City and County of Honolulu, HI Employee Reviews

City and County
Heavy Truck Driver I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2017
Through out the years working at City & County, I have learned and advanced into different work positions that prepped me to venture out into other companies.
Stage Masking Technician
Stage Masking Technician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 12, 2017
Working at Blaisdel is very easy going,,,employees and managemen t are very easy going always wanting to know if there is anything that needs to be done..
Pros
excellent management and employees
N/a
Abstracting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 16, 2017
I treated it as a job not a career. If you like a slow pace environment and a place to not advanced this place is definitely for you! Assignment was interesting but you couldn't advance if you wanted to.
No comment
Systems Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 24, 2017
Typical IT environment. 20-50 programmers per floor. Like any place, there's always a few bad apples. Would not care to comment beyond this point.
Great place to work!
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 22, 2017
Working here has given me a great experience working in an industrial setting as an electrician. Management is excellent, probably some of the best bosses I have worked for. All my co-workers were easy to get along with and work side by side with.
Great place for the long haul
Information Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 5, 2017
In my short time at the City and County of Honolulu, doing support for the Department of Information Technology, I've gotten to see how many of the other departments work together to provide our services. The job allows you to establish great working relationships with others, keeps you fairly busy with trouble calls and equipment deployment, and gives you a greater sense of contribution to your community.
Pros
great sick and vacation, and retirement options
Cons
pay isn't the greatest, but not terrible either
Average
Mobile Emergency Care Specialist I (Paramedic) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 31, 2017
- union affiliations place years of service over education making it difficult for people to advance.

- my specific department is bureaucracy in its most blatant form.

- need to work on employees' professional development.
Permit Clerk Position
Permit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 13, 2017
Very laid back atmosphere, no one day is ever the same. Great meeting new people on a daily basis, customer service is number one priority. Reading different building plans, obtaining the correct documents, verifying lots and their dimensions are primary responsibility to this type of position. Slow paced at times but can get very busy and hectic.
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sand Island, HIMay 2, 2017
I had a great time working here. I learned about all sorts of things pertaining to wastewater treatment plants. I especially enjoyed helping with implementing new safety systems.
Excellent co-workers, but I'm not a good match with my boss
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIApril 6, 2017
Excellent people to work with, and attention is paid by management to minimizing work stress. I highly recommend the city, I would stay if I were a better personality match with current boss, but not her fault.
Pros
Full benefits, medical, dental, retirement.
Excelent place to work
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 30, 2017
Excellent place to work with that provides an experience knowing the employee is making a positive difference in the community. Challenging environment that demands its employees to be their best.
Typical Clerical Job
Legal Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 29, 2017
The benefits are amazing! The volume of work is very high but it makes the day go by much faster. I would definitely recommend someone to work for the city if they are looking for a full time job.
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer/Junior Leader (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIJanuary 17, 2017
Throughout the years, I have always been attending the Summer Fun Program every summer. One year, I've decided to volunteer as a junior leader. By doing so, I've connected myself with not only the kids, but with the staff as well. Strengthening my communication skills was a success along with working well with others. I was able to complete tasks on time and successfully as well.
I have loearned a lot from other co workers.
Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 5, 2017
Great communication and team work. Lay off from work. I had a great experience on filling report that I never thought I would do at this age of my life.
progressive place to work
Computer Service Representative / System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 5, 2016
highly skilled staff that chose civil service over private industry paychecks. Co-workers and technicians among the best.

hardest part of the job was not being able to please everyone.

most enjoyable part of the job was resolving IT issues and troubleshooting all sorts of problems.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
not enough hours in the day to get everything done
Challenged job
Computer Programmer(Data Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 29, 2016
Working here is challenging. The reason I like working here is I need to understand the relation of various data, design and build a logic to ensure the system running well.
Productive and fun
CEO Program (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 11, 2015
Working for the city and county of Honolulu was fun.
I learned data entry, and basic clerical work. I became close with my supervisor and my manager, they were excellent at keeping up with things. My co-workers were very polite and helpful, and they would always help me learn new and easy ways to get my job done fast and better. The hardest part of my job was leaving, and the most enjoyable part of it was being able to help troubled youth and help organize activities and fundraisers to better the youth build program.
Pros
learned new things
Cons
leaving too soon
Great place to work.
Computer Operator II/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2015
Great place to work and interact with end users. Test your problem solving skills. Opportunities to learn new skills and improve your knowledge.
Nice place to work. Very little pressure. I was my own boss.
Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 9, 2015
This is a pleasant place to work but salaries are extremely low however there are plenty of holidays and vacation days available to everyone
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere. High morale.
Cons
Low salaries
Run away.
Engineering Technician V (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI.March 22, 2015
Unless you are a highly educated professional, you should pass on working for the City and County of Honolulu. I have been employed there for many years and all you'll get is a lot of stress, have to pay out a lot of money for health care and little to no support from your superiors.
Pros
Cheap parking rates.
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of Honolulu, HI. Our community is ready to answer.

City and County of Honolulu, HI Reviews by Job Title