City National Bank

City National Bank Employer Reviews

Productive and busy Call center
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Competitive , friendly colleagues. Great benefits and good ethic codes.
Great bonus and salary
AVP & Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2015
this bank offers great benefits and flexible hours.
Easy going workers and dedicated people.
401K is competitive with a match.
Profit sharing is available to most employees.
City National Bank is a great company
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2014
City National has a great culture and is innovative when accommodating its clients.
Reconcilement Specialist
Reconcilments Specialist (Former Employee), Cross Lanes, WVNovember 4, 2014
Daily tasks consisted of balancing GL accounts and communicating with the federal reserve.
Leading business bank with opportunities for specific career paths.
Associate, Commercial Real Estate Division (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 7, 2014
You really need to know exactly who you are and what you are looking for, the company culture definitely helps to toughen you up and be sure of yourself.
Great company to work for
Senior Credit Analyst / Underwriter (Current Employee), Century City, CASeptember 30, 2014
Lots of room for growth, good management, and fun atmosphere
Work
Business Services Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2014
It's a bank with employees and this field is required. It's a bank with employees and this field is required. It's a bank with employees and this field is required. It's a bank with employees and this field is required. It's a bank with employees and this field is required.
Vice President, International Banking (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good organizational structure
Cons: operates like a smaller bank
I enjoyed working at this bank. If I had not needed to relocated, I would likely be working there
good started job to get experience in banking, no good management, harrased to get accounts
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Wichita ksAugust 20, 2014
Pros: inside walmart able to shop after work
Cons: high turn over in management, management does not care about employees
830am to 730pm on some days, there is a high turn over in management as well as retail bankers,
in normal day you need to walk around walmart and prospect customers. let them know about the bank and what they have to offer. Bank charges monthly fees to have accounts with them. its good for people that have bad credit and can not get a bank account somewhere else. Retail bankers are required to get 3-5 names and numbers each day. call each person til they come and open an account. Reatil banker has to meet personal goals 10+ accounts a month, its harder than it sounds.
Some bankers start at $10 and others start $11, if you work towards personal banker you also get a raise 35 cents and a bonus.
It was hard for me, because i had a horrible co-worker that was always trying to take my prospect away and claim them as her own. Also since she had seniority she thought she could boss me around and tell me to do her duties.
City National is a good company to work for; it's competitive in key areas and works to keep good colleagues.
Assistant Vice Present/ Team Leader (Current Employee), CaliforniaAugust 18, 2014
A typical day is fast-paced rushing to meet deadlines while delivering quality products. It can be an ongoing challenge to balance production demands while also providing needed assistance to others and attending manager meetings. Although most people are great to work with, the job lacks a work/life balance. It's difficult to have the satisfaction of a job well done without it requiring excessive work hours on a daily basis.
good place to work for upper management
Consumer Credit Officer - Private Banking (Current Employee), Century City, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: community charity, college scholarships
Cons: long hours, company politics
CNB is a stable, good place to work if you are willing to give up work/life balance. Compensation and benefits are good, but unless you are part of middle to upper management, it is quite difficult to move up in the company. I do like that the bank does a lot of community charity and offers the chance to apply for college scholarships to full time employees kids.
Great
TELLER (Former Employee), MontgomeryJuly 31, 2014
The best place I've ever worked, but they didn't offer enough hours!
Productive and fun work place with great culture
Jr Admin/Help Desk II (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free checking account and great benefits
Cons: unfair salaries
Enjoyed working with the CNB team and extended my knowledge in the IT field. As per management they need to make several changes there as most employee's are not happy with their current vision.
Routine tasks
Banking Services Representative III (Former Employee), Downtown Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers, and the beautiful downtown la view
Cons: little vacation time, processing log!
A typical day was just paper work, and processing all day! No room for growth. I learn a lot about processing legal work with very little training, I learned as I processed. One out of the five managers I had was educated the others were just money driven. The hardest part about my job was the work load, the work was easy the load was excessive with short deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing downtown view of the skylines, and my lovely co-workers.
Great Job
TELLER (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVJuly 18, 2014
I had to relocate back to Georgia for family reasons. Other than I would have stayed with this company. The banking industry is totally different but still the same in customer service and product selling.
Great team-mates. Enjoyed working with everyone
Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2014
Learned a lot about Regression Analysis through Tom Thomas. He showed us how to use theory and merge it real life business application
Pretty good overall
Sr. Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 7, 2014
Typical teller work, management is almost non existent, hardest part of the job is keeping busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Adequate amount of work
Small Claims Collection Agent (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 1, 2014
Pros: strong work environment
Cons: amount of meetings
I always had work to do which was good. There was not a lot of sitting around, the atmosphere was really productivity driven
Many opportunities to grow
Personal Banking Officer / AVP (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great employer with numerous growth opportunities
Cons: long drive to beverly hills
Loved working for City National Bank. I worked my way up from a loan assistant to Personal Banking Officer. I learned a lot from my team. They were a very knowledgeable group of hard working individuals.
Job security
Imaginging Processor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: night shift
Excellent work environment , not too many chances of job advancement

1 2 3 4 5

About City National Bank

City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $15.9 billion in total – Read more