City Limits Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work with pool tables and dj
Bar Tender (Current Employee) –  Benton, ILJune 26, 2017
very high energy loud on a Saturday night meet lots of new people we always have a great time hardest part of the job is keeping up with the mixed drinks
This was a wonderful restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMay 4, 2017
My first serving job I learned a lot also with customer service you know I make my customers happy my customers taught me alot how to speak talk and how to make people laugh and make sure I passed it until they get their orders
Fun work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 25, 2017
Been here for quite some time now. Weekly pay and a consistent schedule is a plus for me. But I would like more out of life more money an more time to further my career. It pays the bills that's about it .
Pros
Free tanning free laundry
Cons
Only 9.00 a hr
Laid back, super friendly, awesome owners
Server/ Bartender/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 11, 2017
The environment is awesome, I love the employees and the managers/owners. I loved working for them, everything about the place was warm and welcoming.
Pros
free lunches, awesome discounts
Cons
Short breaks
management severely lacking
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 31, 2017
practically every cook and waitress is on some sort illegal drug, the management has no communication or symmetry so the staff is left not knowing what is going on. For customers it's a really decent and fun atmosphere.
Best Place in Town to Eat
Sous Chef to the Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSJanuary 27, 2017
They are understaffed and have difficulty getting enough employees, perhaps the wages are too low to keep the kind of staff they are in need of. Being understaffed created excess work for employees. Ask for higher wages when applying, as they are in need of good employees. Good atmosphere, fun, friendly, great food.
Fast passed
Bartender (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJanuary 24, 2017
It was a self motivated, fast passed job. Always had something to do. Was paid minimum wage plus tips, which was nice. Overall it was a fun place to work.
Pros
food was discounted.
Cons
No health care, late hours
Laid-back, enjoyable, and family oriented place.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 23, 2016
Working at city limits is far from boring. It's family owned and operated. I love working with everyone at city limits and we are all very close. It's impossible not to make life-long friendships while you work there. Management is very understanding when life happens and they do their best to schedule you around whatever it is that you have going on in your life. I love this place and it will be sad to go, but this is just a temporary job for me.
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJuly 31, 2016
Working here has taught me how to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, and how to think fast to keep the customer happy.
Pros
Deals on bowling, 50% off employee meal, excellent food
Cons
Potential for long hours with no break
fun job but could get hard at times
Assistant head of security (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMay 16, 2016
had a fairly easy time at work but would get busy around 1030 every night. i managed the bars and made sure they all ran smoothly and had what they needed to run efficiently
Pros
half off on all food
Cons
would deal with drunks who could get violent
Fun and easy workplace
Sales operations (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 9, 2016
Working at City Limits is an extremely fun and easy job because we sell a plethora of novelty gift items and cards. A typical shift at City Limits includes ringing up people's items, straightening the store, restocking assigned sections, and ensuring that theft is prohibited.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad management skills when it comes to employees who don't pull their weight
Excellent place to work
Video Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
I communicate with the publisher weekly and submit video story ideas for the "WorkSite" section of the website. After interviewing subjects on camera I upload the video to the publisher's YouTube channel where the publisher has an opportunity to watch the video interviews and provide feedback. The publisher and I communicate very well to ensure that video stories are produced and published on deadline.
Not a fun place to work
Bowling Alley Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 11, 2015
The staff there was not friendly at all. I constantly got yelled at and pushed around by the managers because I was the new person.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Nobody was friendly
Productive, a great place to work, love the owners.
BARTENDER/SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 25, 2015
I have learned so much at City Limits. I have learned how to give excellent customer service.i have learned teamwork, I have really learned how to interact with people. I love my co-workers, and feel just like family.
a very good restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMarch 9, 2015
a little different because they a bowling alley but mainly typical kitchen duties. the hardest part was my manager, he wasnt my best friend. he didnt like how cocky i was with my work. i learned that you cant trust anyone.
Productive fast paced environment with great food and music
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 15, 2015
At city limits there was always something going on its like a big family there. Anyone that comes in is welcomed with open arms, I always worked the lunch shift and the rush always came from around 12 till 2. The management was great always willing to dig in and get their hands dirty! My co-workers were always great team players which definitely made my job a whole lot easier to come to, times did get hard from time to time it was nothing but girl waitress and we all know how that can be when it gets stressful but what makes it so enjoyable is even when it was stressful at the end of the day we were all able to smile and remain a team that's happy and knows how to get along!
Pros
Free on the clock lunches
Cons
No healthcare
love it
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 16, 2014
everyone is awesome. owners are great. always treats you well
open store at 4:00 am 5days week
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 9, 2014
open the store everyday at 4:00am also did the store ordering weekly. Stocked cashier and helped customers.
Pros
love working with people
productive
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 21, 2013
Hard, tiring and educational. I loved the challenge of learning something new everyday like how to operate all the heavy machinery
Awesome owners, Awesome employess, Great Food!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 12, 2013
The owners are above all the coolest people to work for! Us as cooks were allowed to do things the ways we seen best fit to complete each job, as we ARE the cooks. They would listen to us and understand that we knew what was going on since we were the ones 'running the show'. Everybody gets along very well at City Limits and its a great place to come out of with many new and close friends. Everybody is willing to help one another as we all understood the business only stays up as a team effort!