City Hospital

City Hospital Employer Reviews

Arduous work sometimes fun long hours decent benefits
Grounds Maintenance Irrigation Specialist (Current Employee), MOAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the money and some of the people
Cons: no lunch and no guaranteed breaks excessive hours
A typical day was a straight eight or twelve hours. the work was physically demanding your position when promoted was not secure you could be bumped down at a moments notice by your crew foreman without reason. Some of my co-workers were great and would help and guide and some weren't. Working twelve hour shifts seven days a week for months without – more... suffering from burnout or exhaustion. most enjoyable was some of the people made it a great place. – less
Professional Workplace with friendly coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), KSJuly 1, 2014
Pros: clean and professional work environment.
Cons: no breaks
North Kansas City Hospital is a professional work environment, and most co workers are friendly. Home Health is very busy, and a wonderful place to work if you do not care to have life outside of this organization.
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), KSMay 8, 2014
Enjoyed my coworkers and a nice learning environment. Pay was decent and management was nice.
Exhausting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), KSApril 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers are to work with
Cons: everything else, most days you barely even get to eat
While I loved taking care of the patients, the nurses were overworked and way underpaid. This is the lowest paying hospital. If you bring about a complaint to management, you are more likely to lose your job or receive some sort of punishment. The nurses themselves are great to work with. Everyone bands together to help each other out. On days when – more... the patient census is high and there are not enough nurses, upper management brings around gives each nurse a piece of candy. Most of the time it would upset the nurses because we felt like we were being treated like children. They refuse to listen to the concerns and ignoring anything the nurses have to say. Instead they just bring around more candy! – less
Nurse care mananger
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nurse care mananger
Cons: healthcare
Provide support and supervision to order staff and coordinate all care efforts while acting as the primary point.
Friendly,productive environment.
Registered Nurse, Medical/ Surgical (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMarch 12, 2014
City Hospital was one of my best jobs,the staff,patients and families usually was warm and friendly.A typical day was busy,and productive.
enjoyed working with patients and coworkers
floor nurse (Former Employee), NKCHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, pto
Cons: insurance doesn't pay like it use to
Pleasant atmosphere , great team of workers from housekeeping to nursing
See Resume
Maintenance Technician/ Painter (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVNovember 2, 2013
Performed maintenance of mechanical systems, such as; kitchen conveyor belts, gas stoves, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, boiler and chiller systems, automatic temperature control, and electrical systems. Daily work orders for a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the hospital’s trades, such as painting, carpentry, cement masonry, – more... dry wall and other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing and remodeling all facilities – less
Very well staffed and plenty of equipment to work with and care for the patients.
staff nurse (Former Employee), KSSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great supervisory staff.
Cons: very, very busy hospital, difficult to care for all of them in a timely manner.
I did general nursing care for the 'over-flow' of patients on several different units.
Great people to work with, management and team members
Security Representative (Former Employee), KSJuly 21, 2013
Pros: great place to work, very creative and caring team members
Cons: working with combative patients in the er and mental health
Ensuring the safety of staff, patients, traffic control with life flights
Very good staff to work with, each RN helps out the other rn's.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 5, 2013
Pros: staff management, meetings.help when you asked for it.
Cons: heavy patient loads early in the day.
This was the best hospital I ever worked in and I worked in the hospital setting for 40 years! Everyone works together. We maintained excellent Press Gainy scores and always received lots of praise for our care.
I learned it was fun to go to work, everyone helped you learn new things.
Management did their job and even pitched in to help with patient – more... care when the load was heavy.
Hardest part of the job was catering to each MD's whims.
Most enjoyable was sending a recently operated on patient home with a smile on their face and gratitude in their eyes! – less
Bodton City Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), MAMay 5, 2013
ONE big happy familey. I got all my training there.OLD SCHOOL
Managment. all for one, and one for all.Together, Seeing someing new for the frist time DEATH.That was hard for the frist time.
Learnd to talk about what was going on .
Great place to spread your wings
Nursing Interen (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2013
Pros: good employer with exceptional potential
Cons: hard to get a job if you are trying to get back on.
Gave me my first chance at nursing when I was offered a intership position which gave me the opportunity to really get my feel for nursing while I was in nursing school. Loved every minute of working at North Kansas City Hospital.
Good place to work, Caring people.
Patient Counselor (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVFebruary 19, 2013
Caring people, Top of the line patient care. Business office was excellent it their performance,
good
Radiology Technologist & CT Technologist (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVSeptember 10, 2012
scheduled working, midnught start Thursdat to Saturday.
learning patient care with dificult patient and trauma CT procudures. I have a nice team work to cover and help each other
The thing I enjoyed the most was helping others.
Emergency Room Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVAugust 20, 2012
Pros: being able to help others, especially the less fortunate.
Cons: when those in need would sometimes have such a long wait.
A typical day was never the same as the last since I worked in the ER. I learned however that you could only depend on yourself to get a job accomplished. Management was a laugh since there was none, this was the sad part. If you were on their side, then they were on yours. I always felt that it was a team effort and if we all could work together and – more... get along it not only made things go more smoothly but also make for a better day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reason I enjoyed it so much, and loved to go every day. The patients. When they would be in pain, I somehow could find a way to make them smile and they would thank me. – less
Okay workplace
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 15, 2012
Cons: unorganized
Nothing good to say, but nothing bad to say. I like that it is mostly independent work and you don't have to rely on other people much to get your job in particular done.
Very nice place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2012
Pros: the hours that i worked were great.
Cons: really no cons.
The most enjoyable part of working at North Kansas City Hospital, was knowing what I would be doing everyday when I would walk through the door. Knowing that if I had any issues that need to be resolved. I would talk to my supervisor and we would come up with a solution together.
Helping others
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), MartinsburgNovember 17, 2011
Pros: great treachers
Cons: not enough staff
I was able to learn from my nurses and help others. The people were every nice. I was able to learn about the field that I worked in and expand on it into other branches in that field.
it was great place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), BirminghamMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: long hours
I was working weekends , I have learned teamwork and working with different people. The hard part of the work was cleaning staffs and the enjoyable was working with the patients.