City of Abbeville
Department of Parks and Recreation
Program and Special Events Coordinator
- Under general supervision, performs administrative work in assisting in the planning and managing of the City’s recreation and special evens activities.
- Work involves coordinating and assisting with athletic programs, coordinating public relations activities and special events.
- Assists with the planning, organizing, directing and coordinating of established and future recreation programs and special events, and works to develop new events to increase exposure and recreation to the downtown area.
- Coordinates the City’s special programs and events, which involves planning, directing, coordinating, setting up, and event staffing, as well as coordinating with other agencies and departments.
- Serves as a receptionist for visitors at the Civic Center during working hours.
- Performs various administrative duties which include answering telephones, routing calls, taking messages, providing assistance as needed, registering participants, preparing articles for the newspaper, website and social media.
- Bachelor's degree in leisure services, parks and recreation management, or a related field preferred.
- Nine to twelve months of responsible experience in recreation and event programming preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment drug screen and physical examination.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving history.
Salary: Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision , and life insurance; annual leave and sick leave
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, city application, and resume to City of Abbeville, Human Resources, PO Box 40, Abbeville SC 29620. Applications are available at City Hall, 100 Court Square, Abbeville, SC 29620 and online at www.abbevillecitysc.com.
To download City Employment Application, visit: http://www.abbevillecitysc.com/Websites/abbeville/images/administration/Employment_Application.pdf
Deadline: July 16, at 5:00 p.m.
City of Abbeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 8 months ago