City Colleges of Chicago Employee Reviews

City Colleges of Chicago
Director of Security and Safety (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
I am currently working at a City College of Chicago. Presently this is a great environment. Co-workers are friendly and the environment is beautiful. The best part is interacting with the students.
Pros
working with students
Cons
working without a contract
Happy place to work
College Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
You can come to work, Meet happy and nice people. Mostly people are working and comfortable. If you are looking to advance in your career this is not the place. This Is a great place to plant your family and stay until retirement.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
No advancement
Great
Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2017
This job was great while it lasted. it offered me the opportunity to further my knowledge and education on electronic equipment that I didn't know. t
Pros
Experience
Cons
time comsuming took away from studying time
Adjunct professionals and Instructors devoted to their pupils and their profession
Adjunct Faculty of English & Adult Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Very large class sizes and wide variety of linguistic and scholarly skills among mostly adult students make this a challenging workplace, but fellow teachers are nice and supportive. Chances to attend professional enhancement workshops.
Pros
Helping students and participating in workshops
Cons
Independent contractor status
I find it gratifying to provide service to students and staff at my job
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
I am very happy with my job and I wish I could be a full time employee. The only thing stopping me is budget cuts. I want to keep participating in the field of information technology but I also feel I have much more to offer with my skill set. It comes very natural to me to exercise my creativity and would like to explore the possibilities of accomplishing more with them.
Pros
I get to do research on any variety of topics online.
Cons
This is a part time job.
Educational Setting
Adult Education Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Work with a variety of students. Friendly staff and supportive management. Nice workplace culture. In the part-time position hours are based on your availability.
hardworking and educational
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
working as a teacher assistant i would require to place work tools and safety equipment for the students for the assigntask that is required grading school assignments for test that were assigned.
N/a
Associate Director of Labor and Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
The City Colleges of Chicago, is one of the nation's largest community college districts and the largest in Illinois. CCC employs over 5000 faculty and staff with student enrollment exceeding 100,000.
Productive and friendly
Offiice assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
It was a relaxed but very productive workplace. Serving as host for some of the executive parties were always fun. My fellow employees were all very resourceful in areas where I needed help.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very quiet environment
Education
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
Challenging, and rewarding work place and environment.
Provides opportunities for growth and development professionally.
Paid reasonably well, good benefits
Challenging place to work
College Clerical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Constant changes in policy and procedures. Rewarding when students receive their degree. I am currently overworked and under paid because there is not enough staff to accomplish everyday task. I do enjoy being a part of the students road to success.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
over worked and under paid
A place where your teaching is meaningful because you are helping a population of students who, in its majority, are not socially privileged
/Spanish teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Teaching is a pleasure and a mission. In the case of the City College you are also working to help the students to be socially productive and able to go up the education ladder.

It is most rewarding when you see the students doing efforts, working hard, to accompany the pace of the class.
Pros
Excellent locations and venues
Cons
Insecurity when you are a part time teacher.
Great Benefits
Executive Office Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Affordable employee benefits. Room for growth. Dynamic group of people working in IT. Awesome company to gain experience, internships available.
Great place and great people.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
Multicultural working place, great people. Managers are great listeners, helpful, Union is very good. Incredible facilities.
Pros
Nice workling environment
Cons
the security team are horrible people.
Not Bad
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2016
A great place to work if you are able to get in the system.. Must enjoy working with students of color. Must be able to work with everyone. Co workers are friendly within the departments and there is some parental involvement in this district.
fair
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2016
Fair ok company to work for. Good benefits .. atmosphere is nice and busy. .. down to earth feel from co workers. Management isn't the best
Workplace
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2016
The typical day at work is very fun and a fast paced environment. Working with the City Colleges of Chicago Ive learned a great deal of customer service and how to remain calm in a edgy environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Decent job security
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2016
Decent benefits for full time work but has a residency requirement for part time workers very few benefits but there is no residency restrictions. Overall not a bad place to work
Fun
Event Planning and Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2016
You get to help make the students life easier and make sure that they are having a great college experience. You assist in planning for them events that shape their experience.
Fun Place to be where work did seem like work
Clerical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2016
I had a great experience at this job. I enjoyed helping students and working with others. I met a lot of great people who i still keep in contact with till this day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Colleges of Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

City Colleges of Chicago Reviews by Location