City Furniture

City Furniture Employee Reviews

Fun and stress free work environment
Product Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Team environment, stress free
Cons: Work Weekends and Holidays, not a stable pay check
City Furniture is a great place to get your career started especially if you are a recent graduate. Its team is filled with energetic and positive team members who are supportive and knowledgeable.
Not A Bad Place To Work
Senior Service Techician (Current Employee), Tamarac FL.April 2, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Could be Semi Transparent at times
This Company like many others is Growing,, there are many noticeable changes since joining which includes better compensation packages and options to speak 1 on 1 with Management about concerns. A Number of Bonus programs which include On time, Safety and Referral. Family owned company and CEO and Son are kindhearted gentlemen who really wish well for employees (My Opinion) Coworkers can be very challenging to work with at times but all in all the job gets done at the end of the day. The Culture is very diverse which is very beneficial when dealing with some customers that only speak 1 language eg; Creole or Spanish. I am a Cogent thinker so I know that a lot of employee requests simply cannot be met on time mainly due to the amount of people on staff. The opportunity for growth flows through the company as well but I must say however there is still a lot of room for improvement when dealing with staff concerns. The most enjoyable part of this job is taking the daily drive to different parts of Florida and meeting different characters including the ones seated right next to you. I actually recommended a few family members to work at this company.
Hard work, well organized, great staff
Distribution Center Technician (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 27, 2015
You're able to increase your pay (raise) by your performance. The work is physical and at times challenging but well structure and practically executed. The pace is fast and constant, staff is all around and welcome the opportunity to help solve difficult obstacles as a team.
just a job
merchandise coordinator (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 3, 2015
a basic 8 hour job pretty easy going. Worked four days out the week 10 hour shifts pretty cool. Basically it paid the bills.
Good Values
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: bonuses, friendly environment, benefits
Cons: very political, not enough compensation, hard to balance with life.
This is a great company to work in. It is not perfect, however, it is managed by great people who are very respectful and maintain family values.
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wellington, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Every day there was fun to be there. The staff was amazing. I liked being there every day. It was a company I didn't say to myself oh great I'm going to work again.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Tamarac, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Deliver and install furniture in customers’ homes in a friendly, professional manner. Fast pace atmosphere. Co-worker are easy to get along with. I learned customer service skills. Hardest part of the job is not having consistent hours. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Very great workplace.
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLNovember 3, 2014
I loved working here. The management was not overbearing on me, my coworkers and I relationships were awesome. Their all so friendly and positive. Hardest part of my job was nothing! Everything was easy and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and making them leave with a smile on their face.
typical sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), wellington flSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: co workers were nice
Cons: its hard selling furniture
help customers with furniture needs, staff was easy to get along with. management was nice
Not your average Customer Service Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the dept director, supervisors, managers and team-leaders are all within same area and are always willing to help, if needed.
Cons: you will have to work weekends and majority of the holidays.
The CSR position at City Furniture allows to work both individually and alone. It takes a lot of patience to deal will the demands of the customers. Being a CSR with this company means you have to multi-task at all times and pay attention to detail on every account. There are plenty opportunities for advancement if you desire to stay long term.
Administrative postion and sales oriented
Product Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2014
At City Furniture we strive to deliver the optimal furniture buying experience for our guests. As a City Furniture employee I learned the importance of superior customer service that leads to repeat customers. The hardest part of the job would have to be during the down time waiting for your next opportunity, but it can be a positive due to the fact you can take advantage of the time to follow up with customers as well as prospect new customers.
Fun working with co-workers...
Service Tech / Driver (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work can be very stressful sometimes. I have learned how to use proper lifting techniques when carrying furniture's. Co-workers are easy to get along with and enjoy working with them. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. Enjoyable part of the job is the customers, the smiles and happiness you put on there faces.
Great Place to work if you love sales!
Management Trainee/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: monthly sales goal
This was my first job out of college. It was easy for me since I am very personable anyway, however, the pressure of having a sales goal to be met...

The hardest part was not having any weekends off.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2014
I learned a lot about furniture and helping customers with the choices and what they need help with I was glad to help with
Fun and family oriented environment
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Tamarac,FLApril 22, 2014
Love the culture of the company, the values, the passion displayed by everyone.
Fun place to work, but long hours
Showroom Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 1, 2014
Pros: competitive atmosphere, good incentives
Cons: long hours, retail schedule, sometimes very slow business
In sales, you work a lot of hours. Compensation is based on your sales commission. As you advance, you can make a % of the store's production, but you still have personal sales goals. The company makes things fun with competitions, trips, and bonuses for good performance. The hours vary - you have to work every weekend to be able to make your numbers. You're usually guaranteed two days off in the week, but if you fall behind with your numbers, you pretty much have to come in on days off to make it up. It's not mandatory, but necessary because there are only so many days in a month.
great job
Operations Manager (Former Employee), miami flFebruary 25, 2014
awesome job nice furniture and good delivery service same day
Comcast was like my second home, fun and friendly environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly environment, good benefits, great earning potentials
Cons: long work hours, slow advancement, micromanaging, stress environment at times
Comcast is structured to help promote employee success by giving everyone the necessary tools that are needed to perform daily tasks. Constant on the job training. Strict system set in place to keep order at the workplace. You normally however are typically recommended to work a great deal of hours well pass the average 40 hours per week in order to meet and pass monthly company set goals.
Elegant Showroom
Barista/Showroom Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Happy place to work, management is reliable and co-workers are excellent.
fun workplace
IT Technical Support Technician/Helpdesk Support (Former Employee), Tamarac, FloridaJanuary 30, 2014
Family oriented company.
fun place to work.
Flexibility
great teamwork

About City Furniture

Since 1971, our vision to become the Ultimate Furniture Store has been realized through our mission of providing customers excellent – Read more