City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

Good Benefits and Retirement
Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2016
If you can handle all the politics, and favoritism then this job is for you, otherwise I suggest you find something else. Not all city Departments are the same. One department might be great to work for, and then some are not. Do not apply for the Planning Department. They're always on the news.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Politics and Favortism
great place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2016
have to make games and job activities for kids of different age groups. you are caring for their well being as well as having fun. if you love kids I suggest working for a recreation center
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
no breaks
truck driver
Lead Truck Driver Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 31, 2016
the hardest part about working at the city is the politics. my co-workers are great and hard working. i learned to drive a lot of different equipment.
Pros
the retirement and coworkers
Cons
management
Decent overall workplace
SENIOR AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2016
Was a great place to work good interaction with the seniors and co workers also good quality customer service also great transportation for seniors and on time pickups.
I am a very hard worker, and eager to learn more to further my career in this type of employment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2016
I do have experience in walk through metal detecters, and hand held detecters, and monitoring CCTVS, and answering phones, locking and unlocking door's. Also love this type of career, I have close to 13 year's experience in this type of work.
Pros
acknowledgement of good work
Cons
low pay
Very fun interacting with so many people and so many ages great experience overall.
Rec Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Duranes, NMOctober 12, 2016
I loved to work for the city interacting with seniors, kids of all ages, and parents it was very fun. It taught me how to open up and talk to all sorts of people. Now I can call my self a people person, I have gotten a lot more responsible and I have learned how to handle going to school as well as going to work without overwhelming my self.
Pros
Everyone is so easy to work with and get along with.
Cons
Only was aloud 30 hours a week.
relaxed and flexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 24, 2016
Usually, sits in the cash box, greeting people, taking admission. I've learned how to properly answer questions, handle large crowds of people, enter data into elo systems. Co-workers are all around my age. The hardest part of my job is being alone for long periods of time. The work hours are very flexible.
Pros
easy hours
Cons
no breaks
My time with the Albuquerque Police Department
Lieutenant, Southwest Area Command (Current Employee) –  Southwest Area CommandSeptember 10, 2016
My time spent as a member of the Albuquerque Police Department has been a rewarding experience. I have had the opportunity to work with great officers and lead great officers. Everyday at work presents exciting experiences and different challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of the team I lead.
Do not work here!
Assistant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2016
Sucks everyone in the department I was in is extremely rude and mean to there employees . The do not even greet you as you walk into there building
Pros
Fun People and lots to learn but you will be taught
Cons
Short breaks
fun job, keeps you very busy
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2016
I had fun at this job.you never knew what was going to happen each day they kept us busy.and I learned a lot from this experience
Cesar Chavez
Park and Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
Great place to work at overall. Good pay and time spent. Great group of kids that come from troubled surroundings real down to earth. Its a tight knitted community to work in. Great co workers.
Fun and enjoyable times with children.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2016
Working with the city was very fun and educational. A typical day would be spending time playing and doing homework with children. I learned how to talk to kids and how to handle money with the money handling class.
Ever changing environment
Parking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2016
Days were long, aviation management uninterested in the well being of employees.
Co-supervisors were great, always willing to help out when needed and always made sure shifts were covered.
Former manager was tough but always had the absolute best in mind for the department. He expected the very best but created an atmosphere where you wanted to produce the very best.
I've learned that the saying is true "people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses", under different management I would love to return to my former position.
I loved the pace and the fact that you just never knew what was going to happen day to day. However that could sometimes be the down side as well.
Pros
Benefits, free gym
Cons
no breaks (for supervisors), no support from upper managment
Job for a good driver
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2016
Good place to work but not family orientated your hours are crazy and never appreciated for anything after 15 years no raise 13.00 hr

The only perk to seniority is the ability to be home by 1 pm
Pros
retire after 25 years
Cons
no breaks on route hassled by supervisors constantly
Love animals.productive in multi tasking learned conputer an integrity also learned the pros an cons of breeding oridance mico chip euthinizing. s
Multi task phone operater Animal care center (Former Employee) –  Lomas blv neApril 26, 2016
Was always bussy always multi tasking learning computer skills city oridance compliant uthinizing the animal self surrendering
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2016
Main responsibilities consist of supervising as well as playing with the children. Also Make sure the spaced used is cleaned well at the end of the day. A good first job.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Cannot really expand your hours
drama, drama, drama
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2016
besides of all the drama the work is great and the sometimes you have the chance to advance.

it is all on who you know when you apply for a position

you need to know the right person in order to advance into a higher position. it is a place where is does not matter about your skills but who you k now
fun
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
Lifeguards that work for the city should be payed more then people who work at fast food but we ant. Co workers are great but nobody likes the pay. When working as a lifeguard you have to know so many things but you are payed the same amount as a fast food worker
productive and very friendly people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for the city and libraries. fun place to be in and all the people I worked with were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and kills ill use for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun enviroment
Recreation leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working with the children, got attached and kind of miss it. The children always drew me pictures or talked to me about their day, it was exciting and fun. One day we were playing dodgeball, I had thrown the ball and it smacked one of the kids in the head, we laughed about it all day. It was fun to work with the kids, I learned to be patient and fun. Management was good, always answering your questions. I had cool co-workers, we got along very well. The hardest part is to watch what you say around the children. I love playing with the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Albuquerque. Our community is ready to answer.

73%