CITY SPORTS Employee Reviews

City Sports
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2017
City Sports is not where you go to advance your career. It is a job for teenagers that are either in high school or high school graduate. The company does not allow growth. This is a job to get your feet wet in the working world.
This place is closed for business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2017
The regional manager had his favorites. I worked my butt off and he allowed a shoe manager to become the store manager. She didn't like that the staff respected me more and made some excuse to get me fired.
lack of ownership invovlement
Food and Beverage Manager, Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 4, 2017
Ownership does not like confrontation. When advised about some managers and staff were giving free food and alcohol to friends, he did nothing about the issue. Later when informed that one of the " friends " sat in the bar for hours getting free drinks, left the business, hit an employee's car and left the scene, he just shrugged his shoulders. Even though this could be grounds that jeopardize the liquor license.
Pros
great food
Cons
ownership didn't cate
city sport store
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJuly 31, 2017
I like working there and like there stuff i said went out busneiess and i like working with the people there and hours also. THat store good for people to shop aay/
Productive safe place for people of all walks of life to be employed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
When first starting at City Sports I was very shy and timid. Though some training I grew into a "social butterfly". Interacting with customers I became a friendlier more helpful salesman.
City Sports
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 13, 2017
A normal day for me at City Sports would be starting to take out the trash. Then I would continue to clean up the mens bathroom and showers and follow up with the womens bathrooms. After cleans the bathrooms I would clean off all the equipment.
Miss this Place!
Footwear/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
Awesome brand and culture. It was a neighborhood staple. Perfect blend of small company and coporate. If the brand ever came back I would be the first to apply!
the city sports
SALES ASSOCIATE - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I had eye surgery after being attacked when i recovered from surgery i was given a hard time to come back and get my position back within a month. Great company a few terrible people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
crazy schedules
Fun place to work
Sales/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
It's "Okay" if you're young, This job really isnt for someone over 40 years old..I enjoyed working there as a teen.. not much of a career type job.. it's good for extra cash
Nice place to work
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2017
This place of business is nice. It has its up and downs but could be better. The customers are mainly the problem due to the area of the neighborhood.
trainer
Basketball Trainer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMarch 28, 2017
basketball trainer. teach kids drills. supervise. Nice boss. get to play basketball all day. not many hours on weekdays. fun. minimum wage pay. worth it for a few bucks.
Fun and entertaining workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
City sports is a great workplace if you like clothes and shoes, of a name brand variety. People that shop there are energetic and bring a different vibe than any other place that I have worked.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Pay sucks
Decent job for a college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Easy and enjoyable workplace. Gave several oppurtunities for pay increases and incentives based on performance. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt, or else i would have remained an employee.
The production and marketing of new styles of good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at City Sports not only for the fashion but I love to communcate and meet new people I enyjoy that I was able to support and give people a chance to have different kind of styles of fashion to give them a chance to express themsleves.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
Fun Working Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 16, 2016
Prioritize
Maintain sales trends
Shipping and receiving
Assist store management
Ring on cash register and assist in all departments

As a Manager I enjoyed working with my fellow associates and training them to move up in ranks.Knowing the process of taking in merchandise and dealing with the money and banks. Learning your top sellers and top items.To treat all my associates how i was taught to be treated made the work place a fun place but a serious business to be in.The hardest part of the job was learning the business in and out of the business and working as a team with all the stores,district managers,and knowing all the technology need in the business Loving everything you do means your staff and especially your customer/guest will have a great experience that keeps the coming back to you and will know your name.
Pros
long lunches, great pay, great customers
Not the best work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  11612 marshfieldNovember 12, 2016
Very unprofessional and rude place of business! Manager doesnt care about you or the customer. He pockets most of your money. Especially on jordans! If i were anyone i would not go to city sports in Chicago!!!
Cons
NO break
Cool People
Sales Associate/Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2016
Management was not the best. Stocking, Customer Service, Register greeting customers, assisting with finding items in store and best item to their need or additional items to maximize performance during playing sport.
Pros
knowledge of items and discounts
Cons
no phone on floor, short breaks, management.
Would have been great if it didn't close abruptly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  60 West 48th Street, New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
It was typical retail work, and they always offered to teach about new products or skills. Right before my raise, the entire chain closed down. Other than that it was very nice working there. I had a lot of fun.
Caring & Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 9, 2016
City Sports was a sports merchandise retail store scattered throughout the Northeast. The company employed the best personalities it could to work on the floor to bring customers the best service possible.
Fast paced workplace with an ever changing customer base.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
The store being located so close to the wall street bull brought in a lot of tourists to the store. It also brought in the workers from wall street that used to come in on lunch breaks and such.