City of Appleton

City of Appleton Employee Reviews

Fast-paced working environment at a city pool.
Lifeguard & Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, MNAugust 30, 2013
Pros: working with great co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no supper breaks some days
A typical day of going to work at the pool was never going to be the exact same everyday. The first thing I had to do when I got to work was open all the doors, put the money in the cash registers and make sure the money amount was the same as we counted the night before. I had to make sure all our safety equipment was out before we could open. The staff usually had a quick briefing before each day started. I would watch and guard patrons who came to the pool. At the end of each day I had to total out the cash registers, help staff clean, and close up the building. One thing that I learned while working as a lifeguard and assistant manager for the City of Appleton is that it is very important to have open lines of communication between staff and patrons. The hardest part of my job was making sure everyone of the staff was on the same page and making sure we all got along. It was also hard some days trying to work with customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the customers and working with great co-workers.

City of Appleton Salaries