Citrus Valley Health Partners

Citrus Valley Health Partners Employer Reviews

BACKWARDS NURSING CULTURE AND POOR SANITATION PRACTICES
RN (Former Employee), FOOTHILLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: massive overtime
Cons: smart seasonal confident nurses will never work here.. mostly new grads who are scared
I HAVE NEVER WORKED IN A HOSPITAL SETTING WHERE NURSES, MGMT, AND ANCILLARY STAFF WALK IN AND OUT OF ISOLATION ROOMS ESP TUBERCULOSIS ROOMS AND LEAVE THE DOORS OPEN. THE ALARMS ARE CONSTANTLY GOING OFF AND ARE IGNORED BY STAFF. THE MEAL TRAYS ARE THE SAME FOR ISOLATION PATIENTS AS THEY ARE FOR CLEAN PATIENTS. THERE ARE NO DISPOSABLE THROW AWAY TRAYS. THE STAFF PLACES CONTAMINATED TRAYS WITH THE CLEAN TRAYS, THEREFORE, THEY ARE ALL CONTAMINATED. THEN, THEY ARE CARRIED TO THE KITCHEN WHERE THE FOOD IS PREPARED. THESE TOXIC GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE; THE CDC SHOULD BE INFORMED ESP NOW SINCE EBOLA IS A RISK.

ON ANOTHER NOTE THE NURSES ARE BULLIED BY THE CHARGE NURSES WHO SPEAKS TO THEM IN A DEMEANING TONE. THE SADDEST THING I EVER WITNESS, THE NURSES SEEM IMMUNE TO BAD BEHAVIOR AND DO NOT STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES. THE NURSES LACK THE SKILLS NEEDED TO PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF PATIENTS AND MOST OF THE CNAS ARE LAZY. IF YOU ARE A PATIENT FORGET ABOUT BEING TURNED EVERY TWO HOURS IF YOU CAN NOT MOVE ON YOUR OWN YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE SORES AND INFECTIONS. IN ADDITION, GET USE TO LYING IN YOUR FLUIDS AND FECES BECAUSE THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT GET CLEANED UNTIL THE END OF EVERY SHIFT ( EQUIVALENT 12 HOURS) UNLESS YOU HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER AT THE BEDSIDE. THE PRESENCE OF YOUR FAMILY AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFIES YOU FOR THE QUEEN ELIZABETH TREATMENT PACKAGE. SEE YOUR ( THE PATIENT AND INPUT FROM FAMILY) SATISFACTORY SCORES = HCAPS SCORES= PERFECT SCORES = FULL REIMBURSEMENT FOR HOSPITALS. IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED THE GOVERNMENT DEDUCTS MONEY FROMTHE HOSPITAL. SO IF YOU CAN NOT SPEAK OR WRITE YOU WILL HAVE DOG PRIVILEGES AND HAVE A HIGH PROBABILITY OF ACQUIRING HOSPITAL ASSOCIATED INFECTION AMONG OTHER THINGS...IN LAY TERMS LEAVING THE HOSPITAL IN WORSE CONDITION THAN WHEN YOU CAME IN. GOOD LUCK!
Medical Staff Office
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Inter-community locationNovember 3, 2014
Pros: clean, organized, great company
Cons: controlling manager, mirco manager, stressful work environment
My experience there was an unforgettable experience.... the ladies there were very friendly.... the office was very organized. my only issue with this office is the MAJOR CONTROL!! that was placed and warranted by their acting director..... it was so intense that I literally had stress within my 2nd week of working there..... and the ladies were not very happy with the controlling part but felt that they had to take it because they needed their jobs.

Sadly in all my years of working in a medical staff office I have NEVER felt micro managed like I did there. it was a beautiful environement yet a pressured department.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO WORK LIKE THAT.

