CITY SPORTS Employee Reviews

Decent job for a college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Easy and enjoyable workplace. Gave several oppurtunities for pay increases and incentives based on performance. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt, or else i would have remained an employee.
The production and marketing of new styles of good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at City Sports not only for the fashion but I love to communcate and meet new people I enyjoy that I was able to support and give people a chance to have different kind of styles of fashion to give them a chance to express themsleves.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
Fun Working Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 16, 2016
Prioritize
Maintain sales trends
Shipping and receiving
Assist store management
Ring on cash register and assist in all departments

As a Manager I enjoyed working with my fellow associates and training them to move up in ranks.Knowing the process of taking in merchandise and dealing with the money and banks. Learning your top sellers and top items.To treat all my associates how i was taught to be treated made the work place a fun place but a serious business to be in.The hardest part of the job was learning the business in and out of the business and working as a team with all the stores,district managers,and knowing all the technology need in the business Loving everything you do means your staff and especially your customer/guest will have a great experience that keeps the coming back to you and will know your name.
Pros
long lunches, great pay, great customers
Not the best work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  11612 marshfieldNovember 12, 2016
Very unprofessional and rude place of business! Manager doesnt care about you or the customer. He pockets most of your money. Especially on jordans! If i were anyone i would not go to city sports in Chicago!!!
Cons
NO break
Cool People
Sales Associate/Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2016
Management was not the best. Stocking, Customer Service, Register greeting customers, assisting with finding items in store and best item to their need or additional items to maximize performance during playing sport.
Pros
knowledge of items and discounts
Cons
no phone on floor, short breaks, management.
Would have been great if it didn't close abruptly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  60 West 48th Street, New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
It was typical retail work, and they always offered to teach about new products or skills. Right before my raise, the entire chain closed down. Other than that it was very nice working there. I had a lot of fun.
Caring & Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 9, 2016
City Sports was a sports merchandise retail store scattered throughout the Northeast. The company employed the best personalities it could to work on the floor to bring customers the best service possible.
Fast paced workplace with an ever changing customer base.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
The store being located so close to the wall street bull brought in a lot of tourists to the store. It also brought in the workers from wall street that used to come in on lunch breaks and such.
A day at city sports
Sale person (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2016
My days at city sports was challenge due to the fact of old employees. Over controlling and disrespectful. I learned the difference between both shoe company far as order and structure. Foot action is more expand across the world with getting what you need a decent time frame.
It was an alright job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
The pay was terrible the management was irresponsible and the location ended up being closed. A typical day at work was boring, and there was not much to do.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20910April 29, 2016
Wasn't a bad place to work at part time while i'm in school, fit my schedule, and had the best co workers while my time there!
Great people to work with with great environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
Sadly the company filled for bankruptcy

I loved the people I worked with and I moved within the company by working hard and creating a name for myself.

Pay was not good.

Ive learned everything from City Sports and the best part if working for such a small company was being able to work closely with CEO and Directors.
Pros
learned a lot from great people
Cons
pay and very small annual raises
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMarch 12, 2016
It is a great place to work and gain knowledge of so many wonderful products. The reps from different brands would give you free product and teach you about all their different technologies that set them apart from everyone else.
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 29, 2016
My manager was amazing, my co-workers were a blast to work with, and the company was supportive without being overbearing, the only reason I left was because I moved away.
fun place to work, clean environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 3, 2016
head manager was not too experienced with running a company, also had a little bit of an attitude and treated his emloyers differently depending on friendships. Most of co-workers were easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was an encounter with a customer who was not patient and my favorite part of the job was to sell shoes to customers.
City Sports is closed
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2016
City Sports was a great company to work for with great people. The company has gone out of business and is permanently closed.
Fun Sporting Goods Store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 26, 2015
Pretty typical for a retail job, sold lots of stuff. Staff was always fun and friendly and enjoyable to be around. Always had lots of fun at work, unless there was nothing to do.
Awesome place to work
Apparel Lead/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2015
This was such an awesome place to work. The managers were very nice and welcoming. The customers were very interesting being as though they were most visitors from other states and countries!
Pros
discount
Cons
going out of business
Not the greatest place to work
FOOTWEAR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2015
This company was great when I had first started working there. Upon hiring a new CEO, the company quickly became a place I no longer wanted to work. Managers and other sales associates soon began to find employment elsewhere, myself included.
Pros
Great co-workers, I learned a lot
Cons
They went out of business.
City Sports is not a job, is a family.
Warehouse Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 21, 2015
Over 14 years working at City Sports, I have grown so much both personal and professional. What i enjoy the most, is the people I work with. A great group of people who have some much enthusiasm about the brand.
Management is always supportive and allowed me to develop into the person I am today.
Would be sad to leave but I'm willing to take on new challenges and meet new people.
Pros
City Sports is a family
Cons
Benefits, Economy has hurt the brand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY SPORTS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8