CITY SPORTS

CITY SPORTS Employer Reviews

Productive and Very Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great people and management
Cons: part time positions, lack of hours due to nature of the job, no benefits or much over time, paid hourly
City Sports is a great company to work for, great people and fantastic working environment! The atmosphere at work is friendly and everyone is really easy to get along with. Everyday tasks are accomplished as a team and individual tasks can be easily completed. Management are always keen to help out and get involved with everyday activities and delegate were its needed.
Ecellent job that gets you in touch with different customers in an engaing and fun atmosphere
STOCK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 7, 2014
Pros: 3point5 discount deals on brands/ flexability with scheduling
Cons: with any retail job its tough dealing with so many different people, such as dealing with theft issues since its located in downtown boston
City Sports is a great company for some who is looking for a customer service job where you can go above and beyond. With a friendly staff and management who take care of their employees, City Sports is an excellent place for someone with great customer service skills and looking for advancement.

On a typical day your customers range but this always keeps you on your toes. Recommending the city sports outlet is sure to put a smile on someone's face who is looking for a good deal.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that the staff is so friendly and engaging and its almost like working with your family.

Tough part about the job is most of the staff is still in school so scheduling can be a tough area and coverage due to projects and exams can leave the store understaffed at times.
Loss Prevention Lead Detective (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: ot is avaible management doesn't micro manage
Cons: long hours during holidays
I enjoyed working at City sports as a Loss Prevention Lead Detective. The LP guys in corporate will back you in any situation and are very helpful. The salary and benefits are good
Fun Place To Work
associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2014
Good place to work if you are interested in running and active lifestyle
Fun workplace loved the people that came in and shooped
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: pros were alot of famous people came in and it was exciting
Cons: cons were the shifts where hard typical shift was a 12 hour day.
Typical day at work was keeping area clean and selling cloths. I learned how to talk to customers and sell items. My management was ok he was pretty fair. My coworkers were fun great to be around. The hardest part were the shift there were days where you stood for 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part was the discount on cloths.
City Sports
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
City Sports, a specialty sporting goods store is a place where things happen. A typical day would include assisting customers in their choice of sporting good apparel, equipment or footwear, providing insight about your personal experience in sporting activities making you a personable and hospitable associate and reliable to the customer, seeking new opportunities to marketing merchandise and spread news about the many promotions we have and increase sales.
Fast paced, diverse, fun enviornment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
This job allowed me to gain an abundance of product knowledge and educate the customer on different items. The staff works really well together and managers are also assisting customers as well. I enjoy the culture of the store. The hardest part is the language barrier.
productive and enjoyable work area.
Salesman (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: flexable hours, great discount
Cons: nothing negative to say
. very busy ,friendly co-workers. learned a lot about different workout apperal. esp. running shoes.
Its about the customer.
Footwear Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2014
The most enjoyable aspects of my job is seeing my customers and associates smile. A typical day at City Sports consists of creating a team atmosphere where I motivate my staff to treat our customers as if they were helping their own family members. performing a gait analysis and informing customers about various products is rewarding, as well as ensuring my staff members exhaust every option possible to guarantee customer satisfaction.
learn alot about sports, health and its equipment.
Sales, Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
learned about sneakers shoes and whats good for jogging muscle development and overall health.
Former Manager
Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2013
Pros: free product, fun co workers, great friends
Cons: corporate, treated with no respect, no one says thank you
I was a manager for City Sports for a few years and it started off great. There were multiple managers on my team at first (always 4 or 5 at every store) but then it slowly became REQUIRED 9 hour shifts (I got paid salary for only 40hrs a week, not 45) with only 2 managers at every store and then key holders. The key holders were essentially managers that got paid half as much. I felt bad about how taken advantage they were.

There is nothing but negative reinforcement. Even if the store looked beautiful, people from corporate would come in and bash something. Nothing was ever good enough. It seems the only people that move up are because they were favored by someone at the office. Most of the time they had zero skills or qualifications.

At the store level, my manager team tried to make it a great work environment by not letting the constant negativity from higher up effect our attitudes. I did learn a lot of valuable management experience but the moment I finished school and was able to get a new job I was done. This company is failing fast and there is very little opportunity for advancement or even raises. They treat everyone so poorly it's a joke. If you want a retail job, choose somewhere else.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoOctober 28, 2013
A typical day of worked involved interaction with over 200 customers a day. I've learned a lot in customer service / satisfaction while working here. Co-workers are very proactive and engaging. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the customer leaves satisfied with more confidence and overall satisfaction.
Progressive working environment, a lot of influential team members and others, fun work place.
Customers Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montego Bay, JAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free luches
Cons: healthcare
a typical day would be fun and productive, learn to always be persuasive, kind, loving and hard working. Excellent management, relatively close staffs, work condition was at average ( wasn't ethic ), and at-least 5/7 days of the week would be exciting and forwarding.
Did not feel comfortable on this environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dedham, MAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: i love the sports feeling
Cons: managers and other employees were unfriendly, short breaks, no hours
Come in to work, clock in, then hit the floor to help customers. Trying to stay busy cause store manager was always breathing down my back. Assisting customers with their needs and suggesting the best. Stocking shelves.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Radnor, PAJune 27, 2013
Everyone is friendly that works there, alot of different customers that you have to deal with
Dedicated Customer Service Representative motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success. Customer Service Representati
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2013
Researched, calmed and rapidly resolved client conflicts to prevent loss of key accounts.

Exceeded corporate target for customer satisfaction for [6] months in a row.

Managed call flow with up to [300] calls in queue per minute.
Great place to work and interact with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 10, 2013
Increased knowledge of wider range of textile materials in the active wear industry: finishes, thermal
fibers, lightweight fabrics adapted for different types of movement and climate.
Unfortunate change
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2013
I can say that my review of this company has changed greatly from the time i have started to now. It used to be a good company to work for but due to the poor economy and new management this company is going straight down hill. Cutting off incentives and hours with no heads up, makes working hear a pretty miserable experience. I have been fortunate that the people i work with directly have been pleasant, but upper management has been a colossal downfall to this company. Not only have coworkers seen the change our long term costumers have seen it too.
always a great team
Store Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2012
the company really focuses on bring in the right team members and not just bodies.
if you are into fitness, this is for you
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: micromanagement
Company is ok for fitness geeks. Pretty relaxed culture with cool co-workers who care for each other.