City Furniture

City Furniture Employee Reviews

A day as a Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 22, 2013
A typical day at City Furniture starts with myself or one of my fellow managers opening the showroom. The opening procedures include preparing a morning meeting to go over any new sales as well as the current monthly pace of the showroom and of each associate. After having the morning meeting I follow up to make sure the showroom duties have been completed and we are ready to open the doors. I then if I haven't already check my emails and corporate information to see if I have any new tags to put out or materials to order. Once the morning routine is completed the remainder of the day runs like clockwork. I greet and help my share of customers, while remaining available to assist my sales team with anything they may need. I am very fortunate to work with a great group of people that work well togther. My team is what makes my showroom an enjoyable place to not only work but an enjoyable place to shop for the customer as well. The hardest part of the job is managing the downtime. The showroom has busy days and slow days, keeping the energy level and attentiveness high is the most difficult thing I encounter as a manager. I do my best to lead by example and us that downtime to do other tasks and help the associates do the same. I enjoy the diverse customer interaction, I enjoy resolving customer issues that have a positive result for both the customer and the company, but what I enjoy most
about my current position is the training of new employees. My showroom is a training showroom, meaning, managers in training will train at my showroom and when ready to be promoted will leave
  more... us to manage a showroom somewhere else within the company. I have assisted in the promotion of three associates in eight months and currently have three MIT's in training.  less
Pros
positive and caring work environment
Cons
compensation
Not A Bad Place To Work
Senior Service Techician (Current Employee) –  Tamarac FL.April 2, 2015
This Company like many others is Growing,, there are many noticeable changes since joining which includes better compensation packages and options to speak 1 on 1 with Management about concerns. A Number of Bonus programs which include On time, Safety and Referral. Family owned company and CEO and Son are kindhearted gentlemen who really wish well for employees (My Opinion) Coworkers can be very challenging to work with at times but all in all the job gets done at the end of the day. The Culture is very diverse which is very beneficial when dealing with some customers that only speak 1 language eg; Creole or Spanish. I am a Cogent thinker so I know that a lot of employee requests simply cannot be met on time mainly due to the amount of people on staff. The opportunity for growth flows through the company as well but I must say however there is still a lot of room for improvement when dealing with staff concerns. The most enjoyable part of this job is taking the daily drive to different parts of Florida and meeting different characters including the ones seated right next to you. I actually recommended a few family members to work at this company.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Could be Semi Transparent at times
Great Place to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 24, 2012
Get to work, sign in to my computer, and begin observing agents on the call center floor. if that was not first on my agenda,, I would make myself available to receive escalated calls.
Read my emails, and reply.
Carryout daily coaching and development sessions with agents assigned to my team. Do yearly assessment to determine raises.

This company by far was one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for, they valued each and every employee, is what it felt like.
I learned what it felt like to work with a close net happy, helpful group of people, up to the employees in the cafeteria!

Management was very helpful, they were interested in what was going on in personal and professional life, and would help with both.

I love my ex co-workers, we were like a family.

The hardest part of my job, was calling customers that were so anxious to get their delivery, that they would not, or that the item the just purchased was out of stock.

