City and County of Broomfield Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 28, 2017
One of the best counties to work for. Meet tons of good co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and working in a great city and county.
Pros
Good Work/Life
Cons
No advancement
fun caring place to work
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2017
I love getting to know all the kids and play with them. It can be challenging but I love the regulars and love watching how excited they get to coming back to play.
Great Part time job
Program Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 6, 2015
Wonderful part time job for additional income. I have a great manager and a flexible schedule. I've seen few opportunities for full time employment.
Good First Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Server, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 30, 2014
I have worked for Broomfield as a lifeguard and swim instructor for several years now. It is a great place to start out, because young people can easily be taken advantage of by their employers, but Broomfield protects its' employees. However, the majority of lifeguards are high school age kids, and therefore there is quite a bit of high school drama and cliques. The pool managers are also young, and this sometimes results in them picking favorite, being too laid back, or just being unprofessional jerks. But, in comparison to other places teenagers often work, it does feel safer. Also, guards usually get a 20 minute break about once an hour, which is alot compared to places I've worked since.
Pros
Well respected, we often get raises, opportunity to move up, employee protection.
Cons
Constantly having to recertify, lots of training, centered around high school age kids, young employees areent professional, no sick days.
Good clean working enviroment
Equipment technician for fleet maintenance (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 29, 2014
Start at 7am service and repair fleet write work orders enter data in maintenance software. Go home at 3:30pm. During the winter we were called in for snow duty, to be there in case of equipment breakdowns. I am always learning new stuff as a technician cars, trucks, equipment change on a monthly basis. Co workers we a good bunch. The hardest part of the job was knowing the only chance to advance may never come. And working snow duty was very difficult. The most enjoyable part was the clean, modern environment and job security.
Pros
Clean modern and able to take pride in my work
Cons
No chance to advance, snow duty
Child Care
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broomfield COJuly 1, 2014
Asisted at the front desk to arrange for the parents to bring in their children for child care at the City & County of Broomfield.
Dull and Boring
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 14, 2014
Along with uptight management, the work was dull and boring and did not provide much mental stimulation.
Great GIS Internship
GIS intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 3, 2014
Typical workday included updating SDE-databases to include up-to-date data, field collection using GPS, and developing web services for the city and county's cartographic infrastructure. I learned to use python scripts and took some online classes of python that corresponded with my academic research. Gathering the in situ data with Trimble GPSs was by far the most rewarding because I could see the whole process of how to collect information and apply it in real-world scenarios.
Pros
Intelligent and Inspiring Staff
Cons
Unpaid for academic credit
GIS Intern, IT Department (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoFebruary 18, 2013
Good place to work, nice people, good computer systems, good work environment - able to get a lot done in the day - rarely had to work late
Fun easy summer job.
Parks Department Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2012
I worked for the City and County of Broomfield in the Parks Department. I was part of the Mowing Crew. This is a great place to work for a student who is looking for a summer job. The work is fairly easy and the compensation is good for what you are doing.
Pros
fun, not hard
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great training place
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 30, 2012
This job is very benefical, it helps you with being able to work with every different type of person.
Fun Place to work as a student
Gymnastics Instructor III (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 9, 2012
There's flexible scheduling for high school and college students that may have after school sports or clubs they also participate in. I learned how do deal with many different types of people of various ages; from preschool aged children to high school students and parents.
Pros
free access to recreation center
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of Broomfield. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5