City Furniture Employee Reviews

You will hate it!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 25, 2016
Report to work at 6 in the morning. But make sure you are 15 minutes early because to them on time is 30 minutes late. If you are late you get written up. The pay is commission meaning you get a percentage of the value of truck. so it doesnt matter what time you finish you will recieve the same amount. Unless of course lets say a customer doesnt like a certain piece,damaged piece,salesperson mistake(wrong color, design etc) then that will get subtracted from pay. Most days the pay is like you are working minimum wage if you calculate hours with pay. Turnover rate is extremely high because of that reason.
Pros
Lots of bonuses. Weekly pay.
Cons
Long hours. No breaks. No family time.
This is a family company!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Lakes, FLOctober 18, 2016
I love working for City Furniture, this job is not for everybody, you have to enjoy selling and if you are not used to the ups and downs of the industry this is not for you, also you are going to work nights and weekends if you want to make money but that is normal on retail.
Overall excellent company, very understanding when you have problems in life, they will coach you if you need to get on track again and managers are amazing
even if you have to work nights and weekends they are very understanding
and coworkers are very helpful
I think is a fun environment!!!
i have been working on commission all my life so i am used to it
benefits
Sales oriented environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 2, 2016
They need to treat management better, separate sales and management so managers can manage and lead their team effectively. Stop the preferential treatment, you guys are losing too many great employees because of that.
Pros
Family oriented, Compensation
Cons
Limited opportunity of growth, worklife balance and sales floor is too competitive
Beware of Sales Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 18, 2016
When I started with this company my hopes were to be able to move into the corporate or production departments after spending some time as a salesman. This did not play out as I had hoped and I left the company as a salesman. During my time hear i found that the sales personnel for the most part were a pleasure to work with (one location only) however the General manager had her own agenda which ultimately ended many careers there.
Relatively easy position.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Administrative, Barista

There is no hard part to this job. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the customers.

Assisted salespeople with their customers purchases.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
There were none.
A People First Company with Lean Philosophy
Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 2, 2016
The Lean Philosophy of Eliminating Waste and Continuous Improvement is pervasive in City Furniture, especially in the Operations side of things. They offer many ways to get rewarded for investing yourself through the Learning Library and improving the standard operating procedures through the Suggestion System. The voice of the associate can be heard. The Company is growing fast, but demotions and downsizing have occurred in the past to meet quotas. The work environment can often feel stiff and strict but the discipline procedures have recently been revamped to be less harsh. Overall it can be a great company to work for if you are actively involved in the incentives and if you believe and live out the Lean mindset.
Pros
Rewards and Incentives, Promote from within, Family enviroment
Cons
Sometimes stiff, stressful, can sometimes feel impersonal
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2016
City furniture was fun, an experience. The company offers lots of incentives to motivate the employee's. Monthly goals can be met, management is understanding and always willing to help!
Strong Family Winning Sales Culture
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 26, 2016
Organization has an amazing culture no matter role or department. Opportunity to grow in organization that puts it's people first. Continuous development and opportunity to drive your own paychecks.
Pros
Culture, Career growth, Benefits
Working an open sales floor is extremely competitive and can be very difficult
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 22, 2016
Commissioned only furniture sales. Open floor in Wellington store was more like a shark pit. There was always drama over which Sales Associate the customers belonged to. There was never a real break not even for lunch. No weekends off ever. Working there to meet sales quota felt more like being there seven days a week, non-stop on your feet and still that was never enough. Most co-workers got along really well but then there was always the few rotten apples.

I did enjoy working with customers. Most were loyal.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
No work/life balance
Employee Priority
Systems Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 28, 2016
The company really tries to make sure that every employee is satisfied or atleast continuously trying to improve on vertical/horizontal communication.
Fun, exciting and friendly work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 5, 2016
My time at CITY FURNITURE thus far, has been exciting, yet challenging learning experience for which I am grateful. I am happy to have been afforded the opportunity and relationship, I believe will stand test of time.
Pros
Good sales and product training with managers that care for your personal success.
Cons
Pay and commission structure can use tweeking, but adequate for the moment.
Not for everyone
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 5, 2016
Wake up out of your bed early to report to a job where no one cares about your opinion although you are the one who deals with the customer directly. I felt used and unappreciated.
stressful
Operations Team Leader/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 23, 2016
no one does their job, everyone want to be boss and order to someone else. drivers are getting scapegoatted every day they do service tech job, salesman job , mechanic jobs, customer service jobs and are not respected
Pros
job
Cons
everything
People First type of company who value their associates
Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 31, 2016
Excellent People First company
Great Salary
Great people to work with
Company cares about their associates
Great leadership
fun place
Cashier/office Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
It has been so long ago job was awesome, staff and managers was outstanding. we worked as a team, together and made it a success
Fun Work Place with exciting ways to learn and Grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
I would take inbound calls from customers and drivers, also making outbound calls to customers, delivery drivers and coworkers.
In this job I have learned about multi tasking, working with different personalities in coworkers and customers
Some managers are fantastic and wonderful teachers and very approachable.
the hardest part of my job I honestly don't have one
the most enjoyable part is learning something new everyday and speaking with all types of personalities in customers
Pros
Learing Library
Cons
Some not all parts of managment
Fun place to work at times, compensation wasn't good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 22, 2016
Compensation and micro management were the downfall. Not enough coaching to better one self. Management would steal customers in order to achieve their own goals rather than build up.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Micro management
Fast paced and great team work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATTIVE (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 1, 2016
A regular day always consisted of constant critical thinking and reaching out to customers to guarantee absolute satisfaction. This job taught me many team work strategies with all party's involved from delivery technician's to sales rep we all came together for the benefit of a happy customer. The biggest challenge for me was the use of a older pc server system to file and keep up to date commentary on individual accounts but as with all bad comes good it strengthened my ability to pay attention to the smallest of details. And in fact the most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers again the team work environment here was always enjoyable as well as motivational.
Pros
customer service week was highly implemented!, benefits are the bes, t including its own very doctor facility provided by Holy Cross, and a very special and unique cafeteria.
Cons
in all honesty nothing to complain about with this company.
Innovative Comapny
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 18, 2016
Career Growth
Innovative company
Continuous Improvement through problem solving
Great people to work with

Lack of communication through out the organization
Pros
Career Growth
Cons
LAck of Comuntication
pool,domino and tv lounge
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florida tamarcFebruary 12, 2016
i work at the main wear house ,where we load our trucks and do paper work and after which we go do our deliveryThis job is a very hard job with all the lifting and driving ,sometimes you got to deliver to 3rd floor etc.
Pros
buy
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.