The most enjoyable part of my job was just being rewarded for doing it. The company had a lot of fun family days and parties for their employees.
Pros
lots of discounts to various buisnesses, discount on furniture, even on cars.
Cons
i have none
City Furniture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLJune 26, 2015
I would greet customers at the door, find out what their needs where. I would escort them around the showroom showing then and discussing how these furniture items would best fit their style and budget. Management was awesome always encouraging you to exceed your sales goal. They had many competition where I won second place which was $ 8000,00 in new furniture and a night at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Miami Beach. The hardest part of the job was when furniture got delivery damaged or broken. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling the satisfaction of making sure every customer was happy with the purchases they made fit their home and their life style. All of my co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Get working environment, Great Management and great Co-workers
Cons
Out of stock items, or when items were delivered damaged
Productive no fun stressful work place
Inventory Driver (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 22, 2013
A typical work day would be after the selectors select the products (furniture) over night we would come in the morning and load them on the trucks bound for the different stores for they show room and for customers to be picked up. What i learned is how to assemble some of the many different furniture. Management there was a lot of micro managers that just constantly pushing. Co-workers has for a few they were all hard workers. The hardest part of the job were the heavy furniture to lift in and out of the truck. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day was over
Pros
every year on our birthday we would get a card from the ceo and movie tickets
Cons
half an hour break terrible health care high co-pay high deductible
Fun place to work, but long hours
Showroom Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 1, 2014
In sales, you work a lot of hours. Compensation is based on your sales commission. As you advance, you can make a % of the store's production, but you still have personal sales goals. The company makes things fun with competitions, trips, and bonuses for good performance. The hours vary - you have to work every weekend to be able to make your numbers. You're usually guaranteed two days off in the week, but if you fall behind with your numbers, you pretty much have to come in on days off to make it up. It's not mandatory, but necessary because there are only so many days in a month.
Pros
competitive atmosphere, good incentives
Cons
long hours, retail schedule, sometimes very slow business
Most of the people are a pleasure to work with
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work consist of being aware when is your turn to take a costumer.
Follow up with existing costumers about their product being delivered or in backorder.
Follow up with costumers over the phone about specials promotions and inviting them back in the store.
Keep up with after sell follow up, LMS.
My co-workers are the best. Is my second home.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to enjoy what you do and have a safe work environment.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to control your salary. You never know how much you are going to get paid
Pros
A lot of free time when you don't have a costumer
Cons
Never know what your salary is going to be
It beats being homeless but..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FLApril 24, 2013
I worked there for almost 5 years, and I feel I wasted 5 years of my life. McDonalds would have been better! They make great promises about how you will earn big bucks.... wrong! Even the very top producer makes a mere pittance compared to other furniture stores. Micro management, favoritism, poor customer service, leaving you holding the bag with the customer... So if McDonalds has no openings....
Pros
other associates (non-managerial) good insurance, good cookies...
Cons
too many.... i could go on but i won't
Not your average Customer Service Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 16, 2014
The CSR position at City Furniture allows to work both individually and alone. It takes a lot of patience to deal will the demands of the customers. Being a CSR with this company means you have to multi-task at all times and pay attention to detail on every account. There are plenty opportunities for advancement if you desire to stay long term.
Pros
the dept director, supervisors, managers and team-leaders are all within same area and are always willing to help, if needed.
Cons
you will have to work weekends and majority of the holidays.
Comcast was like my second home, fun and friendly environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Comcast is structured to help promote employee success by giving everyone the necessary tools that are needed to perform daily tasks. Constant on the job training. Strict system set in place to keep order at the workplace. You normally however are typically recommended to work a great deal of hours well pass the average 40 hours per week in order to meet and pass monthly company set goals.
Pros
fun and friendly environment, good benefits, great earning potentials
Cons
long work hours, slow advancement, micromanaging, stress environment at times
Great coworkers
Eastside Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 28, 2015
• Stages products in accurate zones and utilizes proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages
• Examines product for damages, documents reasons for damages, notifies supervisor
• Verifies SKU-s and product information to ensure bar code accuracy and reduce inventory variances, puts away product in appropriate location
• Rewraps products
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area
• Provides total customer satisfaction through interaction with associates in all departments
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area
• Conducts on-the-job training for new associates
• Completes other duties as assigned
Always a great environment
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tamarac FloridaOctober 23, 2015
At City Furniture foot traffic for business is always great. There is never a dull moment at; you will meet and interact with different kinds of people from various backgrounds. You will learn how to help people and in so doing you help to make the world a better place,
Pros
Company has its own Wellness Center - Doctor Holy Cross Hospital
Cons
If you have young kids - you can never get a weekend off for your family.
Administrative postion and sales oriented
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2014
At City Furniture we strive to deliver the optimal furniture buying experience for our guests. As a City Furniture employee I learned the importance of superior customer service that leads to repeat customers. The hardest part of the job would have to be during the down time waiting for your next opportunity, but it can be a positive due to the fact you can take advantage of the time to follow up with customers as well as prospect new customers.
good
Yard coordinator/cdl driver/dock associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 12, 2013
well i was a valuable asset , because i did alot of jobs that saved the company money , and iam not complaining , made me feel good because i new i was not going to be kicked out the door , it was a hard demanding job that i did well at , i moved to atlanta to be closer to my brother thats why i left ,, just being honest on here
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
worked on weekends
Fun working with co-workers...
Service Tech / Driver (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work can be very stressful sometimes. I have learned how to use proper lifting techniques when carrying furniture's. Co-workers are easy to get along with and enjoy working with them. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. Enjoyable part of the job is the customers, the smiles and happiness you put on there faces.
Difficult Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 19, 2015
Scheduled an average of 45-50 hours a week (at least 9.5 hours a day) with no true lunch break, commission based and if the drivers mess up or there is a backorder and the customer cancels you lose money. No overtime pay. Nights, weekends, and holidays required. Very cut-throat with sales. Coworkers steal your customers & $ from them.
Pros
----
Cons
----
great culture, lack of room for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Really a great company overall. They treat their employees and customers very kindly. Biggest downside was no where to advance once i hit the general manger position. Also, we had to work every weekend and most holiday's, but this is expected in retail.
Pros
great benefits and culture
Cons
working every weekend and not much room for advancement
City Furniture... I gotta admit the grass is not greener on the other side
Client Service/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 28, 2013
I loved working for that company, one of the best company hands down to work for very friendly and warm enviorment the people are great from the warehouse to the customer service and even the sales people and even on a bad day. Overall a great company full of true values and honest work ethics.
Great Place to work if you love sales!
Management Trainee/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
This was my first job out of college. It was easy for me since I am very personable anyway, however, the pressure of having a sales goal to be met...

The hardest part was not having any weekends off.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
monthly sales goal
Very great workplace.
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 3, 2014
I loved working here. The management was not overbearing on me, my coworkers and I relationships were awesome. Their all so friendly and positive. Hardest part of my job was nothing! Everything was easy and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and making them leave with a smile on their face.