City College Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place to Work
Enrollment Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2015
While there I worked with wonderful people and found it to be a very enjoyable work environment. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in working for them.
Horrible no stability or security... excuse my typos...heed the warning
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Kendall, Miami, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: there is no pro Im warning you dont be fooled
Cons: no job security in admissions
I would not recommend anyone work in the Admissions dept. 100% sales. No stability. The salary is used to lure canidates but don't be tempted you will be fearful of losing your job and reminded by management daily from the day of hire that the job has high turnover.
productive and fun workplace
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), New York, NyJune 30, 2015
A great place to develop leadership skills while being a student and employee. Great culture, diverse environment, rich student life. Very rewarding to be a student and employee. would recommend it to anyone.
Realized why their own students called it a "funny" name!
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Interaction with students, helping people to get an education, although not too legit
Cons: Despotic and unprofessional higher management, your job is always in jeopardy
Peers were great and true team, management side was horrible...higher managerial bosses were despotic and lack of any tact whatsoever. Boasted of big names and tittles in the past, ran the show with nothing but intimidation. Students were paying top dollars and getting into huge students loans to attend classes in a substandard facility! Horrible experience, think twice about joining these clowns. There's better educational institutions around, do your research.
place to workVery Poor t
Admission (Former Employee), Miami FLJune 22, 2015
Very Stress full environment. Your average day consist of a manager always demanding and bringing down the moral of the department and making threats about your job.
Overall great experience working here
Receptionist (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Staff, Environment
Cons: Not much room for advancement
Hollywood campus offers something many other organizations don't, a true team environment and family. Supportive and carrying staff. Like anywhere is, you are held accountable to do your job. Great Pay, Supportive staff, friendly environment.
NA
Staff, Athletic Department (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
I learned that no matter what happened at the work place to always keep your dignity. People may not do the right thing but to always keep your head up
Nice culture
English and Composition Instructor (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 2, 2015
Positive environment with a lot of support for the faculty. It is a good place to teach and be face to face with students. Well organized.
Being a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
Wait for the student to come and answer their question about math.
The tough part of the job is the patience that to explain the concept to students who is still confused.
To practise my verbal english which makes me feel satisfied because I am improving myself.
Nursing Instructor
Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: The work environment
Cons: none
The Instructors at the college are very caring for their students. The job is very rewarding. Nice place to work. I enjoyed my experience with the students.
okay
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 20, 2015
City College is an okay place to work. It is a great place to start out as it will likely be one of, if not the, hardest admissions jobs you will ever have.
Nice Facilities and friendly environment
Adjunct Professor of Sociology (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: am only a per-course instructor so i have no job security
I enjoy working at City College and have done so periodically for about 8 years. I really wish they would offer me a full time position so that I can more fully dedicate my time and energy to developing a more thorough General Education program. The facility is very nice and is furnished with the latest in WiFi, projectors, laptops, and healthy allotment of computers in the library, etc. The campus is very clean and both the staff and students are very friendly. The students themselves are not there to learn sociology (which I teach) and are only doing so because they are required to. Having said that, some of them seem to flourish and their backgrounds offer interesting perspectives to the discussions we have in class.
Fun workplace
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch is always great
Cons: not enough time
I have learned how to calendar, how to analyze cases, how to e-file, how to work in an environment that is fast-paced, and enjoy learning more each day.
College Allied Healthcare Professor
Faculty/College Professor (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 25, 2014
Instruct undergraduate classes as assigned in Allied Health/Healthcare Administration Service programs. Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation agency.
Maintain an effective teaching assignment and schedule for every course.
Provide additional academic support to all students; tutorials and workshops as necessary.
Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation ceremonies, and other functions as directed.
Provide additional support to the Dean of Education and Program Chair of the Allied Health program development and textbook reviews.
Provide assistance to the Dean of Education and Program Chair of Allied Health Department in implementation and oversee the retention of students within the Allied Health program, while meeting retention rate in accordance with ACICS guidelines.
Participate on various committees that will enhance the learning experience for all students.
good coworkers
Program Chair, Surgical Technology Department (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Good coworkers with a desire to see students succeed.
There is nothing bad I can say about the school only left because of relocation.
Excellent Place to Work
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 15, 2014
It was temporary position, I enjoyed working with the student. I would would help student create a resume, help with job placement, filing fax, call companies to see if they were hiring for students. Assistant with graducation and all paper work dealing with graducation
Easy to handle job
Office Asistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: i was on campus
Cons: the pay rate
This job was within my school. I was working, and when class was starting I was allowed to go to class and come back to my work desk after it ended. My manager was very relatable and we had great communication. There was no hard parts of the job.

A typical day at work consisted of greeting students and faculty as they entered the office, organize meetings in the conference rooms, restock supplies, count supplies and keep record of inventory, sort mail, fax and make copies, and deliver important paperwork to faculty.
A great place to work
Affirmative Action Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
The work I do is very rewarding and my supervisor and the staff are great!!!!
no supervision no one to answer to
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: no one to answer questions
while working there our supervisor would show up once a week and was never around when needed
resume attached
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2014
• Collaborate with Admissions in recruiting process; collection of medical and background documents
• Assist students with course scheduling and provide guidance in their academic development
• Request Purchase orders for ordering supplies as authorized by management, monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary.
• Assist on assembling information to for external auditors for the annual audit.
• Assist with payroll process in a timely manner.