City of Arlington Employee Reviews

Productive and positive enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 18, 2016
Worked as a CSA in a Tennis center. This was a great job with great employees and guest. My only complaint was that it was only part time or I would have stayed with this position longer. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The pay was good and so were the benefits. I don't have one complaint about this company whatsoever.
Very Productive Workplace
PT Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington TexasMay 10, 2016
My hardest part of the job was having to leave the animals everyday. There were a lot of politics when it came to the animal laws and having to properly take care of the animals. Great place to work if you're an animal lover but not so good if you do not like to deal with the gory side of things. It's a learning experience that I will never forget.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Having to euthanize the sick or dangerous animals
Great People. Great Place to Work.
Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2016
I was there in the Grants Department on a temporary assignment. I couldnt have asked for better people to work with. I learned alot and enjoyed my time there. I wish it would have continued.
Pros
Great atmosphere. Great People
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Productive, Rewarding, and Safe.
Streetlight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 12, 2016
Great City to work for. Great management and schedule. I was grateful for the opportunity to move up. Good people to build honest and meaningful work relationships that you can trust and count on.
Pros
401k, healthcare premium, good hours
Cons
poor insurance coverage, weather, physical tax
New Supervision
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Arlington, WAApril 20, 2016
I worked as a police officer for 15 years and was released from employment for making a poor decision regarding photos. I provided the Arlington Police Department with excellent leadership and work performance.
Pros
Working with the community
Cons
Leadership
A good organization to work for (Arlington Police Department).
Patrol Assistant/Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 11, 2016
I truly enjoy working with the administrative team and the
police officers. We treat each other like family members
and strive to be of assistance in any situation.
Pros
The "family" atmosphere.
Great place to work, limitedless possibilities within the city, lots of red tape on the hiring end
Senior Clerk / Community Development and Planning (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Training Platform is great, employees are very helpful and willing to go the extra mile, my supervisor is very supportive of employees, there is some micro-management from upper management.
Very productive
Chief Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
Repair all types of city vehicles.
How a city repair shop operates.
Management very fair.
Co-work well trained hard working.
New technology.
It was enjoyable to solve vehicle problems.
Pros
Always alot work to do, very busy.
Cons
Job was outsourced
Great Coworkers, Agency always looking to improve the work culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 14, 2015
Fairly Regular turnover in Supervision however the workforce tends to stay onboard in spite of any changes with Council or City Management.
There always seems to be a desire to make improvements not just to the citizens of the city but also to the employees. This I believe is why people stay.
Great Retirement benefits, mediocre healthcare benefits.
Pros
Retirement Policy, coworkers
Cons
Hard to advance, mediocre healthcare, strict dress policy, nonexistent telecommuting.
Productive Atmosphere
Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Like working here it stays busy and lots of hands on training that mostly like and I still have room to improve. Sometimes it can be laid back at times and sometimes it can be one of those days
fulltime work part time hours
Community Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 11, 2014
Code enforcement... work 32 hours a week part time so there was no benefits.
graffiti removal nuisance abatement
high weeds and grass
election signs removal
garage sale sign removal

Trained people who were promoted over me

completed citizens emergency Reponses team.

completed citizens police academy.
Pros
learned ordiances and processes involved
Cons
32 hours a week every sarturday classified as part time no benefirts
Productive and laid back and a very fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2013
I'd come in around 9:45 and we opened at 10 and would start setting up the park to get ready for customers. Most customers wouldn't arrive until around 12 and then I would start lifeguards and usually be on stand for 40 minutes then on break for 40 minutes. While on break I would operate the cash register and clean so it wasn't much a break. At the end of the day I would clean and take out trash and count the money and lock up the park and leave.
Pros
raise every year
Cons
no benefits
Very stressful position working nights,weekends, and holidays
TELECO (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 27, 2013
The job is a wonderful position, however it is very stressfull and due to a large turnover rate the position is almost always understaffed, causing the stress from the position to be that much greater. A normal work day is 8 hours but due to understaffing normally turns into a 12 hours day, the overtime is not optional it is always mandatory or a write up is recieved. The most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of helping others and being apart of such a great team
Learned to monitor traffic for child safety
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasNovember 7, 2013
I monitored the traffic flow to maintain a safe area for the children to walk to school. I learned how to organize and gather children in a timely fashion. The harder thing was keeping them safe while crossing the street. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratitude from the parents because they were so thankful that I provided a safe experience for their kids.
Pros
Bonding with the children
Cons
The local drivers
very good place to work for experience
Water Utility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  arlington, texasJuly 9, 2012
I did work orders. we done maintence on water and sewer license. I learned what was most important at my job then done my task in that order. Management was ok they just did what they were told to do. My co workers were very good people they were fun. The hardest part about my job was keeping up with my guys when i was not at work. Most enjoyable part of my job was the weekend
Pros
stability check
Cons
expensive health care
Exciting place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 26, 2013
I worked from 8-5 (typical). I learned a lot about water being that I worked in the water department. I enjoyed my co-workers, some of them even became friends. The hardest part of my job was completing payroll for my whole department. It was a challenge at times but I definitely got through it. The most enoyable part of the day was seeing a smile on the customers' face.
Pros
Dealing with people of all walks of life
Cons
N/A
Nice environment, and learned new things often.
Animal Shelter Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Come in from 8am-1pm before class, I learned how to train animals and give them important shots to make them better. My co-workers were okay, but I never had any conflict with any of them. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sick animals pass away, and the best part of the job was of course curing the animals!
Pros
nice break at 10:00
Cons
no one was really social.
never a dull moment
Police Officer- Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 12, 2013
Under previous management, injured officers were forced into medical retirement and forgotten about. The city however is great to work in after all it is the entertainment capital of Texas.
Pros
pay, benefits and location
Cons
be careful the department look after its own and rarely takes care of its officers
Easy job, but the pay is low.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington,TXDecember 11, 2013
The City is an easy job to go to. The pay is hard to live on. My typical day at work is going to different sites to troubleshoot and repair the different types of equipment. There is nothing hard about this company.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
The pay is not alot. The benefits aren't that good.
crossing kids is a blessing
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 10, 2015
Making sure children are safe across the street makes me happy with being a crossguard. The only time it was not enjoyable was when the weather was bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Arlington Reviews by Location