with ADHD. These opportunities were constant and varied, but when completed successfully, I felt that I had made a positive difference in someone's life and helped them to reach their goals.
Pros
very busy, friendly environment. never boring.
Cons
as this position was part-time, i did not qualify for any benefits.
A great learning experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 20, 2014
All tutoring positions are on call positions. It is up to the tutor to provide support to students so that they may achieve their academic goals. As a tutor I learned useful methods for dissipating appropriate study techniques to students as well as the best way to evaluate various learning techniques. Co-workers are driven and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students to understand troublesome subjects; seeing their eyes light up once they comprehend a subject that had previously been foreign to them
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Experienced math tutor in Citrus College
TA and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2013
I like to help others which is the most important reason why I would like to be a math tutor. I like to see the smile on students' face when they get good grade on their class. Helping students to approach their study goal and career goal step by step is the most significant thing for me. However, I also improved my math skill during the tutoring process which is very significant. We have to keep improving ourselves in our life. I hope I can help more students on math.
Pros
gained teaching skills and experience.
Cons
payment is a little bit low
Caring and Knowledgeable Faculty
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 13, 2013
I went to Citrus College for two years as a business student. I loved the staff, and if you really try they will get to know you and give you advice for your career and future education. I used the transfer center to help prepare me for transferring to a 4 year univeristy and the tools and basic skills I learned at Citrus really helped with my success at a 4 year university.
Pros
small classes, caring professors, great counselors
Cons
not as much variety of classes as other community colleges
Security Knowledge
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CaMarch 10, 2015
My typical day at this job was stocking shelves and kept tabs on backpacks coming in and out of store. I watched customers under the radar to make sure nothing was being stolen. The manager was very nice and was pleased with my work. The co-workers were nice and if needed assistance or help I was there. There was no hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was at my college and fun job.
Pros
amazing work environment
Cons
only a month job
Terrific small college environment
Adjunct Humanities Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 24, 2012
Citrus has been a tremendous community to know professionals and to share a love of education with fellow faculty members. The Dean of my department is a wonderfully compassionate man. I have great flexibility in my schedule. The only complaint has been the budgetary restrictions that limit class availability. I'd love to make Citrus my full time home and I highly recommend it as a small college in southern California with a family feel to the staff.
Pros
freedom to work
Cons
budgetary restrictions
Great place to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMarch 3, 2014
Typical day is answering telephones organizing the managements calendar as well organize files and schedules. I learned to stay organized and how to communicate well with clients. Management was great and very helpful. The hardest part is when you file, make sure each paper work gets put in the right file. The most enjoyable was to meet new people.
Pros
holiday parties, lunch outs
Cons
no con at all
Personal Growth Experience
HIGH TECH LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 11, 2014
They offered me a position that I was not familiar with and not comfortable with at first. I made my share of mistakes, but my co-workers and supervisors allowed me to grow from my mistakes. As soon as I got comfortable, they gave more and more responsibilities. This employment opportunity was a personal and professional growth experience for me. I am truly thankful for the opportunity Citrus College and the DSP&S office in particular!
Great Junior College Environment
Clerk/Typist II (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 14, 2015
This community college is a wonderful education environment. It embraces and creates community at all levels. Faculty and staff are focused on meeting the needs of the students in any way possible.
Pros
small campus makes communication with multiple departments easy
Cons
limited size of public school means state budget concerns have dramatic impact
Excellent work environment for the self-directed worker.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 10, 2014
A session started with booting-up the computers and checking all equipment. Anticipate and update students progress and needs. I learn new ways to meet students needs, each and every day. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when students become independent and are motivated to further explore various subject matter.
Flexible hours and many opportunities
Supplemental Instructor - Biology (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Employed as a student worker, supplemental instruction program worked to fit class schedule. Able to work with large groups, controlled most of day-to-day activities. Required to provide statistical data of students' progress as program was grant funded. Fast paced, required excellent people skills.
Fun Place
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 8, 2013
My most enjoyable part of my job is getting to speak to different people and giving them excellent customer service skills. Everyday was a new thing that what made this job exciting. My Co-workers are really nice persons I enjoy workoing with them.
Best time of my life
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 4, 2015
Working at the school as an Asst. Coach was a dream come true. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world. Being there turned me into the man person I am today.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Tutor and Language Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMarch 2, 2012
had a great time tutoring and working in the Language Lab as Lab Aide. Nice meeting students from different parts of the world, especially India and Holland (Netherlands).
Pros
everything
Cons
short of units does not allow you to work there.
Really great place to work for.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working there. The job was very easy. You patrol the parking lots and the interior of the school. They base your schedule around the times of your classes. They believe that school comes first.
Productive workplace and great employees
Information Technology Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed working at citrus working at Citrus College it was great learning experience. I learned so much how to work as IT in a business working environment.
Pros
co-workers and mamgement
Cons
the pay
Typical work environment
Supplementary Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 30, 2013
If you do the job set before you, you'll have no problem getting along with the supervisors. There is a lot of paperwork but just keep your things organized
I have enjoyed working for Citrus College for 26 years.
Non-Credit Music Instructor for Older Adults (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 3, 2012
My bosses have been great, and they have bent over backwards to help me.
Pros
good place to work
Exciting place to work
Temporary Bookstore Help (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 19, 2015
When working here for the bookstore, I had lots of fun working with other student employees and the managers. They made the work place fun.
Pros
Interaction with customers
I love my school.
Tutor - Honors Speech 101 (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 26, 2015
They made everything open for me, what support, what kindness, what great classes. I loved all my students. Professor Van Horn is the master.

4.6