City Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
September 2007 promoted to Lead Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 11, 2017
Work at Berkeley Medical Center (City Hospital) nearly 10 years. An absolutely fantastic employer. Excellent benefits and opportunities within the hospital.
Benefits
organized place to work
Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
great experience, ability to grow within the organization. Schedule is flexible and work can be balanced with family responsibilites
Great place to work, well structured and good corporate culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Office JobAugust 30, 2016
Typical day at work 9 to 5 with one hour lunch break. The day starts woth a morning meetings and prioritising a task for the day. The learning process in the hospital is ongoing...every day is the opportunity to learn. I have learned during my work medical terminology and I have advanced my computer skills. Probably the hardest part of the job is patients deaths.
The most enjoyable part of the job is nominations "Employee of the Month": meetings and rewards.
Pros
good training opportunity
Team work
Charge nurse on a cardiac unit (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 9, 2016
Family oriented, caring and compassionate. Hardest part in coding patients and the deaths of other. learned to build on my career, as well as, the raltionships with co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
schedules
A Day at Work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced job. Great job if you like to work with patients. Can earn a lot of experience if willing to put the effort forth and work in different areas.
Cornwall Hearing Impaired
Technical Officer for the Hearing Impaired (Former Employee) –  Truro, ENGSeptember 10, 2015
Prior to working with visually impaired people, I worked with hearing impaired clients.

I am deaf myself, no hearing on my right side, a little on my left of which I wear a hearing aid. Not a sign language user at first, but learnt this skill as I worked in the community.

At the time there were only two of us covering Cornwall.

The work was very technical as installing electrical systems to small items such as Vibrating Alarm Clocks.
Cons
Having to understand complex needs.
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  KSSeptember 7, 2015
List of patients to see ready for you when you arrive. Enjoyed working in this field, loved the people. Left to open a business.
Pros
everything
Cons
needed more money at the time.
great coworkers in a high stress environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Kansas city hospitalJuly 31, 2015
Busy, high stress work but worked with great people. Management was good and benefits were ok. Lots of manual lifting of patients due to surgery and inability to walk after surgery. Required attention to details and ability to reason to insure patient safety
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
often went without breaks
steady work pace, friendly enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 26, 2015
friendly environment with a desire to provide excellent health care. always growing within the field. work and home life balance was excellent with flexibility.
Challenging work environment
Nursing Manager Pre-Op/PACU/Lithotripsy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Excellent nursing retention and professional development. Good quality outcomes in patient care. Challenging environment for nursing leadership.
Productive, positive environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City HospitalMarch 23, 2015
Assist Registered Nurse in daily care of Oncology patients. Staff was always willing to help others. Hardest part of job is when a patient passes away. On the Oncology floor you really get to know your patients and their families.
Always something to learn
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City MOFebruary 20, 2015
Like that everyday was different I learned something new everyday. Management needed to be more of a boss and not to be your friend. Good hours to fit my family needs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Some of the co-workers did not like to get along
Ready for new job new work environment and people
Central Services Technician (Current Employee) –  MoJanuary 24, 2015
Typical work day including cleaning hospital equipment, charging out and crediting supplies to different departments in the hospital. Filling out the backup carts for nurses to use in the hospital . I learned about how the hospital works and the environment and how upbeat and quick we work to get the job done daily. Management is OK but in my opinion not very good at communicating ideas to everyone in department. I get along with all my coworkers but i am ready to meet new faces and names.
Pros
breaks and lunch benifits, pto, paid vacation
Cons
management, daily work out on body, lots of walking.
Caring and nurturing employees
Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 2, 2014
When working as a housekeeper at City Hospital, I saw various types of emergency situations on a daily basis. As an employee working around these situations, I had to concentrate on getting my job done to accommodate those coming into the ER. The hardest part of the job was seeing the loved ones who followed the victims, some of them not knowing if they were going to leave or have to stay. The best part of my job was getting to work around the intelligent doctors and nurses who treated me as an equal and helped save people in any way they could.
Arduous work sometimes fun long hours decent benefits
Grounds Maintenance Irrigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  MOAugust 4, 2014
A typical day was a straight eight or twelve hours. the work was physically demanding your position when promoted was not secure you could be bumped down at a moments notice by your crew foreman without reason. Some of my co-workers were great and would help and guide and some weren't. Working twelve hour shifts seven days a week for months without suffering from burnout or exhaustion. most enjoyable was some of the people made it a great place.
Pros
the money and some of the people
Cons
no lunch and no guaranteed breaks excessive hours
Professional Workplace with friendly coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  KSJuly 1, 2014
North Kansas City Hospital is a professional work environment, and most co workers are friendly. Home Health is very busy, and a wonderful place to work if you do not care to have life outside of this organization.
Pros
Clean and Professional work environment.
Cons
No Breaks
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  KSMay 8, 2014
Enjoyed my coworkers and a nice learning environment. Pay was decent and management was nice.
Exhausting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  KSApril 10, 2014
While I loved taking care of the patients, the nurses were overworked and way underpaid. This is the lowest paying hospital. If you bring about a complaint to management, you are more likely to lose your job or receive some sort of punishment. The nurses themselves are great to work with. Everyone bands together to help each other out. On days when the patient census is high and there are not enough nurses, upper management brings around gives each nurse a piece of candy. Most of the time it would upset the nurses because we felt like we were being treated like children. They refuse to listen to the concerns and ignoring anything the nurses have to say. Instead they just bring around more candy!
Pros
Co-workers are to work with
Cons
Everything else, Most days you barely even get to eat
Nurse care mananger
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Provide support and supervision to order staff and coordinate all care efforts while acting as the primary point.
Pros
Nurse care mananger
Cons
healthcare
Friendly,productive environment.
Registered Nurse, Medical/ Surgical (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMarch 12, 2014
City Hospital was one of my best jobs,the staff,patients and families usually was warm and friendly.A typical day was busy,and productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.