City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

Ever changing environment
Parking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2016
Days were long, aviation management uninterested in the well being of employees.
Co-supervisors were great, always willing to help out when needed and always made sure shifts were covered.
Former manager was tough but always had the absolute best in mind for the department. He expected the very best but created an atmosphere where you wanted to produce the very best.
I've learned that the saying is true "people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses", under different management I would love to return to my former position.
I loved the pace and the fact that you just never knew what was going to happen day to day. However that could sometimes be the down side as well.
Pros
Benefits, free gym
Cons
no breaks (for supervisors), no support from upper managment
My time with the Albuquerque Police Department
Lieutenant, Southwest Area Command (Current Employee) –  Southwest Area CommandSeptember 10, 2016
My time spent as a member of the Albuquerque Police Department has been a rewarding experience. I have had the opportunity to work with great officers and lead great officers. Everyday at work presents exciting experiences and different challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of the team I lead.
relaxed and flexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 24, 2016
Usually, sits in the cash box, greeting people, taking admission. I've learned how to properly answer questions, handle large crowds of people, enter data into elo systems. Co-workers are all around my age. The hardest part of my job is being alone for long periods of time. The work hours are very flexible.
Pros
easy hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun enviroment
Recreation leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working with the children, got attached and kind of miss it. The children always drew me pictures or talked to me about their day, it was exciting and fun. One day we were playing dodgeball, I had thrown the ball and it smacked one of the kids in the head, we laughed about it all day. It was fun to work with the kids, I learned to be patient and fun. Management was good, always answering your questions. I had cool co-workers, we got along very well. The hardest part is to watch what you say around the children. I love playing with the children.
Do not work here!
Assistant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2016
Sucks everyone in the department I was in is extremely rude and mean to there employees . The do not even greet you as you walk into there building
Pros
Fun People and lots to learn but you will be taught
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and enjoyable times with children.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2016
Working with the city was very fun and educational. A typical day would be spending time playing and doing homework with children. I learned how to talk to kids and how to handle money with the money handling class.
Job for a good driver
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2016
Good place to work but not family orientated your hours are crazy and never appreciated for anything after 15 years no raise 13.00 hr

The only perk to seniority is the ability to be home by 1 pm
Pros
retire after 25 years
Cons
no breaks on route hassled by supervisors constantly
Love animals.productive in multi tasking learned conputer an integrity also learned the pros an cons of breeding oridance mico chip euthinizing. s
Multi task phone operater Animal care center (Former Employee) –  Lomas blv neApril 26, 2016
Was always bussy always multi tasking learning computer skills city oridance compliant uthinizing the animal self surrendering
Cesar Chavez
Park and Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
Great place to work at overall. Good pay and time spent. Great group of kids that come from troubled surroundings real down to earth. Its a tight knitted community to work in. Great co workers.
fun job, keeps you very busy
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2016
I had fun at this job.you never knew what was going to happen each day they kept us busy.and I learned a lot from this experience

Want to know more about City of Albuquerque?

Ask a question
drama, drama, drama
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2016
besides of all the drama the work is great and the sometimes you have the chance to advance.

it is all on who you know when you apply for a position

you need to know the right person in order to advance into a higher position. it is a place where is does not matter about your skills but who you k now
fun
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
Lifeguards that work for the city should be payed more then people who work at fast food but we ant. Co workers are great but nobody likes the pay. When working as a lifeguard you have to know so many things but you are payed the same amount as a fast food worker
just a job...a dangerous job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2015
our boss was crazy and under investigation by the city for numerous complaints. He was loud and lied all the time. I watched my fellow co-workers who were all good hard workers get fired or quit one bye one....one time 8 people quit all at once...that's when I came in...i toughed it out....too bad for everyone else...now i hear that he is gone as well everyone else being cut...the city's highways...I forty and I twenty five are about to get ridiculously dirty
Pros
not much
Cons
hot in summer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2015
Good place to work for continued support and advancement. Excellent benefits, hours with overall positive outcomes for continued advancement and growth. A feeling of satisfaction in helping the public through the daily processes of government.
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2016
Main responsibilities consist of supervising as well as playing with the children. Also Make sure the spaced used is cleaned well at the end of the day. A good first job.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Cannot really expand your hours
Great benefits and retirement plan
Motor coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2014
The job provides a different environment everyday and offers a new experience. The benefits are great with a wonderful retirement pan. Management is there to help although a lot of managers are new they are very helpful. My co-workers (some) create a negative work environment with comments and the complaining they do it lowers morale among the new drivers. The job is only as hard as you make it (ATTITUDE)! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people everyday.
benefits
Cons
limited breaks
productive and very friendly people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for the city and libraries. fun place to be in and all the people I worked with were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and kills ill use for the rest of my life.
A great place to learn the duties that are required to perform tier 2 support within a HIPAA environment.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2014
Working for the Kemtah group has given me a great training in working tier 2 technical support within a HIPAA environment. The ability to work in a system that is regulated and very secure has helped me in understanding security practices and has helped me in the means of troubleshooting efficiently and avoiding user downtime by managing my time effectively.
Pros
great place to learn tier 2 support in a medical industry.
Cons
poor benefits and lack of opportunity to advance.
Great benefits, salaries good, work environment o.k.
Environmental Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  City LandfillDecember 21, 2014
A typical government workplace, but better than most. Had a lot fun working there, especially since I worked in so many different capacities.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, good people to work with.
Cons
occasional poor management, underfunded.
The best place for information.
Albuquerque, New Mexico (Former Employee) –  Library SpecialistNovember 7, 2011
There is no better place to work than the public Library. It's full of information, books, computers, friendly people. What more can you ask for. The benefits were great! The children love it there. It is a safe place for them to go. The job is most enjoyable, you learn something new everyday. Always chance for advancement.
Pros
very good benefits

City of Albuquerque Reviews by Location