City and County of Denver

City and County of Denver Employee Reviews

Working with the community
Recreation Instructor (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
Pros: passion project
Cons: no openings for advancement
I worked for the City of Denver for a school year and loved interacting with the children daily to support their educational and recreational goals.
Loved my job!
Human Resource Manager - Department of Safety (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 21, 2015
The best job I ever had! Challenging but had a lot of variety, which meant never having a boring day! Loved the people I worked with.
Benefits with the City of Denver were great. Management needs to be revised.
Bilingual Senior Social Caseworker (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility in schedules and flex time.
Cons: stress and trauma
A typical day at work was never the same. There were court hearings to attend at times for over 5 hours and as a worker it was expected that you attended these and at times deal with emergency situations (ie allegations of abuse/neglect, medical emergencies, etc). I learned that I can deal with high stress situations. I loved my co-workers in my team and got along with mostly everyone within my division. I was cordial with co-workers. The hardest part of my job, I must admit is having to remove children from their homes. The most enjoyable part of my job was returning children home. Even though, having to find an adoptive home for children, when it was in his best interest, it was very satisfying witnessing and being part of a successful match and adoption for a child!
Good atmosphere
Animal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 24, 2015
Does not support hardworking people or people who follow guidelines. Management is the A typical Government style of leadership. People who have out stayed there welcome.
Friendly Environment
Senior SharePoint Architect (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 19, 2015
Work at the city give me more experience in governance of SharePoint, My Coworker and my boss helped me to reach my goals to become experienced SharePoint Architect.
My day full of meeting, discussion and challenges as we run thousands of servers and hundreds of applications
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 30, 2014
Management wants the world from employees with out the pay. its take take take
Mostly productive environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 10, 2014
Due to customer service requirements, the department was constantly busy, which I enjoyed. I enjoyed the interaction with staff and with external customers.
Good internship
Intern (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 22, 2014
Flexible work hours
Work very little supervision
Work with small groups
Field work experience
Exciting environment
Emergency Communications Operator (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 12, 2014
Very fast paced and satisfying. Lots of educational opportunities. Management is great and very encouraging. Training is extremely detailed and challenging. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with issues that come up quickly without panicking. Luckily nearly all employees are helpful and team work oriented.
Auditing and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2014
Pros: no stress
Cons: no promotion
I learned time management of some co-worker and managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was no stress that affected my daily activities.
City and County of Denver
Network Administrator II (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 17, 2014
This was a great place to learn and grow any skills with the city.
A complex institution providing rich opportunities to practice as an OD consultant
Sr. Organization Development Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 12, 2014
The City & County of Denver has presented me with a wide variety of professional projects in multiple work cultures and multiple lines of business. The added dynamic of elected, appointed, and career leaders is at once challenging and satisfying.
Good place to work.
Journeyman Plumber (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 11, 2014
Excellent co-workers. Always busy. A lot of territory to cover with many locations throughout the city.
Fun place to work
Human Resource Professional/HR Generalist (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Each day is a challenge. I experience new incidents daily from workplace investigations, disciplines, coaching and counseling and building rapport.
no comment
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 29, 2014
I have worked for the CIty for 13 years. If you like the City Politics game this is the place for you. No additional commentary at this time.
Great Company to Work For
PC Support Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2014
Enjoyed my time working for the City and County Of Denver. Enjoyed working with the team and end users
I work on a great crew with a great boss and crew members
Equipment operator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment good cew
Cons: slow advancement
In the morning we meet with the boss he gives us our job duty's and asks if there's anything we need any questions or complaints if there is we talk about come to a resolution and go to work.
Management Changes
Associate Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2014
Pros: education opportunities
Cons: changes in management too often.
In the 5 1/2 years with the City and County of Denver I have had 12 organizational changes with 12 supervisors. This made for difficulty in learning management styles and expectations.
My typical day at work involved EPO true-ups, this included updating non-compliant workstations, investigations, and compatibility checks.
As a Systems Administrator my main job functions included EPO, Exchange, Active directory, and server Administrations. The most enjoyable part of the position was working with my coworkers, passing on my knowledge and receiving additional education opportunities.
Good Place to Work
Office of the Clerk and Recorder (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 1, 2014
Pros: the current mayor (hancock) wants to know what the employees are thinking
Cons: it is a large council-mayor government structure.
City & County of Denver is a good place to work for the reason that opportunity to advance is very good, depending on the department. Some departments have less turnover because they are small department and employees are not eligible for retirement yet. I have been with the City for almost eight years, and I have promoted three times during this time. But in these promotions I have had to move to other city agencies which has been a good experience and has helped me to learn about city operations. In all of my experiences, in supervisory and non-supervisory capacities, I enjoy working with the various department and dedicated employees. Of course there are a few employees that have the "government worker" attitude but most employees I have encountered are dedicated, smart, and are good in their field.
The hardest part about working for CCD is it is a large Council-Mayor government structure and therefore operations and funding approval is a bit slower than Council-City Manager structure. If you are not familiar with this municipal government structure, it can be frustrating, initially.

On the other hand , a very neat thing about CCD is the current Mayor (Hancock) wants to know what employees are thinking. Therefore he provides an opportunity to schedule a meeting with him, and he actually do listen and heed employee suggestions.
Overall, it is a good place to work.
Law Enforcement lifestyle
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: brotherhood and lifestyle
Cons: the lifestyle was all you knew.
I loved the brotherhood I had with the department. I enjoyed living the lifestyle of Deputy. I liked the ever changing nature.