City National Bank

City National Bank Employer Reviews

good place to work for upper management
Consumer Credit Officer - Private Banking (Current Employee), Century City, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: community charity, college scholarships
Cons: long hours, company politics
CNB is a stable, good place to work if you are willing to give up work/life balance. Compensation and benefits are good, but unless you are part of middle to upper management, it is quite difficult to move up in the company. I do like that the bank does a lot of community charity and offers the chance to apply for college scholarships to full time employees – more... kids. – less
Great
TELLER (Former Employee), MontgomeryJuly 31, 2014
The best place I've ever worked, but they didn't offer enough hours!
Productive and fun work place with great culture
Jr Admin/Help Desk II (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free checking account and great benefits
Cons: unfair salaries
Enjoyed working with the CNB team and extended my knowledge in the IT field. As per management they need to make several changes there as most employee's are not happy with their current vision.
Routine tasks
Banking Services Representative III (Former Employee), Downtown Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers, and the beautiful downtown la view
Cons: little vacation time, processing log!
A typical day was just paper work, and processing all day! No room for growth. I learn a lot about processing legal work with very little training, I learned as I processed. One out of the five managers I had was educated the others were just money driven. The hardest part about my job was the work load, the work was easy the load was excessive with – more... short deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing downtown view of the skylines, and my lovely co-workers. – less
Great Job
TELLER (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVJuly 18, 2014
I had to relocate back to Georgia for family reasons. Other than I would have stayed with this company. The banking industry is totally different but still the same in customer service and product selling.
Great team-mates. Enjoyed working with everyone
Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2014
Learned a lot about Regression Analysis through Tom Thomas. He showed us how to use theory and merge it real life business application
Pretty good overall
Sr. Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 7, 2014
Typical teller work, management is almost non existent, hardest part of the job is keeping busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Adequate amount of work
Small Claims Collection Agent (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 1, 2014
Pros: strong work environment
Cons: amount of meetings
I always had work to do which was good. There was not a lot of sitting around, the atmosphere was really productivity driven
Many opportunities to grow
Personal Banking Officer / AVP (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great employer with numerous growth opportunities
Cons: long drive to beverly hills
Loved working for City National Bank. I worked my way up from a loan assistant to Personal Banking Officer. I learned a lot from my team. They were a very knowledgeable group of hard working individuals.
Job security
Imaginging Processor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: night shift
Excellent work environment , not too many chances of job advancement
Great work environment
Private Banking Officer (Former Employee), Century City, CAMay 25, 2014
Stable company to work for. Supportive corporate environment.
Productive and great place to work.
Vice President/Senior Private Banker (Former Employee), Century City, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: promotes education for their employees.
I had a great experience working at City National Bank. The company provided me many opportunities to grow as an employee. Management supported me in my overall professional development. I had the opportunity to work with a wonderful team of colleagues with an incredible sense of customer service internally and externally.
Challenging work place
Teller (Current Employee), Beckley, WVMay 14, 2014
wait on customers and solving their issues.
co-workers are very nice and helpful.
I have reached my maximum potential for growth.
Business Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Studio City, CAApril 16, 2014
Went on to explore different opportunities for growth in a different field.
A great place to be
Portfolio Management Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Working for City National Bank, was a wonderful experience. As I spent 11 years in the same department, I grew with my co-workers. I made wonderful friends, learned a multitude of different procedures that are now my tools to move forward in my life.
Teller at City National Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Encino, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I was a teller at City National Bank. My daily duties included serving customers with their banking needs.
Great place for a college job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Yantis, TXFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of taking deposits and loan payments, balancing the drawer on an hourly basis, and answering customers questions. I learned how to work with the bank's computer software. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers. The hardest part of the job was having working with a supervisor who felt she was – more... overlooked for hiring me on due to the branch manager wanting me hired. – less
It was safe and typically quiet with workers
Phone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: regular set hours
I worked at the call center in the bank and it was a fast paced job with phones calls coming in all day. I was able to even get to know some on the customers by phone and had regulars. I have many memories of upbeat conversations and complaints turning into thanks.
GREAT BENEFIT COMPANY
UTILITY III (Current Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 9, 2014
THIS IS THE GREAT PART TIME JOB, MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKER ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH AND PERFECT SCHEDULE
Great Bank for Private Clients
Vice President and Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, good reputation
Cons: uncertainty regarding the bank's focus for growth
CNB is a great bank for clients considered Private Banking Clients. It was founded as a bank to the 'stars' with its headquarters located in Beverly Hills, CA. It was very good at catering to high net worth individuals. CNB also compensated their employees well in salary and benefits. A sales position was somewhat stressful requiring extended hours – more... frequently. A large turnover occurred in Management when the bank went through a major re-structuring to attempt to be more retail bank oriented. I left at that time as well but believe it is still doing well at the current time. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About City National Bank

City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $15.9 billion in total – Read more