CITY THRIFT Employee Reviews

The Worst place to work
Former Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Management sucks! They are very rude at times. Don't care or value their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers daily. The job is very easy. Management shows a lot of favoritism. Point system for attendance sucks. You get 3 points you're out. Stuck up managers and supervisors are very childish. If you did your job well you do everybody elses. Supervisors do what they want while others are working their butts off! Would not reccommend this job to anyone!
Pros
free lunches on sale days
Cons
poor management and pay
Hidden agendas and backstabbing children
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 1, 2016
No raises and a day spent with a manager standing over you demanding you do more. Manager has favorites and if you don kiss butt you won't last. If one of the favorites don't like you, they set you up to get fired. People stealing and no one cares unless they want to get rid of them. People donate stuff with blood and bugs and you have to touch without gloves. If you do work here, don't talk to anyone because everyone is out to get you if it means they can run to the boss and get patted on the head.
Pros
Cons
You can't trust anyone and no money for hard work.
Customer service a must
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
If you like people, this place is a great place to work as customer service is a must. Management is professional and works well with others. Very friendly
I think i would rather eat glass than go back.
Redacted (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 24, 2017
Management is an absolute joke here and you WILL be treated like garbage on a daily basis. No matter what you just finished or how fast you finished it you did it wrong.
Could use better management.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 20, 2017
The management there could use a lot of work. We are understaffed and over worked for our pay rate. Many customers have complained due to lack of cashiers.
Horrible work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2017
The work place was horrible. There were rodents, roaches, everything you could think of. The workers were rude to customers, the management was beyond poor. We were terribly understaffed as well.
Review
Hanger (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2016
Good job but co-workers are not so good . But has benefits after working one year , have to be fast-paced , focus .I would recommend working there but stay to yourself.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great Hours
loved my job
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 12, 2017
i loved the job and the people that I worked with. We felt like family. it was very productive in the day time but at night it was more calm and i was always able to recover the store for the next morning.
Pros
free holiday meals
City Thrift
Rack Runner (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32117December 6, 2016
City Thrift was a work friendly environment. Co-workers were professional and there were multiple interactions with the customers which gave a family oriented feeling.
management sucks
Racker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 10, 2016
it sucked because 20 racks a day is complete nonsense. a lot of past employers agreed that was the hardest part. the best part was meeting some new friends there, and i learned dont trust anybody, cause they will turn their back on u
It is a production job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 19, 2016
It is a typical production job. Some examples of production jobs are a cashier, a sorter, hanger, working in shoes, running clothes, pricing, tagging or sizing clothes.
Cons
Best job I've had in years
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 6, 2016
Best job I've had in years. I learned a lot more about time management and organization. i liked the people and sale days.
it is a good work place but the management and coworkers are dishonest
Cashier/Customer Service,floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 3, 2012
at city thrift i would go in and make sure all monies are right for the cashiers and all bank deposits are not short,i check the sales floor making sure all is good and in place,also check the restrooms on an hourly basis making sure its clean for my customers,i also help out on the floor, helping cashiers and putting out merchandise for sale.I learned that even when you work hard there are still some people who are not honest. The most enjoyable part of my job are the customers satisfaction.
Pros
good customers
Cons
no healthcare and dishonest management and co-workers
Excellet opportunity to experiece how the thrit store industry works
PRODUCTION CREW (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FloridaSeptember 2, 2014
Hardest physical job I ever had. Objective was to place as much product on the floor as possible within a 8 hr shift. Two 15min breaks and 30min lunch. My first experience in production labor, hard work.

Co workers were good people who all worked hard for min wage, not a penny more. No real incentive to produce beyond a "good job" comment rarely given by management. I was able to see potential in some of my co workers...wasted on the production line.

Biggest disappointment...donations that came in the back door never to make to the floor. Expensive high ticket items "disappeared". It was obvious what was going on but no one spoke up. Most people donating believing the AMVETS were benefiting when in reality they received a minimal 20% of profit.

Best part of the Job...The customers! What a variety of people, from the regulars to the first timers. it was my pleasure to have met them all.
Pros
The customers
Cons
No incentive to produce, low pay for REALLY hard work
production was easy but sometimes unrealistic goals were expected
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 9, 2015
I wouldn't work there or advise other people too. You get paid every two weeks..if you happen to get hired on a week they get paid you have to wait three weeks before getting your check. The women there are completely childish, they compete and harrass you over everything. It smells bad there. You can run into moldy items, black widows a lot of spiders and they even had snakes before. You deal with a lot of digging into bags that were donated so you don't really know if your going to get dirty items suck as with body waste on them and anything from throw up to bloody panties. In the winter its super cold in the summer its extremely hot!
Pros
free saftey lunches if you get through the whole month accident free.
Cons
childish drug using people, almost all the people who work their were in rehab or on drugs.
nice store location
Clothing Sorter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 9, 2016
Keep a count of the number of racks cleared, sort through bags of donations, assist with inventory, sales floor, and register. Everyone helps where need everyone leaves together.
Good job for entry level worker
Sorter/Hanger (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
The management was not very professional. The work was very basic but the crew was very productive and supportive. It was an experience and taught a lot of patience.
Long days
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
I did not like working for them. There was favoritism. I did like the customers that were there regularly. I got keys to open and close the store within almost 6 months.
Pros
laid back
Cons
favoritism, not good management
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoy working at City Thrift everyday is something different. I've learned a lot of new things from working here such as how to thrift and what comes with it.
Pros
great environment
Cons
management
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2014
this was a very easy going fast paced job that kept you going all the time interesting people not only employees but customers as well great management and easy to do work
Pros
regular hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY THRIFT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9