City College Of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work as a student
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
Very supportive management. Open atmosphere. Excellent job to have if you have a very busy student schedule as you're able to study during your downtime.
Challenging work environment
Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2017
Low quality of student body led to a difficult teaching environment. Lack of college standards weakened school's reputation and was stressful for the instructors.
Pros
almost free tuition
Cons
no faculty rank all teachers were instructors not a very professional environment.
A diverse and supportive learning environment
VETERAN PEER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work is interacting with a population of young adults sharing knowledge and experience. I learned working well with others, time management, and prioritizing task. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching others learn and grow.
Relax atmosphere
Language lab assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Managed schedules, answering phone calls, filing, preparing development materials and maintaining office supplies inventory
Assisted faculty and staff in Cantonese translation and provided one-on-one basic conversation in Cantonese tutorial.

Most enjoyable part of this job is being able to connect with coworkers and staff members. The language lab center gives people a very welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible, interactive, productive
Cons
unable to provide one on one tutoring for everyone
fun with people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2017
I like my co-workers who was fabulous people to work and for.
I enjoy working with the students.
The position was part-time and no benefits.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
position was temporary
work placement school job
Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 5, 2017
this was a work placement job! I don't know what else to write. This job was a good chance to hone leadership skills. I still use the skills that I have learned at this position
A busy and interesting place to work
Nursery Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2016
My day began with irrigating an entire green house or lath house, transplanting various plants, collecting and distributing mail, making photo-copies and pruning, maintaing the grounds. My co-workers were very kind and it was like having a second family. The hardest part of the job were the extremely busy days when we had our regular duties and added responsibility such as assisting the Floristry Department with designs/staging presentations or preparing for a plant sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with plants.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, enjoyable tasks
Cons
Enormous work load due to small staff
Great Place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 15, 2016
The people where nice but a little slow to train. Laid out very reachable goals for everyone and helped everyone meet their goals.
Good Jobs for Federal Work-Study
Student Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2016
For students who need money, Federal Work Study is a good program. You need to find jobs on campus yourself, but CCSF makes this easy. The best part is that they will absolutely work around your class schedule, and will allow time off for sickness, tests, and catching up on homework. Their motto is "Health first, academics second, and the job third."
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Minimum wage
Helpful and a great experience
A Statistics tutor or student mentor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2016
I have tutored countless college students with diverse range of type of people, such as single mother, veteran, people of color and students over 25. It was a great experience to tutor different type of students in statistics. It was very enjoyable that I tutored different types of student, and we became friends. I was very happy to help them in their class and see their improvements.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
low wage
Very fun and productive workplace
Senior Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  San francisco, CAAugust 1, 2016
In a typical day at work, I fulfill management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of several individuals. Throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provide strong customer service and resolve customer issues in person or by phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is greeting people.
Fun, enjoyable, and an educational workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2016
My work experience at City College of San Francisco was really beneficial. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, and we all learned from each other. I was able to apply my knowledge in networking, computer hardware, and programming.
fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2016
- Enroll new student, register, add/drop class
- Help professor file and grade paperwork and respond to emails

management and co-workers were nice.
Cons
short breaks
very fast work pace and busy environment.
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2016
a typical day at work is pretty good, fast. i learn to work with different people everyday as a manger. My coworkers are friendly and we work well together. the job is pretty easy and enjoyable.
Recommended!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2016
• Amazing! nothing is to be complained
• Friendly Workplace
• Flexible Schedule
• Good Equipment
• Convenient transportation
Good place for foreign students to start education
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Affordable, with great teachers, councelors and classes. The teachers had office hours, I had the best English teachers and math teachers that I have ever had in my life, having to take a lot of these classes each semester. It was just hard to take these classes late in life, but not too late, maybe, maybe not, yet thank goodness. When I was going here they offered study classes--classes that teach you to be a great student; how to study effectively--these helped a lot. It was a good thing to start the whole process with classes that teach a student how to manage their time realistically.
Working in college library is a good way to gain work expericences
Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Working in college library is an enjoyable thing because of the nice supervisor and co-workers. I am very glad that I can work with them. They are very helpful, and we work well together. I am happy that I can improve my office and communication skills through my job. The enjoyable part of my job is that I can use my Microsoft Office skills to help my supervisor and other students solve their problems.
Place of extraordinary talent
Interim Associate Dean, Instructional Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2016
City College is blessed by its location in San Francisco. It draws on an extraordinary talent pool -- persons from all over the world -- for its faculty, staff, administration and particularly its students. City College can honestly compare its instruction favorably against any institution, and due to the talents of faculty and students, it fosters a very dynamic learning environment. If there is a downside to this, its culture of participatory governance can occasionally be marked by resistance to change -- though such inclinations are sincerely reasoned and thoughtful.
Pros
Fostering equity and social mobility
Cons
Environment of many legal stakeholders and regulations
Good people, great students
Single Stop Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
Offers many opportunities to help social and educational inequity. Opportunity to grow and impact the community and projects for students.
Good environment
Lab aider (Former Employee) –  san franciscoOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work is checking emails and making phone calls
My co-workers is my superior Jill a really nice lady.
The hardest part is I have to combine my studies and the job
The most enjoyable part is I get to talk with students and help them moreover I get to speak different languages in my job .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City College Of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5