City College Employee Reviews

Fair company to work for.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 2, 2017
Very involved managment team. Very professional structure. Great work environment, very by the book, ethical. No micro-managing. Allow you to do your job with no pressure.
Pros
Ethical. Professional.
Cons
High stress, inter-office gossip runs management.
Cut throat
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2017
Glorified call center with heavy micromanagement. Impossible to be truly successful. The expectations are not realistic. The admissions team is treated very poorly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many to name
Poor work environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I loved working with the students. It was my favorite part. However, upper management has very poor communication and are quite dishonest. There is a lot of animosity in this work place and plenty of disgruntled employees. The school needs to make so many changes if they want to continue to stay open. Students deserve better for the cost of tuition they pay. Employees deserve better than just a good paycheck: they deserve respect, communication, and honesty.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, students
Cons
Management, hours, system
Place to learn and become involved in creating a future.
Student Work Program, Night Librarian Asst (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Work day consisted of performing Librarian duties, Check books in out, help students find books they needed. Help students log in to accounts find information, show them haw to use Micro soft and other programs. How search engines work and where to find info. needed for their studies. Monitor Library so not to be used as hang out spot, but area for learning. Replacing books after returned checked in for others to use, there to answer what I could or lead them to whom could help them. Some one they could count on and trust.
Pros
help with study time
Cons
no breaks.
Admissions Rep
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 8, 2017
love the job and pay more of management team dishonest and a lot of undercover things besides that it was wonderful very stressful because of mangement
Cons
mangement, commouncation, dishonesty, lies, treated poorly
Training
Adjunct College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2017
Good work/life balance, compensation is good. Management easy to work with. Job culture is excellent. Job security and advancement opportunities are available.
Good Job
General Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
Enjoy working at City College very much. Staff and Students are wonderful, courteous, and respectful I have learned a great deal both by the faculty and the students. Looking forward to working with all of the students.
family
CUNY Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10031January 29, 2017
Working at city college was a rewarding experience. I learned so much from my supervisor; like being cool under pressure, anticipating others need to better suit them, organizing information whether it was an input of data into the cuny system or setting up for a department meeting and most importantly maintaining the department spreadsheets (class schedule, professor's schedules, etc).
Student Interaction
Director Allied Health Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Opportunity to work with diverse students to help them acheive their educational goals and prepare them for future work opportunities.
Average school
Lead Nursing Instructor- Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Rather not comment. School needs to admit higher level of students in order to have academic success. Most students require extra help and are not committed to the program.
IT Desktop Support Specialist
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2016
I am proud to inform people that I participate in an organization that was and is capable to encourage, inspire and evolve the success and career paths of thousands of individuals in the south Florida area.
Pros
Diverse. Understanding, learning and adapting to this work environment environment can be stressfull.
Cons
Actual working full-time schedule can sometimes dwell outside of a normal 8 hour work day.
Account Manager
Senior Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
good for recent college grads to build off a platform and add on to their resume in sales. Recommended for those looking to explore better pay and more hours with more accountability
Horrible work place
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2016
I never worked for a school with the level of disorganization. Admissions are trained to sell the student no matter what. They accept students who are no ready for college, they cant read, they cant write but city college doesnt care as long as they get to collect. Upper management is ridiculous, HR does nothing.
Pros
Helping others in a way
Cons
Everything above, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Training
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  1231 North Broad St. 19110October 13, 2016
While attending City College the school affords myself the opportunity to work allowing me to put the theory and the practical together.

I enjoy working at the college and learning new information daily. I have a great training instructor so it makes learning exciting.
Friendly Environment
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Update to date on the status of students in the engineering department. Communications with advisors and staff on guide lines that students have to follow.
Productive and a fun place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2016
Beautiful campus I enjoyed working at City College with staff and co-workers. Training was excellent everyday a learning day.
Administratively driven
Campus Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Every assignment is for what is needed even outside of job title responsibilities. Small occurrences have big consequences such as suspensions and lose of annual time. College environment is very diverse and all departments work together.
Cons
short breaks, long extended hours
Review
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 20, 2016
Focus on career placement and development of students but not staff. Culture could be improved by top management. Average benefits.
It's a great environment to learn from each other at the time that you are working to help other students
Peer Tutor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
I work with college students to help them understand the course material in order to succeed in the class. A day at the student lounge is a fun working environment because we work as a team and help each other to do our best in giving the students a better understanding of applied statistics. The team is great, everybody looks after each other, therefore, great people to work with. We all volunteer so we do not get payed, but it is a great work experience.
Pros
More Knowledge
Cons
No pay.
Work Study Position
Financial Aid Assistant/ Work Study (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
I love the work I do at City College. I would like to stay and work here longer, but I am a work study student and I am only allowed to work 20 hours a week with minimum wage pay. A typical day at work would be coming in going to the file room, filing any files that have been placed in box by the director of financial aid. Then I would scanned files that needed to be scan to student records. Mail letters and also put schedules in alphabetical order.
Pros
you get alot of work experience in an office setting
Cons
the pay is not what I want to make the rest of my life