City Colleges of Chicago Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable workplace
Financial Aid Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Daily face to face interactions with student/parents to finalize the financial aid award letter for the school year. I've learned that you must be very organized in this industry to be successful and accurate. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I went over and beyond to ensure a smooth transition for all student's into the upcoming academic year.
Interesting and Heavy Computer Usage
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
Assisted with installation of software and hardware
Troubleshoot equipment problems and issues
Performed diagnostic and maintenance on computers and peripherals

Maintained strict student, faculty and staff confidential records
Assisted administering exams (internal and external)
Completed assignments using MSOffice Suite
Handled multifaceted office tasks (data entry, file management, distributing instructor resources, customer services).

Communicated effectively with multiple departments.
Distributed of essential documents and/or packages
Established relationships between department, students, and community to successfully achieve results.
I actually enjoyed being an intern
IT/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
I enjoy IT work but this team didn't feel like a team team member seemed competent in the IT department of the college I attend. With that being said they were often not cohesive on all fronts. A lot of emotions were the reason for decisions; because they were more like a family than coworkers.

I was engrossed in the study and duties of an intern of the African-American Studies department. My hours were extremely flexible and I was allowed to be a student as a priority first. I made posters and fliers, filmed debates and lectures. Made copies, too; like a true intern.
Pros
IT work, learned new skills/ Networked with professors and other students, made art
Cons
hours too rigid/ Not enough hours
Good management, poor pay
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
My work was straightforward and duties clear, I improved my organizational skills and understanding of Biology while employed in Wright College's lab. My supervisor and the department chair treated me well and their advice helpful. Co-workers were good people around my age. Hardest part of work was balancing time their with my college classes.
The company lacks organization and hiring internal candidates.
English and reading Professor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
The company needs to recognize internal candidates. The qualified internal candidates should have precedence over external candidates.
Pros
Free courses for employees and their children.
Cons
Unpaid breaks between semesters.
A great place to work
Malcolm X Work Study student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
This hospital is an affiliate of Stroger Hospital here in Chicago. Smaller than Stroger and located on the south side. The staff is awesome when it comes to applying your class and lab skills to real life.
wouldn't want to go back
Staff Assistant /Accounting (Former Employee) –  226 west JacksonMarch 4, 2016
This job had a lot of good points to it, because I liked who I worked with but it is an at will position and they can get rid of you for no reason. I learned a lot of customer service skills here, I don't want to go back.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
rule changes for different people
Work Environment
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2016
Working environment is repetitious with no room for growth. Department should be allowed to interact more with each other.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough team meeting for improvement
Lovely students
Spring/Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2016
The students are ready to learn. The management is well organized. I enjoy their prompt response to every situation. I learn as I teach everyday.
A very Challenging, fun and productive work place.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
Excellent place to work for and most important I learn a lot of skills. My Colleagues were the best, if you need help with something all you do is ask, and the upper managements were the same, they also push you to continue their education.
Pros
Nice clean place, companny party.
fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
nice company to work for. Very laid back. low stress and everybody is friendly. It can get exhausting working there sometimes but it is worth it. The pay is not bad at all.
City Colleges of Chicago will give a work study student an opportunity for employment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
Working with City Colleges of Chicago provided me with a job that I enjoyed, which made me a productive employee in regards to attendance and morale.

One day was as different as the next. I could be working with a student one day on financial matters or preparing a report for budget analysis the next.

When I first started the job I was unaware of all the rules related to the program, but time and perseverance and I adapted very well. My supervisor was very supportive and when needed my co-workers would offer assistance.

I enjoyed making sure that everything ran smoothly and the most rewarding was when a class completed and the student graduation ceremony.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Limited vacation time
Work place was fun at times but sometime a very difficult place to work.
Sr College Phone Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at CCC was talking to 100 to 150 students in need of assistance with getting accumulated to college life. Management was fair at times but made the job difficult by not treating the staff as adults and more like children.
Pros
Assisting students makes the job worth working.
Cons
Management not being fair to all staff and not just the chosen ones
Something different everyday.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
Good jobs and good benefits. There is much opportunity here, but you have to live or relocate within the city limits of Chicago.
Not all about the numbers , but how you personally grow and develop
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management.The office started to get crowded as the company grew.Enjoy working with my colleagues and learning from them.
A lot of room to grow and flexible schedules
Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
Good management and a lot of room to grow. Enjoyable workplace. Good co-workers and flexible time schedules. Celebrates most of the holidays with pay.
Cons
Minimal salary raise.
Good environment to work with students
CNA Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
It is a good place to be if you have a desire to aid in community development and growth. It can be stressful if you have students that are not serious about education.
Pros
Community involvement
Educationg and fun experience
Student Academic Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2015
Meeting with students and assisting them with their educational process in the subject of Economics. Generating a report on how the tutoring went on a per student basis.
Pros
Earned while I learned
Cons
part-time no benefits
Great place to work.
Athletic Academic College Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2015
City Colleges of Chicago is a Great place to work. Each day is different, so, you won't get bored in this place. You will like it here if you get hired.
The best experience ever
Trustee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
The experience I received from working on the board was the greatest. I was hands on & vocal when it came to what was best for the students at City Colleges of Chicago.
Pros
being hands on when it came to what the students needed

City Colleges of Chicago Reviews by Location