City University of New York Employee Reviews

Good to work
BI & Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
The day starts with a smiling colleagues with nice environment its very good place to work and to learn much with tech, management is pretty good they alwasy support
Productive work environment
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2016
Work place that promote inclusion and also a wonderfully productive and fun place to work. Plenty room for upward mobility which the Institution also promotes
Great Work/Life Balance - Terrible Pay
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
This place has great potential, but there needs to be a major shakeup in the organization for anything substantive to change. Salaries are on the low end. Managers are not empowered to handle difficult employees because of the unions.
Pros
Health benefits, vacation and sick time, co-workers
Cons
No salary increases of any kind if the right people don't like you
Special regions program, office of the vice chancellor (2015)
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
-Capitalized on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking data gathering through interviews and / or field observations, along with spearheading data compilation and data entry initiatives, as well as efficiently performing targeted data analysis.
-Maximized use of resources to accomplish objectives by scheduling and coordinating meetings and other special events.
Pros
Could work remotely
Cons
NONE
Financial Aid
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT / FISCAL MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
The environment here at CUNY is very warm and friendly. We are responsible for monitoring the Title IV programs and ensure that all eligible students are being paid.
Compensation sucks
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 28, 2016
I guess if you are in college and u need additional income its ok, but for an adult that actually has bills to pay, I wouldn't recommend it, you just wont make enough. On the bright side, you get to work with professor and professionals and learn a lot
Great Potential
Assist Director Student Financial Aid Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Wonderful co-workers loved new challenges but management is not very supportive. Has great potential to be vital part of NYC community. However, there is little promotion possibilities within the organization with only management receiving pay and title raises.
Fun workplace
IT Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
Every day a new challenge. Knowing that your work will help future students to achieve their goals more easily is a priceless reward that only jobs in higher education can provide.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salaries below average
Productive and many opportunity for educational success.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 15, 2016
On a typical day, I come in with a postive mindset and punctual manner. There is always something new to learn. I love to be diligent with my job and work in a professional and organized environment. The library I work for has many different departments which I have the great opportunity to learn the different functions of a college Library. There is room for growth. It helped to update my computer and office skills and learn new systems such as Aldeph and Outlook. I enjoy helping students with research, shelf reading, and training student aides. My job as a library Assistant helped me to gain more confidence with dealing with patrons and faculty. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with aggressive, impatient students. But no matter the circumstance, I am patient and bring professionalism to the job.
Pros
Positive relationships, educational oppurtunities.
Cons
Short breaks, aggressive patrons, low pay, expensive lunches, not enough vacation time.
great work place
Campus Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2016
This was a temporary appointment, working in the college campus to keep all faculty, students and visitors safe. also being vigilant because there was a beach on campus as well.
Work study student
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  250 Bedford Park BlvdJuly 9, 2016
I was a work study employee so my job was seasonal as needed, but for the most part it was a helpful to me. Sorry I have nothing else to add.
Pros
Get to interact with a variety of people.
Cons
Was work study so it was not long term.
fun
College Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
Supervising children. Management very friendly. Stable pay and hours given. Most enjoyable part was that it was in my college. No traveling.
Teaching
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
I enjoy teaching, since it lets me share my knowledge to upcoming graduates who are going to move forward in life.

Solving complex problems, writing efficient algorithms is crucial to any software engineer.
Really great place with a lot of potential
Manager of Strategic Projects (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
Talented IT professionals make up a great team.
Salary structures are fairly low.
Depending on who your boss is, you can have a lot of latitude to make independent decisions.
A wonderful university to work for.
Adjunct Professor/Director of Literacy Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2016
There was an amazing sense of people wanting to learn as much as they could in a great environment. They really helped me in my development as a person, and educator.
Fun place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
enhanced skillset, fun place, good supervisors, great co-workers, challenging environment, nice, good salary, finance, budgeting , flexible timings, good location
Good work conditions
Assistant Director/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 25, 2016
I had excellent co-workers who I consider like my family, good athmosphere, excellent bosses. I worked there for almost 20 years.
Cashier
Work Study- IT Consultant at Admissions Office (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 14, 2016
Just Checking out items as the customer buys. Basically customer Service, answer phone calls. and sometimes Sales floor.
Fun Interacting with students,staff,the public, busy all day
Campus Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  205 E 42 St New York, ny 10017May 12, 2016
The environment of the company was great. Dealing with the students staff and public was awesome. the benefits was excellent. management was good. co workers was ok.
Pros
Wonderful work environment
Cons
30 minutes lunches
i enjoyed working with students
French Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2016
Mentoring 10 to 15 tutees and helping them overcome anxiety associated with learning French
● Instructing Grammar, Vocabulary and pronunciation rules in all level of French
● Enhancing overall performance of 10 tutees per week through motivate exercises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City University of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

City University of New York Reviews by Location