City College Employee Reviews

IT Desktop Support Specialist
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2016
I am proud to inform people that I participate in an organization that was and is capable to encourage, inspire and evolve the success and career paths of thousands of individuals in the south Florida area.
Pros
Diverse. Understanding, learning and adapting to this work environment environment can be stressfull.
Cons
Actual working full-time schedule can sometimes dwell outside of a normal 8 hour work day.
Horrible work place
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2016
I never worked for a school with the level of disorganization. Admissions are trained to sell the student no matter what. They accept students who are no ready for college, they cant read, they cant write but city college doesnt care as long as they get to collect. Upper management is ridiculous, HR does nothing.
Pros
Helping others in a way
Cons
Everything above, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Training
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  1231 North Broad St. 19110October 13, 2016
While attending City College the school affords myself the opportunity to work allowing me to put the theory and the practical together.

I enjoy working at the college and learning new information daily. I have a great training instructor so it makes learning exciting.
Friendly Environment
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Update to date on the status of students in the engineering department. Communications with advisors and staff on guide lines that students have to follow.
Productive and a fun place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2016
Beautiful campus I enjoyed working at City College with staff and co-workers. Training was excellent everyday a learning day.
Administratively driven
Campus Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Every assignment is for what is needed even outside of job title responsibilities. Small occurrences have big consequences such as suspensions and lose of annual time. College environment is very diverse and all departments work together.
Cons
short breaks, long extended hours
Review
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 20, 2016
Focus on career placement and development of students but not staff. Culture could be improved by top management. Average benefits.
It's a great environment to learn from each other at the time that you are working to help other students
Peer Tutor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
I work with college students to help them understand the course material in order to succeed in the class. A day at the student lounge is a fun working environment because we work as a team and help each other to do our best in giving the students a better understanding of applied statistics. The team is great, everybody looks after each other, therefore, great people to work with. We all volunteer so we do not get payed, but it is a great work experience.
Pros
More Knowledge
Cons
No pay.
Work Study Position
Financial Aid Assistant/ Work Study (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
I love the work I do at City College. I would like to stay and work here longer, but I am a work study student and I am only allowed to work 20 hours a week with minimum wage pay. A typical day at work would be coming in going to the file room, filing any files that have been placed in box by the director of financial aid. Then I would scanned files that needed to be scan to student records. Mail letters and also put schedules in alphabetical order.
Pros
you get alot of work experience in an office setting
Cons
the pay is not what I want to make the rest of my life
Productive, simple job, engaging
IT Lab ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
It was a good experience working as an IT Lab Assistant. The lunch break were fair enough. I was able to engage with co-workers and students by helping them on their computers and printers.
Nice place to work
Program Chair/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 9, 2016
Good place to work. Campus is very clean and updated, good coworkers . Some new changes which should make campus work more efficiency
not a great place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 22, 2016
I would not recommend this City College to anyone, City College does not care about the employees, they are unable to keep workers at the school. so much work and only two financial advisors.
College
research assistant psychology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I loved working for my college, and the environment was awesome. I worked as an assistant lab supervisor, helping students with their work, and computer programs issues. I also worked as teaching assistant, teaching introductory psychology courses, and assisting in different research studies.
Pros
flexible work hours
Place With opportunities
Live Sound Reinforcement Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2016
pleasant place, everyday is a new experience. People are friendly. the hardest part is when there is no game plan, and everything happens on the run. The most enjoyable part of the job is when people come and say thank you"..then I know the job was done right...
Nice place to work
Adjunct Nursing/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 31, 2015
great place to work, department chair very involved with instructors and student learning, comfortable, supportive, instructor cohesiveness, and fun environment, and a lot of instructor development
Pros
cohesion
Cons
sometimes a lot of work
Productive and easy going
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2015
In the School of Education, the environment is an easy going and safe place to be. A typical day can be processing contracts or setting up a meeting for other faculty members. The busiest days will be payroll week or a big staff meeting. My fellow coworkers are very friendly and are very approachable.
Pros
Holiday parties, friendly staff
Great College to work at
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
I was able to teach graduate students reading and writing strategies to bring into their classrooms. I received wonderful feedback from all of my students and from my boss.
Misleading prospective students
Teaching Associate for Paralegal Program (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 18, 2015
The "college" accepted students who could receive expensive college loans without regard to qualified students who could read and write at the college level and thus receive jobs at prospective employers. My opinion was that no law firm would hire any student who did not present a minimum level of reading and writing skills.
Pros
easy to receive loans
Cons
low prospect of being gainfully employed
management
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 11, 2015
This company has changed management several times. Unstable working environment. I would not recommend working here.
Had fun working with children
Pre-K/Kindergarten Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
It was really a pleasure working at City College. After 17 years it could not be any better, I would still be there if it were not for the closure of the children center . Having the privilege to work, and interact with different ethnic background allow me to have a different perception of the world. Those children were so amazing, and their parents help me understand better their way of acting, and interacting. I tremendously cherished those 17 years, and I would not change anything of that learning experience.
Pros
Interacting with different nationalities.
Cons
Some parents don't appreciate the sacrifice of a educator.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City College. Our community is ready to answer.