City Wide Maintenance Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome Company & Great Environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2016
City Wide is a wonderful place to develop your career, the culture of the company is important and hard work is rewarded. The company has room for growth, and is very supportive of their employees personal and professional development. I enjoy going to work each day and appreciate the positive environment in which I can thrive.
mostly busy all day
Janitorial/Custodial (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2016
Just clean restrooms and canteen and take trash out most of the day. It was friendly there and my boss he was a great guy. It just didn't goes so well at the end of the job.
Outstanding Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2016
This is a great company to be a part of, especially if you looking to move up. The opportunities are available here to achieve your professional goals. The bar is set high but all goals are attainable with hard work and dedication. This is the best company I've worked for in 25 years.
Pros
Teamwork and work ethic
Hardworking and light-hearted company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Daytona, FLJune 29, 2016
City Wide is truly a great company to work for. They care about all of their employees and are dedicated to their company values and business model. I do not regret choosing them as my employer.
Pros
Friendly environment
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2016
I loved working for this company.

True team work mentality.

Great hours and pay.

Family oriented.

Most Weekends are off.
Account Management
Facilities Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 16, 2016
On Call 24/7. Compliments are few and far between.

Work comes first, family second. Though their company "values" say otherwise.

Management is not willing to listen to problems, you are told that EVERYTHING can be fixed with a band-aid of some sort. Tough industry to begin with but worse when Sales and Operations don't communicate well.

You are responsible for things that are completely out of your direct control.
Pros
Different environments daily
Cons
Your efforts are rarely rewarded with a sincere praise, The bar is constantly unattainable due to management not being realistic
Not good
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 11, 2016
I worked for this company. Manager was very unprofessional. Manager did not tell the truth. Very two face. This company does not care about their employees. All they cared about was sucking up to their clients.
Pros
Cons
Joke
More Than an Employee
Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2016
When you work for City Wide you are more than an Employee you become part of a family. The only thing you have to do to be a success is to ACTUALLY do your job! Really a Great Place to work.
Pros
Great Support System, Team Atmosphere, Open Door Policy with Mangers/Bosses
Cons
N/A
A great job for self-motivated individuals - Portland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 19, 2016
I found my time at City Wide of Portland (about a year and a half) to be immensely constructive and beneficial for me professionally and personally. The owners are passionate about helping people and developing their team. Learning how to emphasize with others and making quick businesses connections are just two great life skills you'll learn on this job!

*Not a job for the lazy or those who need to be micro managed to stay on task.
Pros
Spend time outside, form relationships with local businesses, freedom to manage your own time, happy hour meetings, lots of support, every day provides opportunities to grow your interpersonal skills
Cons
there is an initial learning curve for those not trained in sales, you will face a lot of rejection (this is uncomfortable for people not used to getting a "no")
If you like working 18 hrs a day...
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2016
Fight to keep your job, little return, over saturated market with unrealistic goals, lose your commission if you don't have enough activity
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Friendly Co Workers
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2016
They are a crooked company and will do anything to get you fired if they don't like you. I remember one time I had ask for a day off a week and a couple days before the day I requested off and they said they didn't get my voicemail and then when that day came I had requested off I had work that day because they never got back to me confirming that I had that day off or not. So when the day had ended one of the supervisor told me I was suppose to be there and I told them well nobody told me that I wasn't suppose to be there. And then that next week I had got fired for leaving some cardboard boxes behind and I never had got a write up or never been late to work or nothing I was always on time and did my job.
The management is alright just lack of employees at buildings.
Then they put you on there union that don't do nothing for you but just take money out of your check for nothing.
Cons
No Breaks, Lack of employees, crooked
Stress
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2014
Not a good company to work for. no room for advancement, drive alot which destroys car.
Worst company to work with
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 18, 2013
RIPOFFS. the worst thing happen to me working for this company. They don't even hire people to actually clean buildings, shampoo carpets or anything that has to with maintaining the buildings. They sub it out to other companies and the only thing they do is manage their accounts, which they can't even do that right. They ripoff sub contractors and their CLIENTS.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Exceptional team-oriented environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAApril 16, 2013
Sales and Operation teams operate within a strong ethical framework.

Flexible, family-oriented workplace
Personal autonomy but little support
Facilities Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHAugust 16, 2012
Work day: Travel to accounts, take client supply inventory, order supplies, speak to clients and assess services, take notes of building conditions, send notes to cleaning contractors, speak to contractors about performance, hire/fire contractors, product research, deliver supplies to clients, manage special projects, perform office paperwork, write sales quotations.

What I learned is that a I required more support staff assistant to perform my job effectively. My greatest skill I gained was client relationship building.

My coworkers were good people overall and I am still in contact with them, but sales people come at a high turnover.

The hardest part of my job was juggling my priorities.

The most enjoyable part of job was completing a special project that the client was pleased with the result.
Pros
somewhat flexible shedule
Cons
not enough support, no night manager
City Wide was a great company to work for. This was a temporary assignment and I really hated it had to end.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa KSJuly 22, 2012
Typical day= answering phones, distribute mail, bind proposals for sales exectives, bind new hire orientation training manuals, answer emails for president, faxed documents, lamanated name badges, create excel spreadsheets for H/R use. I learned that administrative assistant can mean anything. Everyone I worked with was very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not knowing enough about marketing and creating web designs to help the president more. The most enjoyable thing about the job was meeting new people and being able to complete so many projects that will make H/R's job easier
Not a very good work place
Day Janitor (Former Employee) –  kansas cityJuly 12, 2012
This is not a good place to work for. They don't pay well for the work that they want you to do. They also mess up on payroll so sometimes you checks come up short.