City & County Of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Working for the City.
IT Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
Its great if you get a permenant position other wise your ust a cog in a big clock that doesnt tick tock for you. so if your part time or anything other then permenant dont waste your time.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
not appriciative
office work
Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2017
I have been worked there as Data Entry and office work such as filing, scheduling and other office work I work for as needed position so that I cannot get any benefit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short break
Job security but zero raise potential
3417 Gardener (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 23, 2017
Salaries are union negotiated so no chance of raises on individual merit. Nearly impossible to be fired except for felony crimes so coworkers are unaccountable.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Zero mobility
Job Security
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2017
Everyday is a challenge. Everyday its something new. The people are easy to get along with. The hours are great. Regular day shift and you will have the weekends off.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managment
Great place to work with many opputunitys to move up
Glazier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2016
I supervised up to 15 team members. Each day was usually a little different from the previous. Being a manager I would coordinate projects subcontractors and the public to assure all safety procedures were in place prior to material installation. The hardest part of my job was trying to coordinate heavy equipment in public spaces. I also was in charge of all the glass needs in each terminal at SFO.
Case management
Protective Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2016
Respond to crisis. coordinate and schedule meetings with service providers, mental health professionals, attorneys, relatives, parents, and client (minor).

make decisions to remove minor to and from placement. Consult with team to make a decision for the best interest of the minor.

minor(s) may have mental health that can be a complicated factor in inquiring a higher level placement. Minor's psychotropic medication(s) and medical have to be up to date.

Minor may also have an IEP.
Pros
Seeing progress and growth within the minor(s), parents, & family.
Cons
You may have several crisis on a several different cases in a day to respond to.
good paying job
Social Worker Family and Children Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 1, 2016
I really enjoy working for the city and county of san Francisco
I work with a great group of people I love working near home.
Pros
great pay
Cons
tests
Productive, lay back, challenging
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2015
working in a mental health clinic could be hectic, very busy; learned how to deal with difficult customers/clients; management are very nice, professional and lay-back type of people; coworkers are great, fun to work with; hardest part of the job is when a client is experiencing bad episode but the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to help clients live normal lives
A tight nit group that welcome hard workers.
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2015
Fantastic experience. A very hardworking team that believe in knowledge sharing. Typical days starts checking our emails and ticketing system. I learned how the entire IT network works in different locations of government. Management were a complete delight considering they hold all to a high level of accountability. Co workers have turned into life long friends, the hardest part of the job is learning quick and adapting to different set ups in the network. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing how appreciated you felt from management after a hard day of work,
Pros
Highly structured working with top of the line technology.
Cons
a very productive and friendly workplace
- SF International Airport/Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2015
From the start of you day there is a extreme amount of positive energy. The sense of teamwork is great and everyone is eager to succeed and get the job done.
Working for San Francisco City & County Recreation & Park Dept. was great! I worked cleaning up many things and some gardening in Golden Gate Park.
Gardener/Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Golden Gate ParkDecember 1, 2014
Loved it! Did that job twice, and would do it again, met great people, my supervisor was a great guy! I worked with the best crew I could have been with both times. Once October 2002 to April 2003 and again October 2013 to April 2013. Got one year experience there. Also did gardening at City College Of San Francisco in the Horticulture Department while I attended school, students job and Volunteer Gardening at Laguna Honda Hospital & Rehab. Center. At College June 2009 to December 2011, and Laguna Honda May 2009 to February 2012. I moved to the East Bay & had no way to commute to the City every day.
Pros
Beautiful place to work & a great crew & supervisor.
Cons
six month job, seasonal work, laid off.
Fun and good people person
Public Service Trainee (PST) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2014
Like working with people and meeting people, with 2010 Census
Pros
outreach
Great place to work if you don't mind the heavy political and "Big Brother enviroment.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 2, 2014
Working here you must be a jack of all trades and a master of least a few.
Low Income
Medical Evaluation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2014
The location was difficult to handle since it was in the heart of San Francisco's Tenderloin district..... It was a learning experience since their average clientele was not average. I learned a lot from the community and the people that worked there..
Pros
experience
Cons
location
technology
SFMTA 1023 - IS Administrator III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2014
I used to train users in Office 2000, via class set up or individually one one one for over 12 years.
I was the top technician to complete work orders (user requests) on desktop (PC and laptop), remote and server issues including printers & telephone systems for over 15 years.
this government agency was 10 years behind in technology when I left in 2011.
the most gratifying part of my job for over 15years was to be able to teach the drivers and users that had never used a PC to be able to help them learn and relief their fear from using a computer or a laptop. And to also walk them thru an application problem either on the phone or in person, this city department has over 50 sites with users on computers.
Pros
teaching what I new about computers to users
Cons
no advancement in management, no advancement in technology, stagnant in computer knowledge
A good friendly place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  City HallJanuary 23, 2014
Had a good opportunity to learn about Property Taxes, and City Wide General ledger system-FAMIS
Horrible place to work....
ADA (Former Employee) –  Law firmAugust 21, 2013
If you would not mind working 60+ hours a week, with constant hand off trials and knowing other people are getting promoted because they donated money to the DA's campaign or have other "connections"... Then this is the place for you.
Majority of the hard working DA's ended up leaving to go to other DA's offices. A handful of good ones remain.
Unfortunately there is no real training in the office, and commonly lateral DA's would have to correct and teach their superiors the law.

SFPD is not considered an entity that you work with, given all the poliical head butting. Unlike other counties where cops are more than willing to help and do their job, SFPD puts in the bare minimal due their long and challenging history with the DA's office.

Money is great!
Pros
Location, money
Cons
Work atmosphere
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier I  (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA June 28, 2013
Fun place to work for with great benefits, good managers and a lot to learn.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
staffing
Fast paced working eniorvment
Public Service Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2013
Working on san francisco busy bus route in the southeast sector of the city provding safety and directions for passengers of all ages
Pros
Outside job love working and engaging with the public
Cons
Rain or Shine
An ok place to wrok
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2013
A good place to retire from. The work pace is slow and the technology is behind. Ask a lot of questions during the interview because the job descriptions are misleading.