City National Bank Employee Reviews

Its annoying
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2017
Everything is fine on paper. They are not technology savvy. Its like working for a1950 bank. What should take a day to do takes a week due to lack of technology
Professional Development
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 7, 2017
there are so many systems and processes. It's up to you to learn. Great place to learn and develop. Nothing is handed to you. You get to learn all aspects of banking
Stable company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
Lots of stability. Great work life balance. Very solid company with good benefits. There was some politics and the golden people can get away with anything they want. Training was very good.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Some favoritism
Good work/life balance.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
It is a mutual fund company. It is quite different from any brokerage firms. The management is good and flexible. The working environment is very open.
Poor Management
Relationship Banking Officer/Client Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2017
The issue with some of the managers in our district were not held accountable for their actions or what they would ask of their employees. Several times I tried to talk with my manager who almost always tried to blame others for issues she created.
productive
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 9, 2017
a typical day at work was customer service and providing solutions to any customer problems
i learned and gained experience what its like to work in a bank
management was excellent
work place culture was relaxed
hardest part of the job was the paperwork
enjoyable part was bringing smiles to the customers
Ever moving forward
Image Item Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2017
I am always learning something new on a daily basis. Currently under a new supervisor and hoping to learn a lot from him. Looking to advance. I am also a great trainer.
Pros
I work swing shift, so I am able to do errands during the day, shift differential.
Cons
I work the swing shift.
Friendly atmospher
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, OHJuly 5, 2017
I have always enjoyed working there. I would of went back if there was a position open. Everyone is helpful. Just an all around great work atmosphere.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work.
Branch Operations Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  344 17th Street Ashland, KY 41101June 22, 2017
A typical is doing the work you are assigned to do on a daily basis. I have learned more about policies and procedures from an auditing standpoint. Management is very open-door. Culture is great. The hardest part of the job is being on the road for audits. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see and meet the other employees at our different locations.
Great company with a niche business that offers high touch service to its clients!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2017
This is a classy company that values relationships that not only include its customers but its colleagues. They are very stable and are growing. There is a lot of opportunity for new associates to grow with this company as they pride themselves on promoting their internal colleagues.
Pros
stable growing company with excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
not as large as other bigger banks
A growing bank
Regulatory Reporting Specialist CCAR, AVP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
Depending on which business group you work for, the hours can be flexible and the bank is trying to move towards being a bit more flexible with telecommuting.
Great niche bank with a wonderful co-workers who are knowledgeable
Assistant VP, Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2017
-knowledgeable managers and co-workers
-lots of stress and unattainable goals unless you are in a very high-net worth area.
-people are great and they invest in good training for complete understanding of systems and future goals.
Difficult culture.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Unknown Gulch, IDMay 31, 2017
Management is typical traditional white male and everyone serves that picture of hierarchy. Though there is diversity, attempts to enrich, enlist or celebrate it are disingenuous and feel forced.
Pay is substandard, with little and slow growth opportunity. I've known people to quit and come back to a higher position as that was the only way to achieve the higher pay and status.
The work is not challenging but the politics are.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
No work-life balance.
Management by Fear
Vice President / Senior Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 20, 2017
My teammates were great. However, there is no work / life balance at this employer. Employees work with a constant fear that they will make a mistake. Employees are subject to being scapegoats.
Pros
Good benefits
Poor Management with no interest in mentoring / advancing internal employees.
Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
Hopefully, now that RBC has taken over there will be change. Currently management is stagnant and internal upward mobility is not encouraged or promoted.
Pros
Standard bankers hours / holidays
Cons
Poor management / mentoring
decent place
Portfolio analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2017
Work is pretty hands-off in that you can set your own schedules. They are very accommodating of special circumstances and do not force you to do anything you cannot or will not do.
Pros
down town la
Cons
down town la
Poor "Team"
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
I am reviewing according to my experience at the *only* Manhattan branch. Staff is extremely unprofessional in that location, loads of gossip and demeaning tone and behavior to one another; I mean it's OUTRAGEOUS and sad. While "being welcomed" at the location I was greeted with a co-worker that twisted my words around to the ABM which was then followed by a confrontation, what a way to greet a new employer! And let's not forget the new hire that quit during his training a few days in. Terrible place!
Pros
Cons
Too much to be said
Great!
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Wonderful people. Great experience working with the best people in California. Great experience really. Definitely did a lot of work there.
Great colleagues
Assistant Vice President, Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with all the colleagues I've met at the bank. The workplace culture is great as evidenced by the many tenured employees within all divisions throughout the Bank.
Cnb
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I have learned a lot. It has been a great experience. I love my team. Every day is different you are usually always busy. Glad I came to City National Bank when I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.