City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work here!
Assistant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2016
Sucks everyone in the department I was in is extremely rude and mean to there employees . The do not even greet you as you walk into there building
Pros
Fun People and lots to learn but you will be taught
Cons
Short breaks
fun job, keeps you very busy
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2016
I had fun at this job.you never knew what was going to happen each day they kept us busy.and I learned a lot from this experience
Cesar Chavez
Park and Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
Great place to work at overall. Good pay and time spent. Great group of kids that come from troubled surroundings real down to earth. Its a tight knitted community to work in. Great co workers.
Fun and enjoyable times with children.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2016
Working with the city was very fun and educational. A typical day would be spending time playing and doing homework with children. I learned how to talk to kids and how to handle money with the money handling class.
Ever changing environment
Parking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2016
Days were long, aviation management uninterested in the well being of employees.
Co-supervisors were great, always willing to help out when needed and always made sure shifts were covered.
Former manager was tough but always had the absolute best in mind for the department. He expected the very best but created an atmosphere where you wanted to produce the very best.
I've learned that the saying is true "people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses", under different management I would love to return to my former position.
I loved the pace and the fact that you just never knew what was going to happen day to day. However that could sometimes be the down side as well.
Pros
Benefits, free gym
Cons
no breaks (for supervisors), no support from upper managment
Job for a good driver
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2016
Good place to work but not family orientated your hours are crazy and never appreciated for anything after 15 years no raise 13.00 hr

The only perk to seniority is the ability to be home by 1 pm
Pros
retire after 25 years
Cons
no breaks on route hassled by supervisors constantly
Love animals.productive in multi tasking learned conputer an integrity also learned the pros an cons of breeding oridance mico chip euthinizing. s
Multi task phone operater Animal care center (Former Employee) –  Lomas blv neApril 26, 2016
Was always bussy always multi tasking learning computer skills city oridance compliant uthinizing the animal self surrendering
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2016
Main responsibilities consist of supervising as well as playing with the children. Also Make sure the spaced used is cleaned well at the end of the day. A good first job.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Cannot really expand your hours
drama, drama, drama
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2016
besides of all the drama the work is great and the sometimes you have the chance to advance.

it is all on who you know when you apply for a position

you need to know the right person in order to advance into a higher position. it is a place where is does not matter about your skills but who you k now
fun
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
Lifeguards that work for the city should be payed more then people who work at fast food but we ant. Co workers are great but nobody likes the pay. When working as a lifeguard you have to know so many things but you are payed the same amount as a fast food worker
productive and very friendly people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for the city and libraries. fun place to be in and all the people I worked with were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and kills ill use for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun enviroment
Recreation leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working with the children, got attached and kind of miss it. The children always drew me pictures or talked to me about their day, it was exciting and fun. One day we were playing dodgeball, I had thrown the ball and it smacked one of the kids in the head, we laughed about it all day. It was fun to work with the kids, I learned to be patient and fun. Management was good, always answering your questions. I had cool co-workers, we got along very well. The hardest part is to watch what you say around the children. I love playing with the children.
just a job...a dangerous job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2015
our boss was crazy and under investigation by the city for numerous complaints. He was loud and lied all the time. I watched my fellow co-workers who were all good hard workers get fired or quit one bye one....one time 8 people quit all at once...that's when I came in...i toughed it out....too bad for everyone else...now i hear that he is gone as well everyone else being cut...the city's highways...I forty and I twenty five are about to get ridiculously dirty
Pros
not much
Cons
hot in summer
Relaxed place to work awesome people to work with
SunVan Driver (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueOctober 12, 2015
I loved working for the city and driving all around Albuquerque. Loved the people I drove very fun to talk with the customers and get to know them. I would have love to continue my employment with them and retire unfortunately I don't know why I was separated.
Pros
Driving, the customers and time went by fast.
Cons
At will firing process. without any actions taken. verbal written final.
Good Government Agency
Building Maintenance Coordinator ◼ E15 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 6, 2015
A solid municipal government to work for anyone wanting to work in government. It is a good learning experience on how government processes work.
fun place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2015
this job is good for people in school that have a school schedule so your not missing work all the time for class. definetly a good place to work seeing different types activities
Great workplace with a lot to offer
Keep Albuquerque Beautiful Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2015
This job was a great job right out of high school. I work as an assistant to the Marketing Manager. I worked with computers on a daily basis, filing, creating reports, responding to COA residents, etc. I also started my own project called the Summer Beautification Project. This was a volunteer based project that sought out and restored neighborhoods in need of cleaning and beautification. I also work hands on with elementary schools in order to educate their youth about recycling. My department was small but my team was reliable and easy going.
Pros
fun environment, great learning experiences
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
Cabq
Outdoor Pool Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2015
cabq is the city of albuquerque and is a governemental organization that employs about 5k people in the metropolitan area of albuquerque. It is the staple of albuquerques economy and is pretty gotham. There are plenty of batmen and batwomen trying to change the culture of complacencty but the old guard still holds the reigns and does not wish to power struggle to move the rusted gears.
Gained experience working with the elderly
Program Aide III-Senior Affairs Department (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2015
Worked withing three city departments for a duration of approximately ten years. Initially working at the Department of Senior Affairs where my job duties ranged from shuttle van driver to program aide to kitchen worker. This experience geared me towards my natural knack of working directly with our geriatric population at a very close level and paved the way to sharpen this skill by becoming a mobile x ray technologist.
Constant interaction with public.
Security Officer Supervisor (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoJune 1, 2015
With my security job, I had a constant interaction with the citizens of the City of Albuquerque. I managed nine security officers daily at four different city facilities.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Had to purchase own uniforms.

City of Albuquerque Reviews by Location