City of Atlanta

City of Atlanta Employer Reviews

Laid back work environment.
Council Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2014
The job overall was a great stepping stone and allowed me to learn new skills that can help me in the long run as I continue to go further on my professional path.
They have great Benefits
Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2014
They have great benefits and you can afford to use them. The policy could be better
Very Political
Management Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: work-life balance for a single person
Cons: lack of raises/promotions
Lead by politicians all with own personal agenda. Cultures where mediocre performance is rewarded and superb employees are chastised or let go. Pay below industry for most professional services employees (need to balance with work life)
Overall City of Atlanta/Department of Planning Development/Office of Housing is a great place to work
Housing Project Monitor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: perks from the city of atlanta, activities with agencies and etc.
Cons: health care, freedom to attend schedule appointments
My day starts with prioritizing the task before me. A typical day begins with my pleasant attitude to the customers being served internally and externally. As well as insuring our clients which include Consturtion Monitor, Appraisers, management, developers, etc. which are a part of the Department of Planning and Development/Office of Housing. My duties – more... involve serving the mentioned customers by processlng invoices, ensuring timely reconciliation, and written communication are accurate and precise. The Office of Housing has a staff of 18 employees which I consider as a family and team players, we all work together to accomplish the goals of the Office. Working with the City of Atlanta/Office of Housing is a pleasant experience; the office has a paper environment which has not been converted to paperless envioronment. There are times this makes an uncomfortable atmosphere with the accumulation of files and document. Otherwise, the work environment is quite enjoyable without micro management, communicating with internal and external customers and interacting with co-workers. – less
Very diverse atmosphere and very hands on at times
Operations Management Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: management has no consistency
A typical day within the city of Atlanta is very diverse, and always changing. By the city of Atlanta being a public facility and all walks of life visit and work there, there is never a dull moment and something always exciting is going on. The hardest part of the job may be meeting deadlines at moments notice.
GREAT
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Professional work environment.
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 3, 2014
Pros: the coa is not just another job.
Cons: unable to tele-work when emergencies necessitate.
The workplace is enjoyable and I look forward to going to work each and everyday. My co-workers and the work culture eliminate stress that can often come when working at break neck speed to bring projects to completion.

I would describe my days as being productive even while working at a fast pace because of the nourishing culture the City of Atlanta – more... (COA) has provided. It is an open working environment with a lot of transparency and freedom. From the minute I walked in the office I knew that this was a unique culture.

There are ample opportunities to take courses to keep you up to date with changes in laws, which would affect design decisions. The COA is always encouraging submission of white papers, which give one the initiative to get their ideas in engineering/project management journals.

I feel that the COA hired me because I represent the culture, which they have elicited - drive, energy and commitment. – less
I loved the process.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: working in the community, being a positive role model for others.
Cons: i didn't notice any.
I would get the chance to work for a hard working respectable community. I would get the chance to protect them and their families.
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Records Analyst (Former Employee), atlanta gaApril 30, 2014
Pros: it was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Cons: management style
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
City of Atlanta
Payroll Accountant Assistant, Payroll Team Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
I like the City of Atlanta, I started here in 1999. Overall I have had a great experience until 2013 when Management changed. They are the worst and they show a lot of favoritism. I like my coworkers. My job is easy. The hardest part of my job is Management.
Productive Place to work
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2014
Cons: high pressure atmosphere
The atmophere is charged with people moving to get things done. We are aware of the people that we interact with and serve. People are self managed and must be responsible for their actions. I learned legally how to handle conflict, the laws required on a state level to get a permit for a business. It was a great place to work.
The Pros and Cons of any position can be determined by you
Project Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
In my experience hard work and knowledge within your chosen field can lead to great control in determining overall experience of a given position. Your attitude and willingness to work with those around you is key in any job. Building strong relationships and thinking outside of the box can lead to great outcomes for an organization.
Great environment; little or no growth.
Utility Representative Sr (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: 401k, excellent benefits
Cons: there is no progressive movement
I currently work for the Department of Watershed in customer relations. I thoroughly enjoy meeting new faces from all walks of life in the rapidly growing metropolitan area of Atlanta. Through my tenure I have learned from our customers’ experiences whether they are personal or professional experiences. As a declaration from our present mayor; we have – more... a C.A.R.E. initiative which demands we give the best service possible to our constituents.

While I love working for the department; there is very diminutive growth, and little or no focus on collaborative teamwork. There is no perfect job that exists; only the willingness of team members striving towards excellence in all areas of life. – less
A constantly growing enviroment with many opportunities for advancement.
Atlanta Police Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great networking
Cons: the schedule can require much flexability.
A typical work day will be decided when you arrive and can change by the minute.

I have learned the teamwork is very vital but also being able to work independently is important.

Management is very complex but necessary.

My co-workers are important to me and come from various backgrounds which brings many perspectives to the decisions made on a daily – more... basis.

The hardest part of the job is making the best decision possible for the person you are assisting who can not function without your help.

The best part of the job would be the gratitude shown by the citizens who appreciate our service to the community. – less
Secure job where I dealt with children growing up in challenging situation.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great manager, close to home
Cons: n/a
my day would consist of making sure all children were fed twice a day breakfast and lunch. Also making sure they learned something productive daily and had fun doing so. I learned how to be more patient, understanding, and also sensible. My manager not only was he a great leader; some of his characteristics I incorporated the into my life and the helped – more... me to become a better man. Me and my co-workers worked together with helping the children with problems in camp and outside of camp. We all had a new outlook on life after those three months. Having to make sure the children were always in the right places and on time. It was very enjoyable being able to be hands-on with the campers. – less
Great Organization
analyst (Former Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: promotional advancement
Cons: n/a
Organization promotes advancement of its employees. Experienced and knowlegeable executive leadership.
Not for someone with ethics
Arborist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2014
Working in code enforcement I was told to grant consent to situations that did not meet code and witnessed fraud. Management was far more concerned about getting complaints than correct inspections. Not for someone with decent ethics.
Good use of resources.
Senior Land Use Planner (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Doing a lot with very few resources. Friendly environment.
Nice Place
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaFebruary 13, 2014
This is a fast paced place in all departments. There may be a time when things slow down but look for it to pick right back up soon. Co-workers can become a close family. It was an overall enjoyable place to work.
temp
Welder (Former Employee), atlanta gaFebruary 12, 2014
temp job wish I could have stayed with the company
they job was cool
the hours was good
the pay was good

1 2 3 4

About City of Atlanta

Count on Georgia's courts to interpret laws with the wisdom of Wapner and to dispense justice with the swiftness of Judy. The – Read more

City of Atlanta Photos