CITY THRIFT

CITY THRIFT Employee Reviews

Atypical, odd, and shady place to work at
Utilities (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2015
Pros: workers discount on stuff that was already cheap in the beginning
The security is horrible as there were robberies from employees as well as customers at least once a week and it was known that many of the workers enjoyed lazing around and had very shady business going on while working their jobs.
Good job for entry level worker
Sorter/Hanger (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
The management was not very professional. The work was very basic but the crew was very productive and supportive. It was an experience and taught a lot of patience.
productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: management
I enjoy working at City Thrift everyday is something different. I've learned a lot of new things from working here such as how to thrift and what comes with it.
Long days
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: favoritism, not good management
I did not like working for them. There was favoritism. I did like the customers that were there regularly. I got keys to open and close the store within almost 6 months.
cashier, fast paced environment
cashier (Current Employee), jacksonville, flJanuary 6, 2015
ok job, didnt really have a stable schedule. friendly coworkers.
Excellet opportunity to experiece how the thrit store industry works
PRODUCTION CREW (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: no incentive to produce, low pay for really hard work
Hardest physical job I ever had. Objective was to place as much product on the floor as possible within a 8 hr shift. Two 15min breaks and 30min lunch. My first experience in production labor, hard work.

Co workers were good people who all worked hard for min wage, not a penny more. No real incentive to produce beyond a "good job" comment rarely given by management. I was able to see potential in some of my co workers...wasted on the production line.

Biggest disappointment...donations that came in the back door never to make to the floor. Expensive high ticket items "disappeared". It was obvious what was going on but no one spoke up. Most people donating believing the AMVETS were benefiting when in reality they received a minimal 20% of profit.

Best part of the Job...The customers! What a variety of people, from the regulars to the first timers. it was my pleasure to have met them all.
productive and fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at City Thrift is having good conversations with customers, helping them find whatever they are looking for. The people there are very helpful and nice.
Stress free work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 11, 2014
 -Greeted customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their need
 -Responded to customers questions and requests in a prompt and efficient manner
 -Completed all cleaning, stocking and organizing task in the assigned sales area
Pricer/Tagger (Former Employee), jackson tnJune 4, 2014
I love working with customers they are very friendly. I learned how to sort. The hardest part about the job when we had to unload the truck. I enjoyed working with this company everyone is friendly and willing to help out.
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2014
Pros: regular hours
this was a very easy going fast paced job that kept you going all the time interesting people not only employees but customers as well great management and easy to do work
Productive work place
Sales (Former Employee), Tupelo,MSNovember 8, 2013
Typical work day would be just going through items and setting them out or being on the cash register
it is a good work place but the management and coworkers are dishonest
Cashier/Customer Service,floor supervisor (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good customers
Cons: no healthcare and dishonest management and co-workers
at city thrift i would go in and make sure all monies are right for the cashiers and all bank deposits are not short,i check the sales floor making sure all is good and in place,also check the restrooms on an hourly basis making sure its clean for my customers,i also help out on the floor, helping cashiers and putting out merchandise for sale.I learned that even when you work hard there are still some people who are not honest. The most enjoyable part of my job are the customers satisfaction.
Very little experience
Assist Customers (Former Employee), Memphis TnMay 25, 2012
Its was not opprotunties for advancement here. I only assisted customers with purchases to their car and had to clean the store and keep itemas organized.
Really fun place to work at!
Volunteer (Current Employee), Bend, ORFebruary 16, 2012
If you like helping people, then this is the place for you. The director & book keeper are absolutely fantastic to volunteer with!