City College of New York Employee Reviews

Great school
Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Amazing professors, faculty and staff. I worked with a research professor and a group of students. Everyone was friendly and respectful amount the diverse group
Good but there is room for improvement
Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
The work environment is nice. Small lab groups allow for interaction with students. Labs have been recently renovated and they are nicely equipped. Nice place to work in.
Great starting point
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
Excellent staff, willing to help you progress and reach your goals. As long as you're willing to put in the work, you will learn new skills, perspectives and experience.
Knowledgeable
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
I have acquired valuable experience during my work a Peer Leader in the City College of New York. I developed communication skills and leadership skill.
Pros
discount for everything in city college stationery and lunch
Cons
Handling students with bad attitude
Good Place to work and have many practical training
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
In my opinion, this is a good adn practical company, cuz it teach you a lot of things which are very practical and useful in your job and future carrer development.
Fun Place
Programmer, Senior (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Gained good experience and very great team to work with. Taught a lot of things and explored new concepts as well. The most enjoyable part if this job is that we get to learn new things everyday and try to implement it on the real world applications
Ee
Semiconductor Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
group work for projects. LED & micro controller project were very remarkable. LED project made me learn a lot in wireless communication and digital signal processing
Researcher
Researcher Assistant, Technology Researcher (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 13, 2017
As an assistant researcher, primary investigators consists of professors of high-expertise. They often provided good leaderships and are the type of crowd that can motivate and nurture an undergrad-students interests and passions for engineering.
Pros
Resources, assistance, etc
Cons
Pay Salary
school offers various opportunities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
I have been research assistant in ccny for more than 5 years, professors here are very nice and knowledgeable, they always provide guidance and encourangement throughout my research. I also have the chance to be a TA for several semesters.
Diverse environment
MATERIALS PROCESSING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
City College of New York is a diverse institution of staff, faculty and students. It is an environment where ideas and opinions matter and are encouraged. Everyone in some way or the other has the opportunity to manage or supervise, giving you the ability for growth.
Pros
Events
Cons
No overtime.
Good teaching experience
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Taught many courses, usually with +45 students. Most of the full-time faculty is helpful and approachable. Same with the staff.
not fun to work alot of drama
Custodian Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
a day at work is very stressful,,,i don't feel appreciate of the quality of work I do,,also is not much custodian at the work place we always overwork
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
Great place to work, learnt many new things. I recommend this place for PhD freshers if they are interested in Multiphase flows.
Productive environment, great coworkers
Admissions Office Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
The City College is a great place to sharpen customer service skills, as well as other administrative skills. It can sometimes be fast paced but overall the work environment is pretty comfortable and manageable. My coworkers were great and very helpful.
One of the most diverse college in the United States
Tutor, Mathematics Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
Worked here as a part time tutor. Very nice campus and facilities. The most enjoyable part of this job is reinforcing the concepts which helps both the tutor and tutee.
Pros
Easily accessible, theres always a place to study, and affordable
Productive place and very educative
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  160 Convent Ave. NAC building New York, NY 10031May 16, 2016
My experiences here has been amazing, I've learn quite a lot working as a research assistant. One of the things I have learn is how to do phone screens for a research study, how to verbally communicate in a prompt manner, among other things.
Excellent Management
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
My co-workers were awesome! The environment was very welcoming and comfortable, which played a major role as to why I was so happy.
Productive place
Research Faculty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
I am an engineer who loves experimental studies. I work both in the lab and in office. I am a quick learner so I will be able to adapt any place and do my best to be a good and productive person.
It is fun
Receptionist/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
I worked as federal work-study student. So it was great learning experience. You can work around your class and test.Everyone is helpful.
Challenging yet at times rewarding
Director of Student Life (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work normally starts out dealing with an email or emails.

I've learned to be more solution orientated, and to have extreme patience.

Management at time can be very challenging and there exist a varied amount of leadership styles.

Co-workers are interesting as I work in a very conservative environment, yet at times people can be very collaborative.

The hardest part of the job is not being allowed to be too innovative.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the lives that have been touched or that I made an impact on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City College of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3