City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews in United States

Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2016
Main responsibilities consist of supervising as well as playing with the children. Also Make sure the spaced used is cleaned well at the end of the day. A good first job.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Cannot really expand your hours
fun
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
Lifeguards that work for the city should be payed more then people who work at fast food but we ant. Co workers are great but nobody likes the pay. When working as a lifeguard you have to know so many things but you are payed the same amount as a fast food worker
productive and very friendly people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for the city and libraries. fun place to be in and all the people I worked with were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and kills ill use for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun enviroment
Recreation leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working with the children, got attached and kind of miss it. The children always drew me pictures or talked to me about their day, it was exciting and fun. One day we were playing dodgeball, I had thrown the ball and it smacked one of the kids in the head, we laughed about it all day. It was fun to work with the kids, I learned to be patient and fun. Management was good, always answering your questions. I had cool co-workers, we got along very well. The hardest part is to watch what you say around the children. I love playing with the children.
just a job...a dangerous job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2015
our boss was crazy and under investigation by the city for numerous complaints. He was loud and lied all the time. I watched my fellow co-workers who were all good hard workers get fired or quit one bye one....one time 8 people quit all at once...that's when I came in...i toughed it out....too bad for everyone else...now i hear that he is gone as well everyone else being cut...the city's highways...I forty and I twenty five are about to get ridiculously dirty
Pros
not much
Cons
hot in summer
Relaxed place to work awesome people to work with
SunVan Driver (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueOctober 12, 2015
I loved working for the city and driving all around Albuquerque. Loved the people I drove very fun to talk with the customers and get to know them. I would have love to continue my employment with them and retire unfortunately I don't know why I was separated.
Pros
Driving, the customers and time went by fast.
Cons
At will firing process. without any actions taken. verbal written final.
Good Government Agency
Building Maintenance Coordinator ◼ E15 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 6, 2015
A solid municipal government to work for anyone wanting to work in government. It is a good learning experience on how government processes work.
fun place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2015
this job is good for people in school that have a school schedule so your not missing work all the time for class. definetly a good place to work seeing different types activities
Great workplace with a lot to offer
Keep Albuquerque Beautiful Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2015
This job was a great job right out of high school. I work as an assistant to the Marketing Manager. I worked with computers on a daily basis, filing, creating reports, responding to COA residents, etc. I also started my own project called the Summer Beautification Project. This was a volunteer based project that sought out and restored neighborhoods in need of cleaning and beautification. I also work hands on with elementary schools in order to educate their youth about recycling. My department was small but my team was reliable and easy going.
Pros
fun environment, great learning experiences
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
Cabq
Outdoor Pool Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2015
cabq is the city of albuquerque and is a governemental organization that employs about 5k people in the metropolitan area of albuquerque. It is the staple of albuquerques economy and is pretty gotham. There are plenty of batmen and batwomen trying to change the culture of complacencty but the old guard still holds the reigns and does not wish to power struggle to move the rusted gears.
Gained experience working with the elderly
Program Aide III-Senior Affairs Department (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2015
Worked withing three city departments for a duration of approximately ten years. Initially working at the Department of Senior Affairs where my job duties ranged from shuttle van driver to program aide to kitchen worker. This experience geared me towards my natural knack of working directly with our geriatric population at a very close level and paved the way to sharpen this skill by becoming a mobile x ray technologist.
Constant interaction with public.
Security Officer Supervisor (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoJune 1, 2015
With my security job, I had a constant interaction with the citizens of the City of Albuquerque. I managed nine security officers daily at four different city facilities.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Had to purchase own uniforms.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2015
Good place to work for continued support and advancement. Excellent benefits, hours with overall positive outcomes for continued advancement and growth. A feeling of satisfaction in helping the public through the daily processes of government.
Great career
Detective - Gang Unit (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 15, 2015
Fast paced busy environment giving the ability to help those in the community. There is no typical day at work since every shift has something different in store for you.
fast paced fun job
Aquatics Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2015
Fun job with lots of room to grow. Swim lessons, swim team, and lifeguarding are awesome to work with during the summer. enjoyed coaching and training new guards.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
compensation
Being involved with the arts and working with local Albuquerque communities was excellent.
Theater and Video Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day with the youth theater group involved a check in (reflection) with each student in a group at the Kimo Theater and the performance and writing exercises we did daily.
A typical day with the Cultural documentation was checking out video equipment and sound functioning.
I learned that young people are in extreme need of routine, respect and freedom.
The management of the department at this time in the history was changing but the support I received from City of ABQ Cultural Services was excellent.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was temporary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was work with NM youth and adults. Another most enjoyable part was observing the enormous pride and talent New Mexicans have in the field of the arts.
Pros
the best thing about this position was working in the kimo theater and videotaping local talent.
Cons
the only difficult thing about this job was knowing it was temporary.
Has a very New Mexican culture
Vehicle Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Friend and family only club. Co- workers are nice sometimes and management need better social skills. There are indifference to work conditions, unless you are a friend or family member. However, it is steady work, but, you may not be treated very well by your supervisors if they are angry. Meaning that emotions will fly and you may get hurt due to a lack of understanding of how to separate work from home issues by your bosses. In addition, it is a very hen pecked order of hierarchy. But, if you can take for years on end and acculturate you may move up. Somewhat to a lower position.
Pros
must have friends and family to move up
Cons
no friends or family you do not move up
Employee friendly and success oriented
Assist Customers (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working at CABQ, I would have stayed except I wanted to get my degree. I love working with people and certainly library clerk is very people oriented. I also learned a great deal about computers and some minimal IT. The coworkers were terrific.
Pros
computer and book availability.
good job
recreation leader (Former Employee) –  albuquerque NMJanuary 8, 2015
was a very fun job. experienced a lot of different craft projects
APD-Records Custodian (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueDecember 2, 2014
The department that I am in is a great place to work. However, for the stress that we are faced with on a daily basis and the deadlines the pay is very low compared to many other states.