City Furniture Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced and great team work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATTIVE (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 1, 2016
A regular day always consisted of constant critical thinking and reaching out to customers to guarantee absolute satisfaction. This job taught me many team work strategies with all party's involved from delivery technician's to sales rep we all came together for the benefit of a happy customer. The biggest challenge for me was the use of a older pc server system to file and keep up to date commentary on individual accounts but as with all bad comes good it strengthened my ability to pay attention to the smallest of details. And in fact the most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers again the team work environment here was always enjoyable as well as motivational.
Pros
customer service week was highly implemented!, benefits are the bes, t including its own very doctor facility provided by Holy Cross, and a very special and unique cafeteria.
Cons
in all honesty nothing to complain about with this company.
Most of the people are a pleasure to work with
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work consist of being aware when is your turn to take a costumer.
Follow up with existing costumers about their product being delivered or in backorder.
Follow up with costumers over the phone about specials promotions and inviting them back in the store.
Keep up with after sell follow up, LMS.
My co-workers are the best. Is my second home.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to enjoy what you do and have a safe work environment.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to control your salary. You never know how much you are going to get paid
Pros
A lot of free time when you don't have a costumer
Cons
Never know what your salary is going to be
great culture, lack of room for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Really a great company overall. They treat their employees and customers very kindly. Biggest downside was no where to advance once i hit the general manger position. Also, we had to work every weekend and most holiday's, but this is expected in retail.
Pros
great benefits and culture
Cons
working every weekend and not much room for advancement
Long work hours
Sales Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Long hours no work life balance unless in corporate. Potential to make decent salary. It's a great job for people with no kids or family.
Fun Work Place with exciting ways to learn and Grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
I would take inbound calls from customers and drivers, also making outbound calls to customers, delivery drivers and coworkers.
In this job I have learned about multi tasking, working with different personalities in coworkers and customers
Some managers are fantastic and wonderful teachers and very approachable.
the hardest part of my job I honestly don't have one
the most enjoyable part is learning something new everyday and speaking with all types of personalities in customers
Pros
Learing Library
Cons
Some not all parts of managment
Fun, exciting and friendly work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 5, 2016
My time at CITY FURNITURE thus far, has been exciting, yet challenging learning experience for which I am grateful. I am happy to have been afforded the opportunity and relationship, I believe will stand test of time.
Pros
Good sales and product training with managers that care for your personal success.
Cons
Pay and commission structure can use tweeking, but adequate for the moment.
City furniture provide for associates a lot of activities.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  6701 N. Hiatus Rd. Tamarac, FL 33321August 1, 2015
Productive and busy work place. Great bonus and benefits program Owner has a great vision. The most customers come back because they have a great shopping experiences.
Not A Bad Place To Work
Senior Service Techician (Current Employee) –  Tamarac FL.April 2, 2015
This Company like many others is Growing,, there are many noticeable changes since joining which includes better compensation packages and options to speak 1 on 1 with Management about concerns. A Number of Bonus programs which include On time, Safety and Referral. Family owned company and CEO and Son are kindhearted gentlemen who really wish well for employees (My Opinion) Coworkers can be very challenging to work with at times but all in all the job gets done at the end of the day. The Culture is very diverse which is very beneficial when dealing with some customers that only speak 1 language eg; Creole or Spanish. I am a Cogent thinker so I know that a lot of employee requests simply cannot be met on time mainly due to the amount of people on staff. The opportunity for growth flows through the company as well but I must say however there is still a lot of room for improvement when dealing with staff concerns. The most enjoyable part of this job is taking the daily drive to different parts of Florida and meeting different characters including the ones seated right next to you. I actually recommended a few family members to work at this company.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Could be Semi Transparent at times
stressful
Operations Team Leader/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 23, 2016
no one does their job, everyone want to be boss and order to someone else. drivers are getting scapegoatted every day they do service tech job, salesman job , mechanic jobs, customer service jobs and are not respected
Pros
job
Cons
everything
Fun place to work at times, compensation wasn't good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 22, 2016
Compensation and micro management were the downfall. Not enough coaching to better one self. Management would steal customers in order to achieve their own goals rather than build up.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Micro management
A fun high energy work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Meet and greet the customers and making them feel welcomed as soon as they step into the show room.
I've learnt that furniture is very involved and I will never take a piece of furniture at face value.
Management team were very supportive.
Can be a fun place to work
Showroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 23, 2015
Your income will depend on you and how hard you are willing to work. Tough to have a balance with your personal life because you are required to hit your monthly goals.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Innovative Comapny
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 18, 2016
Career Growth
Innovative company
Continuous Improvement through problem solving
Great people to work with