God removed me before I could remove my self because like the ladies I needed my job.
Used to be a Great place to work.
ancillary (Current Employee), Glendora, CaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: pay, management, non union, limited services
After merger with CVHP Foothill has slowly but surley gone down the tubes. So many PTO days taken away. Little things like birthday cards taken. Etc. Etc. Management is out for bonuses and love to eliminate. There have been some cosmetic improvements but all CVHP facilities are not very sanitary. Gets way worse at the southern facilities. Rooms are very small and units are cramped. Food is very poor. Many employees are good people and will help. Like any other place you have a few that can make your life difficult. Overall I dont recommend unless your out of school and need to get experience then move on. Besides Foothill has very limited services and they love to FLEX staff.
Caring, compassionate environment,
Supervisor, Lori Bryant (Former Employee), Queen of the Valley CampusAugust 20, 2014
Pros: *discount employee lunchm awesome environment
Cons: *balancing out home life from graveyard shifts
I loved going to work each day/night ( I worked varied shifts). I learned a deeper compassion in the healthcare industry. Management was pretty fair, organized and there was much growth opportunity. The hardest part of the job was probably working graveyard and having trouble balancing out home life with work life, but I wouldn't have changed anything. The best part of my job was that I was helping change peoples lives and showing them compassion during difficult times for them.
Good coworker support.
Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Covina, CAJune 20, 2014
Immediate supervisor very supportive. Coworkers friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was lack of job security.
Professional and productive workplace
Physical Therapist I, per diem (Current Employee), West Covina, CAApril 25, 2014
Due to my per diem status, I may work in the acute setting one day and with outpatient services the next. All of the staff are incredibly friendly and provide a light-hearted yet professional environment. I have learned many valuable tools and thought processes working in the different environments and from the different physical therapists. Management, as well as my coworkers, are a pleasure to work along side. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the extremely difficult cases of patients who no longer can benefit from physical therapy services due to end of life care or inability to perform out of bed activities due to health concerns. The most enjoyable part of my job is the dealings with different patients in a variety of settings and seeing their progress from the hospital bed to the outpatient setting.
Fun environment with great values
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Covina, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: friendly enviromnent
Cons: short lunches
A typical day at work involves transporting and assisting radiology with daily activities. I learned how to care and tend to patients as well as core techniques to many tests. The management is phenomenal and works well with scheduling during school and other conflicts. The hardest part of the job is working nights transporting patients without help especially if the rooms are crowded. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to feel comfortable with the people I work with.
strong belief in advancing their employees
Manager (Former Employee), Covina, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: gainging experience and knowledge
Cons: staff acceptance on acceptance of a co-worker becoming management and gaining their respect
Always room for advancement and knowledge, promoted from a collector up the career ladder to manager, the challenging part of the job was negotiating with contractors, enjoyed the challegne
A great place to work, I was so sorry to have to leave. A company you would like to retire from.
Accountant (Former Employee), Covina, CANovember 26, 2012
Pros: a good balance of work and home.
Multible job task on a daily basic. I worked with great people in a team setting. Continuing job grouth was encouaged and expected.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Covina, CANovember 2, 2012
Citrus Valley Health Partners provides quality health care to the communities of the East San Gabriel Valley. The project involved working on the enhancement of the Citrus EMR system.
very nice weight room
Central Service Technician/Surgical inst. (Former Employee), Covina, CAOctober 12, 2012
Pros: buy or bring your own lunch
Cons: 15.min healthcare was good
come in and to work typical day.what i learned there was all surgery instruments pull case carts assist on surgical preps transport patients .management was very good.as for my co-workers we work good together every day.the hardest part was sometimes working by your safe.the most enjoyable part of my job was being in the surgery room.
Security position asking more than what's required
Security Officer (Current Employee), West Covina, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: going home at the end of you shift
Cons: working with lazy guards
Constantly looking over your shoulder
Wondering if your going to have a job tomorrow
Management only looking out for them selves
Working with people looking out to "get you"
NA