City College Of San Francisco Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, enjoyable, and an educational workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2016
My work experience at City College of San Francisco was really beneficial. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, and we all learned from each other. I was able to apply my knowledge in networking, computer hardware, and programming.
very fast work pace and busy environment.
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2016
a typical day at work is pretty good, fast. i learn to work with different people everyday as a manger. My coworkers are friendly and we work well together. the job is pretty easy and enjoyable.
Recommended!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2016
• Amazing! nothing is to be complained
• Friendly Workplace
• Flexible Schedule
• Good Equipment
• Convenient transportation
Good place for foreign students to start education
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Affordable, with great teachers, councelors and classes. The teachers had office hours, I had the best English teachers and math teachers that I have ever had in my life, having to take a lot of these classes each semester. It was just hard to take these classes late in life, but not too late, maybe, maybe not, yet thank goodness. When I was going here they offered study classes--classes that teach you to be a great student; how to study effectively--these helped a lot. It was a good thing to start the whole process with classes that teach a student how to manage their time realistically.
Working in college library is a good way to gain work expericences
Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Working in college library is an enjoyable thing because of the nice supervisor and co-workers. I am very glad that I can work with them. They are very helpful, and we work well together. I am happy that I can improve my office and communication skills through my job. The enjoyable part of my job is that I can use my Microsoft Office skills to help my supervisor and other students solve their problems.
Place of extraordinary talent
Interim Associate Dean, Instructional Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2016
City College is blessed by its location in San Francisco. It draws on an extraordinary talent pool -- persons from all over the world -- for its faculty, staff, administration and particularly its students. City College can honestly compare its instruction favorably against any institution, and due to the talents of faculty and students, it fosters a very dynamic learning environment. If there is a downside to this, its culture of participatory governance can occasionally be marked by resistance to change -- though such inclinations are sincerely reasoned and thoughtful.
Pros
Fostering equity and social mobility
Cons
Environment of many legal stakeholders and regulations
Good people, great students
Single Stop Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
Offers many opportunities to help social and educational inequity. Opportunity to grow and impact the community and projects for students.
Good environment
Lab aider (Former Employee) –  san franciscoOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work is checking emails and making phone calls
My co-workers is my superior Jill a really nice lady.
The hardest part is I have to combine my studies and the job
The most enjoyable part is I get to talk with students and help them moreover I get to speak different languages in my job .
Hopefully the Accreditation dust-up wont ruin the culture
Library Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
I was only there for a brief time, but from what I saw, the management really knew thier jobs and were great in communicating thier desires from thier employees. Job security at the managament -level was in serious flux, however, due to the school losing its accreditation .
Pros
Parking, Discount at food and bookstore
Cons
Some lack of job security, In a hard to access area
Student Mentor/Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2015
Great diverse group of people to work with at CCSF. A place where you can learn on a daily basis. Scheduling is straight forward, and flexible.
Prodctive
student worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
Excellent
I have learned a lot at City College of San Francisco
Hopefule I can contribute what I learned to the society
I am strongly recommend people to first start with CCSF
Different Experience each day
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2015
Each day is generally never the same. which is what makes the job both exciting and fun. I believe that I learn something almost each day at work, and while at times I don't realize at the time, I usually come to some realization upon reflection. The most difficult about where I work is that due to the organization's size interpersonal and interaction with other can be difficult , which is the most challenging part of the job, other than that I really enjoy my time working at CCSF,
Pros
Autonomy and Flexibility
Cons
Few opportunities to collaborate
Excellent place to work very supportive enviornment.
Resource Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaJuly 2, 2015
typical day was to provide supportive services to students. i learned the importance of being in a empowering position and knew that was what I wanted to in some capacity as a career. Co -workers were all fellow students and friends and they were the best. Hardest part was you could not make everyone happy. i love helping people that is the best part of any job.
Pros
Great environment and supportive great friends
Cons
Cant think of one
An excellent institution with very supportive faculty
Peer educator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2015
My journey of embracing diversity started at City College of San Francisco. On this job, I grew to understand individuals from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles challenged with an array of social and/or health challenges. In turn, I received the relevant training equipping me make a difference in my community back home in Africa. At City College, the support I got from the exemplary faculty, helped me grow as a student, community contributor and doer.
Pros
Excellent biology and health science faculty
Cons
Not open to employing qualified foreign individuals
Cleanlieness
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2015
Usually everyday i would go around and pick up trash or if there is cleaning supplies i would stock them away. I usually worked by myself or helped others lift things that they couldn't lift.
Incorporated the needs of everyone
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2015
I kept track of all existing and future veteran students. I maintained our presence of campus by hosting barbecues with fellow veterans for other students. The Center participated in off-campus veteran actives as well, such as events with the San Francisco Giants, and the Veterans Hospital. I learned to incorporate the individual needs of many, and apply it singularly to all. The hardest part, was encouraging individual participation, but was rewarding to see fellow veterans successfully transition and later move on to a four-year institution.
Great place to work!
2615 (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
I would like to state first that I really had an amazing time here with the crew I worked with and with the kids. I enjoyed coming to work each day. The director was a little overburdening at times but for the most part was more than fair and supportive in fact even tried in her own ways to be there for each of us in our times of need. Kudos on that. My issues were not with the center but the upper management and district themselves. Classified staff always seemed to get the short end of the stick and our union allowed that to happen(another story). I was laid off as were a group of other childcare workers that month. I was never called back for my job even though they hired 2x now (quite illegal) again this has to do with the district and upper not the center itself. Had I not been laid off, I still would have been here and been happy with the team and the babies.
Pros
Great team, working with children
Cons
Union representatives
City college
Audiovisual Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 3, 2015
I love working here. everyone's friendly and things get done when needed. My coworkers are very nice people who due their job well
Wonderful Group of Teachers
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2015
The school has a collection of wonderful teachers. We need this school to stay open to continue providing the community with educated individuals.
a typical day at work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2015
working in city college of San Francisco, the main duties were helping others students in stock room, also maintained the lab apparatus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City College Of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4