City and County of Denver

City and County of Denver Employer Reviews

A complex institution providing rich opportunities to practice as an OD consultant
Sr. Organization Development Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 12, 2014
The City & County of Denver has presented me with a wide variety of professional projects in multiple work cultures and multiple lines of business. The added dynamic of elected, appointed, and career leaders is at once challenging and satisfying.
Good place to work.
Journeyman Plumber (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 11, 2014
Excellent co-workers. Always busy. A lot of territory to cover with many locations throughout the city.
Fun place to work
Human Resource Professional/HR Generalist (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Each day is a challenge. I experience new incidents daily from workplace investigations, disciplines, coaching and counseling and building rapport.
no comment
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 29, 2014
I have worked for the CIty for 13 years. If you like the City Politics game this is the place for you. No additional commentary at this time.
Great Company to Work For
PC Support Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2014
Enjoyed my time working for the City and County Of Denver. Enjoyed working with the team and end users
I work on a great crew with a great boss and crew members
Equipment operator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment good cew
Cons: slow advancement
In the morning we meet with the boss he gives us our job duty's and asks if there's anything we need any questions or complaints if there is we talk about come to a resolution and go to work.
Management Changes
Associate Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2014
Pros: education opportunities
Cons: changes in management too often.
In the 5 1/2 years with the City and County of Denver I have had 12 organizational changes with 12 supervisors. This made for difficulty in learning management styles and expectations.
My typical day at work involved EPO true-ups, this included updating non-compliant workstations, investigations, and compatibility checks.
As a Systems Administrator – more... my main job functions included EPO, Exchange, Active directory, and server Administrations. The most enjoyable part of the position was working with my coworkers, passing on my knowledge and receiving additional education opportunities. – less
Good Place to Work
Office of the Clerk and Recorder (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 1, 2014
Pros: the current mayor (hancock) wants to know what the employees are thinking
Cons: it is a large council-mayor government structure.
City & County of Denver is a good place to work for the reason that opportunity to advance is very good, depending on the department. Some departments have less turnover because they are small department and employees are not eligible for retirement yet. I have been with the City for almost eight years, and I have promoted three times during this time. – more... But in these promotions I have had to move to other city agencies which has been a good experience and has helped me to learn about city operations. In all of my experiences, in supervisory and non-supervisory capacities, I enjoy working with the various department and dedicated employees. Of course there are a few employees that have the "government worker" attitude but most employees I have encountered are dedicated, smart, and are good in their field.
The hardest part about working for CCD is it is a large Council-Mayor government structure and therefore operations and funding approval is a bit slower than Council-City Manager structure. If you are not familiar with this municipal government structure, it can be frustrating, initially.

On the other hand , a very neat thing about CCD is the current Mayor (Hancock) wants to know what employees are thinking. Therefore he provides an opportunity to schedule a meeting with him, and he actually do listen and heed employee suggestions.
Overall, it is a good place to work. – less
Law Enforcement lifestyle
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: brotherhood and lifestyle
Cons: the lifestyle was all you knew.
I loved the brotherhood I had with the department. I enjoyed living the lifestyle of Deputy. I liked the ever changing nature.
Horrible Management
Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: excellent salary
Cons: poor management
The executive management team at DHS Child Support Division is horrendous. I would highly recommend that anyone who is considering working for this agency strongly reconsider. There is no sense of purpose or direction at this agency. The Deputy Director sits in her office all day long with the door shut and does not communicate with anyone in the agency.
Truly a great organization!
Intern (Former Employee), City and County of DenverFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: people, working environment, networking
Cons: parking
I interned for the City and County, and worked for the experience. Let me tell you that when people say you don't earn anything from an internship, they are so far mistaken. I learned so much from the experience and I suggest that any college student that strives for experience and satisfaction apply for their open positions.

Once aboard you will understand – more... what I am talking about. The people at the City and County of Denver are a cut above the rest. I have been other places and can attest for that.

You will develop skills and get a taste of a first class culture and who knows, if you impress you could find yourself a career.

Thanks, CCD – less
Good, dedicated people and very good benefits
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: layoffs
My experience was mostly very positive.

I had a wide variety of duties and earned higher responsibilities. For the most part, co-workers are dedicated and competent and friendly.

Often times, training is extremely limited, but that provides the opportunity to utilize your skills to develop the position.

Management styles vary widely. Often, I had – more... several supervisors/managers. This can be difficult when they have very different ideas and management styles. But, it does give you the opportunity to further develop skills in dealing with a diverse workplace and sometimes difficult people.

All-in-all...a very good employer. – less
Great work place
Code enforcement officer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2014
I would gather my daily assignment and go patrol the assigned area to write parking citations and enforce city ordinances. I was required to keep a daily log of all of my activity. I learned how to deal with the public in a one on one scenario. Management was supportive sometimes depending on the supervisor. Co-workers are why you enjoyed this postion – more... they contributed to being a great support system. the hardest part of the day was in the beginning of the shift because not to many people had their vehicles in violation. the job itself was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Productive and busy
MOTOR VEHICLE TECH II (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 8, 2013
Working at the Motor Vehicle office for the City and County of Denver is very demanding. You have to be able to be face paced and multitask in order to meet expectations. It is a hard area to be able to promote in. Flexibility is a key aspect for this position, due to never knowing what will come up from minute to minute.
Productive Company
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 15, 2013
Pros: healthcare, co-workers, advancement.
-Typical day at work-The typical day was very pleasant company to work for.
-I learn a lot working for this company, cause it was some many different jobs I had to do.
-Management-This was a good management company.
-Hardest par of the job-None
-Everything was enjoyable about this job.
Great
Professional Occupations Intern II (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 4, 2013
The benefits and work environment at the City and County of Denver are amazing.
Very good with customers and a very productive work environment
Advance Lifeguard (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 30, 2013
Co workers are very nice and I enjoy working with them. Work varies everyday, sometimes is extremely busy other times its smooth. Managers are amazing and very understandable. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with the customers. Hardest part of the job is always having to be on your toes.
Overall experience is good
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 28, 2013
My experience with the city was good, and enjoyed working in the field
CCD - A great place to work.
Urban Design Architect (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: assist community development
The City and County of Denver has an excellent governing body. The people working for the City are all top-notch professional.
No advancement opportunity.
Business Development Associate II (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no employee protection.
Typical day at work involves resolving customer issues and concerns. The most rewarding part of the job was providing the support to clients while helping them resolve any pressing issues in their lives.