City Furniture Employee Reviews

Trabajo estable
Tapicero (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 4, 2017
En esta empresa no se hace vida familiar mientras la familia descansa fines de semana el empleado esta trabajando y descansa entre semana por ejemplo martes y miercoles
Tampoco tiene el beneficio de horas personales y de enfermedad por lo demas un trabajo estable y muy buen seguro medico
Poroductive company
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2017
Within company you work with a lot diversity people in a fast pace. You work on the road providing excellent service in a fast pace and take short breaks in between.
Cons
heatth care and etc.
Lack of proper management
Title - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33401November 13, 2017
Lack of proper management didn't assist when needed over worked low commission over worked and under paid no time off no paid time off over worked over staffed and lack of mangement.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Fast pace work environment
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at city furniture. If given the opportunity again I know there is tons of growth opportunity here. The pay and tips are also a plus.
great company to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 5, 2017
great and introduce customers our simple process by qualifying at the door what the client was looking for we could save them a lots of time important to follow up on deliveries and make sure they have a wonderfull experience to get new referals
Pros
great pay
Cons
weekends mostly
Commission Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 3, 2017
Highly competitive with long work hours if you wish to make money and meet your monthly goals.No balance between work and life. Management is required to sell and retold to focus on selling. With this mind set very poor associate support and lack on Customer support because management is not around.
Pros
You have a Job
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent pay, Poor Benefits
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 1, 2017
I loved working for City furniture, the culture and the people were great to work with. The management team was very supportive and always working with you to achieve your goals. What I didn't like is that business was always so slow. Sometimes not certain weekends (promotion weekends) we would get busy and have great opportunity to sell and the days went by so fast. Most of the time it was slow and we always had way to many sales people on the floor so most people would just be sitting around with way to much time on their hands. I would do everything I could to stay busy like prospect or work on product modules, but in order to make money you need customers it was too slow business wise.
Pros
Great company, culture, and management.
Cons
Business was mostly always slow accept for promotional weekends.
Family oriented and Value driven buisness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 7, 2017
City Furniture was always there to help me get back on my feet. I was rehired after leaving due to a family crisis. They were there with open arms. Yes, every sales environment comes with a certain ego but I bet they would still be there with open arms if I chose to apply again. There are long hours. And closing could take a while. This is one sales job that you only have to focus on YOUR customer and follow up for the most part it's self serving environment rather than team oriented despite their efforts. All in all the compensation is excellent with competitive benefits.
Pros
free gift cards and plenty of bonus competitions!!
Cons
short breaks, some commission depends on the integrity of the co-worker
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 27, 2017
city future is a nice place to work. a typical day at work is making sure all orders are pulled correct. I learn how to, pull customer order, how to use fork lift/ cherry picker and taggers. management need more training, they do not respect their workers. most enjoyable part of my job: making sure I completed my job Task for that day.
Nice place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 27, 2017
Its a busy place lots of running around house to house very late nights might not be for everybody but very good place to work it's not for me but good place to work.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
work real late on a regular base
Family First Work Enviroment
Sales (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJuly 13, 2017
I have been with City for 2 years now and I have never held a position in a company where I have felt I truly mattered as an individual. I am recognized as a family member not an associate .This is a company you can not only grow in but also a company that grows with you. Your ideas and opinions are welcomed and celebrated. This is a company that I recommend 100% I feel lucky to be part of my city family.
i think it could be better place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 11, 2017
delivering furniture to clients homes fixing anything on work order assembling product before leaving warehouse interacting with customers as well as good customer service
fast pace
service technician (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 20, 2017
very fast pace if looking for steady work and not going to school good place to work. hours are very long but the pay is very good also they take care of their employees
Good work place
Accounting Dept. / Jr. Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2017
Great place to work in the corporate office. The staff is good and gives you opportunity to advance within the company. Worked in the accounting department which was fast paced but I learned alot.
good company to work for
Routing and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 17, 2017
good company to work for, great benefits with awesome coworkers...
pay a little bit more than average jobs around....
great incentives!
company working hard to before lean.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work weekends and late nights
Poor culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJune 7, 2017
Greeting customers and watching out for other sales people's interference with your customer. Unfortunately there was lots of favoritism and poor customer service. Some people got a way with a lot and others were reprimanded or restricted. Was a bad culture for sales people. The most enjoyable part of the job was my pay check every week.
Pros
Could be a good place
Cons
Sales and managers
Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 6, 2017
You have to wait a year for $14.00..until then it's 12.50. You have to work different times every day. No rotation on weekends..you work every weekend. No support from staff and management. Everyone is on a power trip. You go over numbers every week like your in trouble, customers you assist are always irritated because no one is on the same page, folks are fired left and right, so you do not feel stable. I feel very deceived by this company.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Pay rate, support, hours, customers
Worst mistake ever
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 2, 2017
City Furniture seemed like a good place to work, but that was short lived. Two weeks in they cut everyone's pay by 20%. They write you up for everything and the management sucks. The only supervisors that were cool were the ones that you can slide a little money to for them to put you on a money route for that day.
good place to work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 30, 2017
I worked in the clearance department and it was an enjoyable experience for me. I started as a temporary hired by a job search company and ended up full time.
Manager in training
Manager In Training/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2017
It was a good learning experience. I learned to deal with the general public in person and handle many different situations. I learned to make work schedules, and handle large sums of cash and report it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.