City of Albuquerque

City of Albuquerque Employer Reviews

APD-Records Custodian (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueDecember 2, 2014
The department that I am in is a great place to work. However, for the stress that we are faced with on a daily basis and the deadlines the pay is very low compared to many other states.
User Friendly
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2014
Seeking Part Time Employment
Current job enjoyable.
Management two employees
Work with the best co-workers
Hardest, nothing
Rewarding
Fair Company
Animal Handler (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
They are a fair company to work for. Great benefits... the job was very time oriented, required time management and fast learning. Co-workers were all very nice and supportive.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2014
We usually would take out the kids on field trips almost everyday and watch after them. When we weren't watching after the kids we planned activities for them do to around the community center.
Great benefits and retirement plan
Motor coach Operator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: limited breaks
The job provides a different environment everyday and offers a new experience. The benefits are great with a wonderful retirement pan. Management is there to help although a lot of managers are new they are very helpful. My co-workers (some) create a negative work environment with comments and the complaining they do it lowers morale among the new drivers. – more... The job is only as hard as you make it (ATTITUDE)! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people everyday. – less
fun work place with kids.
Recreation Leader (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: dealing with misbehaved children
A typical day at work is filled with many tasks. I go in and sign all 70 kids in. Then we go into rotations which are filled with activities for the kids to do. At the end of the day I have to make sure all facilities are clean and ready to go for the next school day. The biggest attribute I have learned from this job is patience. I also get along really – more... well with my co-workers. We team up to run activities and keep the kids in their proper rotation. The hardest part of the job is keeping some of the kids behaved, because not all the kids listen. the most enjoyable of the part of the job is getting to play along with the kids. – less
City Position
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2014
Great Culture, great atmosphere, great pay. I learned alot in the payroll/personnel position while I worked there.
Easy work environment flexible schedule
Student Worker (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low hours, low pay
A normal day at work was to pick up the kids in our program. We fed them played with them and hwlped them do homework. After we finished we would clean the center and help customers at the front desk. I learned good customer service skills and also am now better with kids. The management was good they were veery easy to talk to. My co-workers were my – more... friends from middle and high school so there wasnt a problem with them. – less
A great place to learn the duties that are required to perform tier 2 support within a HIPAA environment.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great place to learn tier 2 support in a medical industry.
Cons: poor benefits and lack of opportunity to advance.
Working for the Kemtah group has given me a great training in working tier 2 technical support within a HIPAA environment. The ability to work in a system that is regulated and very secure has helped me in understanding security practices and has helped me in the means of troubleshooting efficiently and avoiding user downtime by managing my time effectively.
Fully Inclusive for Kids with and without Disabilities
Site Supervisor for Loma Linda Community Center (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 15, 2014
The City of Albuquerque Therapeutic Recreation Program is a fully inclusive program for kids with and without disabilities. It's a great place for kids to do during the summer as well as the school year. The program has a wide variety of physical, mental and emotional disabilities. A typical day of work would be having thirty or more kids show up and – more... do daily activites like arts and crafts, pe activities, and cooking. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Oracle ADF Consultant (Former Employee), 1 Civic Plaza NW Albuquerque NMJanuary 3, 2014
I learn new things and about management was cool as well as little bit strict in rules. And co-workers are really good and were helpful.
full time job
Construction crew (Former Employee), albuquerque, nmDecember 30, 2013
Pros: full time job
Cons: low pay, no benfits
something different every day, It was a 2 year temp position
Working with the City of Albuquerque I was able to utilize my skills and learn additional skills. Everyone worked as a team and did their job well.
Street Maintenance Worker Level III (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2013
My work day started at 6:00 am gathering work orders and getting crews out in the field to complete the days work.
I learned to assign work, use heavy equipment and learned the skills to complete the job.
I work well with co-workers and gained respect from my crew.
The hardest part of the job was explaining that I was not able to do additonal work for – more... the general public on their property because of strict City rules.
Working with the public and with my co-workers. – less
Good culture
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: promotion opportunities
• Supervised employees.
• Monitored and coordinated activities.
• Established and maintained a safe environment for participants.
• Fulfilled reception duties including filing, inbound and outbound telephone calls, entering and updating registration forms
• Utilized and maintained SamScan computer program database.
The City of Albuquerque, a wonderful place to get a job with
Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Albuqeurque,NMAugust 14, 2013
The City of Albuquerque has a nice part time/seasonal job program. Their crossing guards love what they do because they keep the children safe from crazy New Mexico drivers.
Hard and honest worker
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2013
Pros: able to do job with out consent direct supervision
Cons: incliment weather
As a parking enforcement officer for the city of Albuquerque, I issue out citations for illegally parked vehicles. When needed I will boot (immobilize) the vehicle and tow when necessary. After 5.75 years and 60,000 citations later I looking for different line of work, where I can better use my knowledge skills abilities.

I am fast leaner and a hard – more... worker – less
its a city job its awesome
maintinance worker (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2013
very good benefits good pay decent work with out having to slave.. if u prove u can handle it on your own you'll only have to answer to yourself
Best Police Department In New Mexico by far.
Law Enforcement Officer/Sergeant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2013
Pros: great training, employees, equipment, and overall environment.
Cons: can not think of any.
Working with the Albuquerque Police Department was by far the best experience I have ever had. The men and women of APD are very well trained and professional. I am very proud to say I was part of APD for the last 9.5 years.

I loved supervising undercover detectives and uniformed officers. I enjoyed helping the citizens of Albuquerque. Being able to – more... show up during a crisis situation and being able to help individuals/families in need, was very rewarding. – less
CABQ is all about developing relationships. Great people.
Organizational Change Management, ERP (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2013
Wonderful experience.

Unclassified positions and classified positions exist at the city. Unclassified people are "at will" employees. Pay is very competitive, but project termination may be a time to look for new opportunities.
City of Albuquerque
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 21, 2012
As a government worker, your primary client is the taxpayer. During the 24 years I worked for the City of Albuquerque I was honored to know that my work had a real impact on the lives of every citizen in Albuquerque.