Lack of communication through out the organization
Pros
Career Growth
Cons
LAck of Comuntication
Fun place to work, but long hours
Showroom Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 1, 2014
In sales, you work a lot of hours. Compensation is based on your sales commission. As you advance, you can make a % of the store's production, but you still have personal sales goals. The company makes things fun with competitions, trips, and bonuses for good performance. The hours vary - you have to work every weekend to be able to make your numbers. You're usually guaranteed two days off in the week, but if you fall behind with your numbers, you pretty much have to come in on days off to make it up. It's not mandatory, but necessary because there are only so many days in a month.
Pros
competitive atmosphere, good incentives
Cons
long hours, retail schedule, sometimes very slow business
Hard work, well organized, great staff
Distribution Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 27, 2015
You're able to increase your pay (raise) by your performance. The work is physical and at times challenging but well structure and practically executed. The pace is fast and constant, staff is all around and welcome the opportunity to help solve difficult obstacles as a team.
Fun working Place
Delivery (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 8, 2016
Very Productive and Fun place to work. My team members and I worked hard to achieve our store goals and we were rewarded exceptionally well. There was always room for growth.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
pool,domino and tv lounge
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florida tamarcFebruary 12, 2016
i work at the main wear house ,where we load our trucks and do paper work and after which we go do our deliveryThis job is a very hard job with all the lifting and driving ,sometimes you got to deliver to 3rd floor etc.
Pros
buy
Cons
short breaks
Comcast was like my second home, fun and friendly environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Comcast is structured to help promote employee success by giving everyone the necessary tools that are needed to perform daily tasks. Constant on the job training. Strict system set in place to keep order at the workplace. You normally however are typically recommended to work a great deal of hours well pass the average 40 hours per week in order to meet and pass monthly company set goals.
Pros
fun and friendly environment, good benefits, great earning potentials
Cons
long work hours, slow advancement, micromanaging, stress environment at times
Great Place to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 24, 2012
Get to work, sign in to my computer, and begin observing agents on the call center floor. if that was not first on my agenda,, I would make myself available to receive escalated calls.
Read my emails, and reply.
Carryout daily coaching and development sessions with agents assigned to my team. Do yearly assessment to determine raises.

This company by far was one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for, they valued each and every employee, is what it felt like.
I learned what it felt like to work with a close net happy, helpful group of people, up to the employees in the cafeteria!

Management was very helpful, they were interested in what was going on in personal and professional life, and would help with both.

I love my ex co-workers, we were like a family.

The hardest part of my job, was calling customers that were so anxious to get their delivery, that they would not, or that the item the just purchased was out of stock.

The most enjoyable part of my job was just being rewarded for doing it. The company had a lot of fun family days and parties for their employees.
Pros
lots of discounts to various buisnesses, discount on furniture, even on cars.
Cons
i have none
Difficult Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 19, 2015
Scheduled an average of 45-50 hours a week (at least 9.5 hours a day) with no true lunch break, commission based and if the drivers mess up or there is a backorder and the customer cancels you lose money. No overtime pay. Nights, weekends, and holidays required. Very cut-throat with sales. Coworkers steal your customers & $ from them.
Pros
----
Cons
----