City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working for this company.
Motorcoach Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 7, 2017
I enjoy driving and meeting new people so this was definitly the job for me. They trained me to receive my CDL B and offered me employment.............
Very necessary location for senior adults to eat, visit, enjoy trips and events.
Barelas Senior Center and Highland Senior Center (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2017
This job was so enjoyable I don't consider it work. I have been employed as a "temp" for three years and I would love to continue to work here but my contract expired and I am forced to seek employment elsewhere. Hopefully I can find another wonderful place to work!
Pros
Dances, food events, classes and presentations that I could join.
Cons
Very busy sometimes and hard to keep everyone happy.
Challenging and interesting work and an opportunity to help community
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2017
No two days with the City are alike. Every day there are new challenges and issues to address. The City is an excellent place to learn and/or improve management skills.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great staff
Cons
Low wages
Worst Place I've ever worked
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2017
The Planning department was the worst place I've ever worked. The people were mean didn't want to help train because I was hired from the "outside". It's nothing but a competition there with other people. I do recommend anyone working for Planning.
Productive , Being helpful and Completing my tasks
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2017
Work is overall very well.I love to help other people . Am open to learn about more opportunities. Hands on working . Co-workers and boss are very friendly as well. I looked forward to being there everyday. Was a good opportunity for me .Learned more about the computers and how easy to file papers.
Unsatisfying work and constantly micro-managed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 26, 2017
The work was highly repetitive for an analyst position and little learning took place. Most time is spent reading poorly written reports and typing information into search boxes. The work was unsatisfying because I often had repeat the same work over again. There was a lot of micro-managing with every detail being controlled because they are constantly worried about what the higher ups will think.

I was pressured to work overtime and work on holidays or weekends and had to do the work of others when they are on vacation because they are understaffed. The environment was noisy and co-workers would often gossip behind the backs of others. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet unrealistic expectations and deal with unprofessional management.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Management, office environment, meetings
worked with a lot of very nice people
DISPATCHER FOR THE CITY (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2017
setting behind a desk and dispatching drivers for 8 hrs also keeping up with accidents and all paper work.the hardest [art of the job was starting so early in the morning
Pros
good insurance and benfits
Cons
no brakes and short lunch
Great place to volunteer with seniors, I met some wonderful friends.
Senior Companion (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2017
I called my client to see if they are up for a visit and talk about what they want to do in their 4 hour day. Sometimes I pick them up and we go to lunch, sometimes we go shopping or to appointments. Sometimes they do not feel like going out so we make lunch, talk, play cards, or watch TV. The management of the program work hard at getting training programs relevant to our work. The hardest part of the job is when you have to let go of them if they are sick or moving, but that is life. The seniors teach me a lot about life and I enjoy hearing about their lives.
Pros
Free lunch and paid training.
Cons
Mileage could be increased on the errands and trips and such.
Enjoyed working w/the children, teachers, & school principal
APD Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Alamosa Elementary & Bandelier ElementaryJune 9, 2017
Morning crossing children across busy street to enter school, repeat when school ended in the afternoon.

Learned that children respond to kindness, as well as knowing I enjoyed my job.

Management wasn't around a lot.

Workplace culture had many ethnic groups, and I worked well with all
groups.

Hardest part of this job was when school ended for each year, not knowing when you would see the children again.

Getting to know the children you crossed every year.
Pros
Enjoyed the children
Cons
Asking the traffic to slow down when I crossed the children
Supportive Management
Business Analyst/Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2017
Very supportive management. Enjoyed working there as a contractor.
Always work to do, had ability to go on site and learn parts of the job.
Worked directly with Mayor, police department, etc on Disaster Recovery
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Desk chairs were unsuitable
Would enjoy to adventure new job experiances
Transport Operator driver (Former Employee) –  City of albuquerque solid waste dept.May 4, 2017
I am a hard worker i retired from the city of albuquerque.i have worked in all aspects of the solid waste department i worked from tje bottom up not afraid to do any kind of work.i had a great career with solid waste was never afraid to learn something new i was state certified to run convinance centers recycling centers and composting certified..was upgraded most of my solid waste time but worked for the city for 26 plus years...
Pros
A good working enviorment
Cons
People thar dont like to work
Culture is very political
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 2, 2017
In the City of Albuquerque it is not about what you know it is about who you know. The people in charge are never available to talk to and they are only there to fill a seat.
Pros
Cons
all
Great
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with the City. I met a lot of people. I learned a lot while working for them for many years.. I am grateful for all the people that helped me along the way.
Great benefits and pay, there is the culture of who you know to advance.
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 31, 2017
Best part was working with the public and FBI, TSA etc. City provides excellent training in customer service, cash handling, phone systems, etc. Worked with a lot of smart individuals.
Good experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2017
Working for the City of Albuquerque was an eye opening experience. I was able to advance quickly and enjoyed my employment. I was able to do a lot of education and training. I was able to work closely with law enforcement.
Pros
Travel, Training
Run Away
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2017
This is where souls come to die, No one is willing to help you out, apathy and elitism rule these lands. Steady 9-5 if you're ready to give up on being happy.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
everything else
good company to work for.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 24, 2017
It's a secure job, retirement and benefits are awesome. You can bid for job's to advance yourself and you have a union if you need help with job problems. They have and pay for your school or classes. If you can get in there would be no need to look for another job ever again.
benefits
Fun workplace. good communication with coworkers
Rec Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 4, 2017
very good communication.
safe environment
flexible hours
didnt have to work on weekends
parents were always nice to me
the most enjiyable part of my job was to be able to play sports with the kids.
Good Benefits and Retirement
Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2016
If you can handle all the politics, and favoritism then this job is for you, otherwise I suggest you find something else. Not all city Departments are the same. One department might be great to work for, and then some are not. Do not apply for the Planning Department. They're always on the news.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Politics and Favortism
great place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2016
have to make games and job activities for kids of different age groups. you are caring for their well being as well as having fun. if you love kids I suggest working for a recreation center
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
no breaks