City Market Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aspen, CODecember 7, 2017
City market is a good place to work; there are nice co-workers there, excellent management. Overall its a good experience for beginners jobs or career-oriented people.
Direct supervisor is extremely helpful willing to take time to train.
Department Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gunnison, CODecember 6, 2017
City Market has treated me fair and given me the opportunity to move up in the company. I would recommend working for City Market. The health insurance, retirement is amazing and affordable with this company.
Pros
Excellent mangement team
Cons
Trying to transfer is difficult I need to stay at present pay.
Great exposure to people in the community, as well as organic and local foods
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 21, 2017
Very high-volumed. An excellent place to develop customer/ community relations. Excellent management, organization, and benefits. Provides extensive knowledge of cash handling and working with people as a whole.
Co-Op
Full time Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 14, 2017
Co-op style grocery store typical place to work especially if you need a basic job that does not require much previous experience or any certifications
good review
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, CONovember 6, 2017
The customers were great to work with, my coworkers worked as a team, but the managers were a different story. the manager is suppose to keep an open line of communication with is his workers but he just could not find the time.
summer job
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Durango, CONovember 3, 2017
I was in college and worked for some spending money. I worked with alot of good relaxed people and i did bag groceries, greet and get carts restocked.
Pros
good workers
Cons
snowy
it was a job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, CONovember 2, 2017
daily work fast past
companies like city market are unfair to the good employees
my supervisor was fair
workplace if you were liked you were treated poorly
management
the weekly checks
Do not work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALNovember 2, 2017
If you have a choice to work anywhere else, I would advise you to take any other job doing anything in the entire country because this place is terrible.
Was a wonderful first BIG job
All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 31, 2017
Aside from the standard every day stresses that you have from working a retail job, City Market was actually a very enjoyable place to work. The work life there was bright and was always nice to see new faces come in almost every day, as well as seeing the same faces now and then! Got to meet a lot of new people as well as rekindling old friendships! Was a great way to sharpen my current skills as well as teach me many new ones.
Was a great starting job to make new friends and learn new skills.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 30, 2017
My work duties included bagging customers groceries, Collecting carts, janitorial duties, customer service, and returning items to shelves that were not bought. The management was good aside from his personal vendetta against certain employees. It appeared that if he didn't initially like the employee he made it known. My coworkers were always willing to assist me if I needed extra help. I had recently move to Colorado and this was a perfect job to meet new people. The turnover rate was very high when it came to Courtesy Clerks. I'd say that the hardest part of the job was having to 'shag carts' during the heat of summer and the freezing cold winters.
Pros
Customer service, gained strength from gathering carts, new friends.
Cons
Inconsistent/odd hours.
Rewarding and stressful, great company
ASM (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 28, 2017
Love the compensation and benefits, quick advancement, different ASM specialy fields. Salary hours are long and expected beyond the scheduled 10 hour shifts, but if appreciated by store manager, acceptable. Expected and not appreciated is stressful for work life balance. Helping associates feel appreciated and in turn giving GREAT customer service and striving for retention is my most enjoyable. Love providing friendly customer service to internal and external customers. Trying hard to build a great atmosphere and culture is my goal.
Poorly organized with ineffective management.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  3130 Main Ave., Durango, Co 81301October 27, 2017
One of the worst jobs I ever had. They were disorganized to the point of illegality, Their benefits packago was non existent for clerks, even though they were required to provide it for every employee after 30 or 60 days. The work environment was brutal, though most of my co workers were good people.

Shifts were irregular,and frequently you would work 7 days with no day off. They refused to allow paper or emailed copies of schedules.

Management was spotty, and you'd seek help with someone only to be told that that they couldn't help. Low quality and aggressive management made for ugly work environments.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
low pay and benefits
Inconsistent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clifton, COOctober 26, 2017
The hours vary too much to have a life outside of work. It's very difficult for a new employee to get a particular day or shift off because of the way they schedule. Seniority always picks their shifts first. Raises are only considered once a year, and you are REQUIRED to be part of the union and pay dues. Temporary job, at best.
very stressfulstocking,customer
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 2, 2017
Stocking, customer service, cleaning, guiding crew, I did ordering,scheduling. I helped oversee departments such as cheese station, salad bar. olive bar.
Pros
the people
Cons
constantly short handed, very stressful
As good as any large store can be
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COSeptember 19, 2017
My time at city market was fine. I was in college and i seemed to be a little overworked but i was making good money for my situation. Would not want to go back but its a good job to start.
enjoyed stocking the most
Stocker,facing shelves,floor scrubbing (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 19, 2017
Started working as carry out,advanced to scrubbing floors ,then advanced to stocking product.Brought product onto floor,stocked shelving and faced product.
learned how to clean floors using floor scrubber.
stripped wax from floors,mopped new wax onto floors.
Pros
learned how scrub floors with floor scrubber how to face product correctly, and rotating stock
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 17, 2017
I usually work the front end, bagging groceries, cart checks. On other days I clean bathrooms, floor sweeps and trash throughout store. It is a fun and friendly place to work. I have learned what items go with what when bagging. The management is awesome. Super nice and very friendly. The workplace culture is a great place to work when you have coworkers who seem to be happy and friendly when talking to you or customers. The hardest part of the job is nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job is answering customers questions and showing them where the item they are searching for. This company always puts customers 1st.
Pros
Breaks and lunch break
good place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COSeptember 17, 2017
I Worked in the Deli department . I enjoyed working with the people I worked with and loved the work environment. However, I did not live in town so it was not worth the drive for little hours.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
wasnt given enough hours.
fun and friendly place to work but terrible management
Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shiprock, NMMay 8, 2017
Management is just the most concerned part about working at City Market. It is a very productive and friendly place but once you have a disagreement with one of the managers it is not so friendly.
best grocery store around
Bakery Clerk and Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COMay 7, 2017
A very clean store primarily focused on customer satisfaction, backed by the "Make It Right" program. Fresh produce, and a cute bakery. Each employee is so friendly and helpful, no matter the circumstance.
Pros
strong cohesion with team members, frequent rewards and employee appreciation events