City of Albuquerque

City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

Great career
Detective - Gang Unit (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 15, 2015
Fast paced busy environment giving the ability to help those in the community. There is no typical day at work since every shift has something different in store for you.
fast paced fun job
Aquatics Department Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: compensation
Fun job with lots of room to grow. Swim lessons, swim team, and lifeguarding are awesome to work with during the summer. enjoyed coaching and training new guards.
Being involved with the arts and working with local Albuquerque communities was excellent.
Theater and Video Instructor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the best thing about this position was working in the kimo theater and videotaping local talent.
Cons: the only difficult thing about this job was knowing it was temporary.
A typical day with the youth theater group involved a check in (reflection) with each student in a group at the Kimo Theater and the performance and writing exercises we did daily.
A typical day with the Cultural documentation was checking out video equipment and sound functioning.
I learned that young people are in extreme need of routine, respect and freedom.
The management of the department at this time in the history was changing but the support I received from City of ABQ Cultural Services was excellent.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was temporary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was work with NM youth and adults. Another most enjoyable part was observing the enormous pride and talent New Mexicans have in the field of the arts.
Has a very New Mexican culture
Vehicle Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: must have friends and family to move up
Cons: no friends or family you do not move up
Friend and family only club. Co- workers are nice sometimes and management need better social skills. There are indifference to work conditions, unless you are a friend or family member. However, it is steady work, but, you may not be treated very well by your supervisors if they are angry. Meaning that emotions will fly and you may get hurt due to a lack of understanding of how to separate work from home issues by your bosses. In addition, it is a very hen pecked order of hierarchy. But, if you can take for years on end and acculturate you may move up. Somewhat to a lower position.
Employee friendly and success oriented
Assist Customers (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: computer and book availability.
I loved working at CABQ, I would have stayed except I wanted to get my degree. I love working with people and certainly library clerk is very people oriented. I also learned a great deal about computers and some minimal IT. The coworkers were terrific.
good job
recreation leader (Former Employee), albuquerque NMJanuary 8, 2015
was a very fun job. experienced a lot of different craft projects
APD-Records Custodian (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueDecember 2, 2014
The department that I am in is a great place to work. However, for the stress that we are faced with on a daily basis and the deadlines the pay is very low compared to many other states.
User Friendly
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2014
Seeking Part Time Employment
Current job enjoyable.
Management two employees
Work with the best co-workers
Hardest, nothing
Rewarding
Fair Company
Animal Handler (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
They are a fair company to work for. Great benefits... the job was very time oriented, required time management and fast learning. Co-workers were all very nice and supportive.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2014
We usually would take out the kids on field trips almost everyday and watch after them. When we weren't watching after the kids we planned activities for them do to around the community center.
Great benefits and retirement plan
Motor coach Operator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: limited breaks
The job provides a different environment everyday and offers a new experience. The benefits are great with a wonderful retirement pan. Management is there to help although a lot of managers are new they are very helpful. My co-workers (some) create a negative work environment with comments and the complaining they do it lowers morale among the new drivers. The job is only as hard as you make it (ATTITUDE)! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people everyday.
fun work place with kids.
Recreation Leader (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: dealing with misbehaved children
A typical day at work is filled with many tasks. I go in and sign all 70 kids in. Then we go into rotations which are filled with activities for the kids to do. At the end of the day I have to make sure all facilities are clean and ready to go for the next school day. The biggest attribute I have learned from this job is patience. I also get along really well with my co-workers. We team up to run activities and keep the kids in their proper rotation. The hardest part of the job is keeping some of the kids behaved, because not all the kids listen. the most enjoyable of the part of the job is getting to play along with the kids.
City Position
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2014
Great Culture, great atmosphere, great pay. I learned alot in the payroll/personnel position while I worked there.
Easy work environment flexible schedule
Student Worker (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low hours, low pay
A normal day at work was to pick up the kids in our program. We fed them played with them and hwlped them do homework. After we finished we would clean the center and help customers at the front desk. I learned good customer service skills and also am now better with kids. The management was good they were veery easy to talk to. My co-workers were my friends from middle and high school so there wasnt a problem with them.
A great place to learn the duties that are required to perform tier 2 support within a HIPAA environment.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great place to learn tier 2 support in a medical industry.
Cons: poor benefits and lack of opportunity to advance.
Working for the Kemtah group has given me a great training in working tier 2 technical support within a HIPAA environment. The ability to work in a system that is regulated and very secure has helped me in understanding security practices and has helped me in the means of troubleshooting efficiently and avoiding user downtime by managing my time effectively.
Fully Inclusive for Kids with and without Disabilities
Site Supervisor for Loma Linda Community Center (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 15, 2014
The City of Albuquerque Therapeutic Recreation Program is a fully inclusive program for kids with and without disabilities. It's a great place for kids to do during the summer as well as the school year. The program has a wide variety of physical, mental and emotional disabilities. A typical day of work would be having thirty or more kids show up and do daily activites like arts and crafts, pe activities, and cooking.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Oracle ADF Consultant (Former Employee), 1 Civic Plaza NW Albuquerque NMJanuary 3, 2014
I learn new things and about management was cool as well as little bit strict in rules. And co-workers are really good and were helpful.
full time job
Construction crew (Former Employee), albuquerque, nmDecember 30, 2013
Pros: full time job
Cons: low pay, no benfits
something different every day, It was a 2 year temp position
Excellent
Temp Position with Fiscal Division (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2013
I worked as a temp here through Adecco. I didn't have all the perks associated with being a fulltime employee. The department I worked in and the people are great!
Working with the City of Albuquerque I was able to utilize my skills and learn additional skills. Everyone worked as a team and did their job well.
Street Maintenance Worker Level III (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2013
My work day started at 6:00 am gathering work orders and getting crews out in the field to complete the days work.
I learned to assign work, use heavy equipment and learned the skills to complete the job.
I work well with co-workers and gained respect from my crew.
The hardest part of the job was explaining that I was not able to do additonal work for the general public on their property because of strict City rules.
Working with the public and with my co-workers.

City of Albuquerque Salaries

Recreation Leader
$8.60 per hour

City of Albuquerque Photos

Central Ave by Mitherl (DeviantArt.com)