City and County of Honolulu, HI

City and County of Honolulu, HI Employer Reviews

State Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low paying
It is a state job so there are great long term benefits. Working here part time is great for students who need to have flexible work schedules.
Gym Attendant (Former Employee), Waipahu, HIMay 7, 2014
Ensure a clean and safe environment for the public use of the gym facilities, such as the gym, boxing room, multi-purpose rooms, park fields, etc. Provide customer service for permit users, such as collecting money, issuing permits to sign, provide guideline rules forms, and opening/ closing rooms for permit users. Issue basketball equipment to the – more... public. Open/close multipurpose rooms for permit users – less
Fun Work Environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Wahiawā, HIApril 23, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: unreliable work days due to closures
Co-workers are super friendly. Patrons are friendly and social. Not much work to be done other than lifeguard surveillance. Pool is not consistent in open hours.
Diverse assignments
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: full-time, good healthcare benefits, opportunities to work overtime
Cons: office gossip can cause unnecessary/unwarranted consequences
There were many different tasks that needed to be completed. Following an outlined structure kept order in operations. Leaders showed compassion and respect to civilian staff.
Works day for a Works pay
Engineering Support Technician II (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 14, 2014
Due to the short duration I cant give a great deal of detail however it did open my eyes to almost every part of a contractors work from reviewing plans to installation of flooring, counters, electrical work, site maintenance and equipment maintenance. None of it was hard mentally but physically could be demanding.
Excellent place to work
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2013
Answering emails, phone calls. Posting overtime slips. Verify timecards with hours claimed. Handling pay discrepencies for officers.
I also took on this job to learn and grow within an accounting environment. My co-workers and management were the best I could hope to lean under.
The hardest part was learning military time. All shifts had different pay – more... scales, all on military time.
The most enjoyable part was the interaction with my officers and
co-workers. – less
Good Pay/Benifits/Overtime
Police Officer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 25, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: under public eye 24/7
Good work/Minimal Supervision/ good workers/ room for advancment/all overtime you want
Summer Aid 2
Summer Fun Aid I (Former Employee), Pearl City, HawaiiFebruary 27, 2013
Same as Summer Aid 2. Fun co-workers and great place to work while having fun.
Great atmosphere/ culture
Recreational Aide (Former Employee), Waimānalo, HIJuly 7, 2012
Pros: access to the park and it's facilities and excellent management
Cons: heavily underfunded
While employed here, I was very satisfied with the way things were run and very happy with the balance of things personally and business wise. I have had the best supervisors and management and they allowed me to grow with this company with little to no trouble at all. Overall great company to work for.

About City and County of Honolulu, HI