City of Anaheim Employee Reviews

Good fun enviroment
Cleaner and Set up (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 30, 2017
Good place to work, Convention center especially. Not enough hours though and hardly any room for advancement. Ego's are the only other problem besides lack of hours.
Great place
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 20, 2017
The city of Anaheim is a great place to work at, they truly take care of there employees, an give them the tools they need to go on. they truly give you tool to gain experience.
Great place to work and contribute
Customer Service Representative l (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 28, 2017
A great place to work and contribute to the city. Movement opportunity and caring supervisors. Encouraged to be your best and be at your best. Fun place to work at.
Flexible
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Basic duties of a parking attendant. I would recommend this position for recent high school graduates and current university students because they are highly flexible with your hours. The more availability you have the more hours you can get. Some days are slow and others really busy.
Pros
Flexibility
Outstanding work environment
Utilities Electric Distribution Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2016
I work with great professional people and the wage and benefits are outstanding. Government workers still have a pension one fo the last professions that have one.
Pros
Excellent wages and benefits
Here today .... gone tomorrow
HOUSING LOAN COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 24, 2016
Working for any government agency is not one you can depend on. The State of California decided to discontinue the Redevelopment Agencies through out California putting hundreds of thousands of city workers without a job without relocation.
great work iniroment
City of Anaheim PT Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2016
great experience enjoyed working with everyone learned and obtained so much knowledge from my business license and building team
What I learned
intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 4, 2015
You learn real life applications that engineers use everyday. You learn side by side with the design engineers and you get to do the work that they actually do. It is a real experience.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Positive work environment
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working every day at City of Anaheim. The environment was positive and motivating. The supervisors and employees were very cooperative and had a team attitude. I learned that a team environment is the best way towards a successful program.
Pros
Positive work attitudes by employees
Cons
wanted to build a safety program in a short period of time
Productive and fun environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. This was my first job ever! The managers were great and helped me learn and excel at my job. I wanted to come back every summer! The kids and parents were great too. I would say the only hard part about the job was getting in to a cold pool sometimes!
City of Anaheim Recreation
Program Specialist- Youth and Adult Sports (Current Employee) –  Anahiem, CaApril 13, 2015
The City of Anaheim is a great city to work. If you are searching for part-time work I recommend recreation in any city. I am searching for an opportunity for full-time recreation position.
Excellent management and support staff
Office Specialist and Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  AnaheimJanuary 30, 2015
Lots of responsibilties supporting the Contract Specialists at the Public Works division of Operations at the City of Anaheim
Active and Productive work place
Traffic Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 1, 2014
Working well with others plays a important role when working here because most days you will be working with a partner. You must have good communication skills and be helpful because you are always interactive with the public.
Productive and responsible place with a friendly work enviorment.
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 9, 2014
Each day I help organize and set up ball rooms, concerts and other events. I clean up after each event and make sure that each members complete their assigned task. I also have to see that all goods and products will bet delivered and accounted for each event.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No advancement in current positon
Great place to work!
Sr. Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CaJune 18, 2014
Just like working in most any office. You do get a lot of angry or mentally ill customers because you're working in a government office that is easily accessible to the public. GREAT benefits. If you make it past probation, job security is great too, so long as the economy is doing ok. Pay is pretty good, and increases happen fairly quickly ( it depends on the number of hours you work), but you can max out on pay increases. Management is luck of the draw. I've had the pleasure of working for several amazing supervisors, but I know that there are plenty of bad apples mixed in the bunch. Hardest part of the job, at least in the community services department is the customers service. If customers don't like your answer they can very easily contact the head of the department and get what they want, even if its not your department policy. It gets really old after a while, but it doesn't out weigh the perks. Most of the employees are fairly great and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Job security, great benefits, good pay
Good work place with plenty of fun people around.
Construction Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 25, 2014
Good work ethics and gave good attention to the employees and what idea they had for the company.
Great Place to work
Office Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2013
Everyone is awesome
Flexible to part-time employees
you can check online at anaheim.net for current openings
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2013
Assist customers with there utilities bills over the phone and in person.
great job
Community Service Department-Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 6, 2013
I enjoy working independently, and having task done by a deadline. If I can work here again, I would definitely take the opportunity.
Great work place that teaches cildren to get ready for kindergaten
Recreation Leader Tiny Tots (Current Employee) –  AnanheimAugust 6, 2013
My work day consist of:
.signing children in
.interacting with the children
.Teaching them basic preschool agenda
.Talking to parents
.cleaning up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Anaheim. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7