City Colleges of Chicago Employee Reviews

The best experience ever
Trustee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: being hands on when it came to what the students needed
Cons: none
The experience I received from working on the board was the greatest. I was hands on & vocal when it came to what was best for the students at City Colleges of Chicago.
Educationg and fun experience
Student Academic Services Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Earned while I learned
Cons: part-time no benefits
Meeting with students and assisting them with their educational process in the subject of Economics. Generating a report on how the tutoring went on a per student basis.
Not Too Bad
NOTE TAKER/TUTOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I would recommend this company for people who work well under pressure. Friendly environment, great management, diverse, and long hours.
Great work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 31, 2015
The work environment in this office was the best that I have ever experienced. All faculty members are friendly and courteous of one another. The work load was challenging but always accomplish able by the deadline.
I like it here
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2015
I really like the people I work for. It is a very interesting place to work with a lot of dynamic personalities of students and staff. It is very lively and refreshing. Teaching is a lot of work when you have another full time job.
City Colleges
Director of Business (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2015
Pros: Learned and a Lot
Cons: facilatating things may take longer
Great experience learned a lot about non for profit based organizations and how they can greatly influence individuals as well as other organizations
Company review
Project Director -Goldman Sachs (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: classes on saturdays- and some evenings.
Oversee the day - to - day operations for the program. Budget management, reconcile weekly/monthly expenses, conduct outreach, event planning/walkthrough and manage scholars profiles. The hardest part of the job was time management and balance between activities. I really enjoyed working with business owners who are in the program looking to prepare for growth and expansion.
Good job
Instructor - "Religion 102- Old Testament" (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 2, 2015
I like the environment and the students, however the compensation is very poor. If you love teaching and do not require a large salary, this is a good fit.
great people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: order food on fridays
Cons: short breaks no good food
great people to work with
management was just there at best
no advancement in management
been there 16 years
great equipment to work with
my work experience at Wilbur Wright College Library
Librarian's Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: having a flexible work schedule
Cons: there are no cons
I never had any problems with my manager or any of my co-works. I have been exposed to different kinds of customers; ranging from the most difficult to the most compliant customers. I learned how to accurately answer phone calls, effectively work with reserved books & reading shelves. I helped students look for book(s). Also I helped them with the printer and copy machines.
Productive Work Place
College Bursar Assistant III (Current Employee), Olive Harvey CollegeFebruary 11, 2015
Productive Work Place. I have been here for 8 years and it is a place you can grow within your profession. You can also take classes for free for your professional development.
Good
Online Instructor (Current Employee), chicagoDecember 28, 2014
Good co-workers and supervisors. Very enjoyable work place. A very good environmental condition. It is a good school to teach physics and mathematics in Chicago area. You can find various teaching opportunities if you are interested in.
I really enjoy my work place because not only am I getting hands on training but my coworkers are awesome as well.
Biology Assistant Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at my workplace can be a little stressful but also enjoyable at the same time. I`m getting hands on training in the field I`m obtaining a degree in. My coworkers are awesome! The hardest part about my job is dealing with stillborn babies. Last but not least the things I enjoy most about my job is that I`m getting hands on training, that's an great asset towards my career.
Untitled
Tutor (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 1, 2014
I worked with a lot of students (the most of any with my position) but wasn't acknowledged at all. I learned that in spite of the environment that I had to remain professional. Management was favorable to some but not to others. There were times in which the area of advancement was mentioned, but I was not considered for the position though I was the most qualified.

My co-workers were the best! I'm still in touch with some of them, well, on social media anyway. The job wasn't really that difficult, though it was very enjoyable. I enjoyed helping the students and the relationships I established with my co-workers.
Fun workplace
Lab Technician & Office Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: learning so many different things.
Cons: it was only part-time & was through work-study.
A typical day at work would be setting up classrooms for experiments, data entry, answering phones & taking orders, & doing presentations in front of classes. I learned that even though your work may not be in the field that you actually want to work in you can learn a lot & really enjoy it. Management was very patient & understanding. My co-workers were very understanding & helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning about all of the different chemicals. My most enjoyable part of the job was doing presentations in front of the classes.
fun place to work in the right perspective
PT Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: not bad pay, internal promotions, friendly law enforcement brothers and sisters
Cons: no healthcare, no campus specific training
Fun place to work, most guys and girls are off duty PD elsewhere, so the job culture can be more laid back. Most incidents can be easily deescalated by treating students or outsiders with respect. For pt this is the best campus security/police job. Most staff and faculty are friendly, they like seeing you at your posts but they also like seeing you walk around. Biggest thing with this job its hard to get into but once you're in its a union, pretty decent flexibility with scheduling for your ft job, and retirement benefits. Being fair but firm wins on a typical shift if problems arise but things can become routine if you don't interact with campus community.
Always learning something new.
Project Clerical Tech. (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good learning environment!
Cons: good health care! try to get in as career service not grant money.
Answering phones, setting up trainings, scheduling trainings, accounts payable, ordering material, assembling material for training, update data base, mailing invitations for training, updating policy manual. Mailing certificates/policy update to trainers, setting up meetings, helping to prepare grants, collecting/auditing payroll cards for staff. Our team worked well together and we help to coordinate conferences, meet a lot of different people from all walks of life.

We had the best Directors in the world! They would teach you how to do things to benefit you as an individual, allow you to learn other skills as you worked. We the staff would teach each other thing we learned. Our leaders would roll up their sleeve and help us assemble manuals, etc. This is what made them great leaders because, they were not concerned about helping the clerks and getting their hands dirty. For this I say: THANK YOU!

Hard part was to see your team members leave. Even though you know it is for their growth. It's still hard.
Very fast paced environment never a dull moment.
Enrollment Specialist/Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2014
Enjoyed this position very much allowed me to acquire skills which will help me develop as a professional in the higher education industry.
I enjoyed working with children
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
The staff were friendly and overall a great place to work, There hours are from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. There is room to grow in this company.
Fast paced, very busy place to work with a lot of job responsibilities.
Project Clerk/Case manager-Dept. of Labor Grant (Former Employee), Noerth west side of Chicago, IlJuly 16, 2014
Pros: close to home, decent salary, good retirement benefits.
Cons: was only a temporary position due to it being a grant funded position.
Fast paced, educational environment. Wonderful people to work with. Nice students and faculty.