City of Atlanta

City of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
Communications Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
I am currently an intern. I have been afforded the opportunity to learn new skills sets such as excel, public speaking and crisis training. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I can go out and do event photography.

The hardest part of my job is getting people to do their part in group projects but overall I really enjoy the work I have been doing and hope to have an extended internship.
not the best place to work
Police Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2015
not the best place to work but it has some perks. for the most part i would not suggest anyone to work here there is nothing more to report
Great job
Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Research for patrons
Cons: Salary was not sufficient for the work load.
Managing a 3 story library with library patrons and building maintenance. I had a budget to present to the City Council every year and applied for grants when available. I learned to manage my time and employees.The hardest part of the job was managing employees and their work schedules. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patrons find books and helping patrons with research projects.
Exposed to variety of work tasks.
Senior Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: All the holidays
Cons: Working outside in bad weather.
Exposed to a variety of work tasks and work experiences.
Working as a team is the best way to get the job done safely.
Working in and exposure to bad weather.
Great Culture in the Administration
Safety and Training Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2015
The administration at the City of Atlanta is constantly changing, therefore, the culture changes often. In recent years there has been an effort to change the image of City Hall.
Valuable experience
Sr Project Manager - Greenspace Acquisition & Devt (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
A valuable experience in understanding the political and economic factors that drive the processes of municipal government.
Consistant Work Flow on a Day to Day Basis
Atlanta Municipal Court (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: No problems about your paycheck, Good Benefits, Pension
Cons: Payrate rarely changes even with annual evaluations
The typical work day is fast paste and requires vigilance. Usually the most enjoyable part of the day is 1st thing in the Morning. The hardest part of the job is maintaining consistency in work flow. Co-workers usually work well together and management is professional for the most part.
Good place to exercise
Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Good healt
Cons: Normal break time
• Performed day to day development and maintenance of data warehouse
• Utilized SSIS, SSRS and SSAS in developing data warehouse.
• BI troubleshoots spanning multiple sources.
• Analyzed existing business processes to ensure efficiency.
• Prepared project status reports and addressed BI issues.
• Developed BI dashboards and integrated data platforms.
• Coordinated with data architects to develop BI solutions.
• Provided internal and external application support.
N/A
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for Chick fil A. It was a great experience. I attended various training workshops and seminars that helped me develop my leadership skills.
City of Atlanta
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF CUSTOMER and Business Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Good Place to work, good people for the most part, slow career growth- Government firemen mentality culture needs to change to be more proactive and innovative with solutions to problems.
Great variety in work responsibilities and roles.
Dept. of Planning & Community Development (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Convenient location to downtown
COA is a great place to work; offers good benefits and retirement plans. I've learned how public policy works and how citizens can get involved in the legislative process. Great co-workers but management is can be unsupportive of team ideas. Most enjoyable aspect of my job is the variety of people I get to work with each day.
senor drive (Former Employee), 1527 northside Dr. Atlanta, Ga. 30324June 1, 2015
Iwould like a job in transpotation . No over the road.School bus, or transit bus, or truck class B. Atlanta,Fulton, or cobb county.
Its a great place to work if you have a family
HR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Great work life balance. There is not much room for advancement. Most new employees are not properly trained. The room for error is pretty big.
County Hospital
Administrative Assistant/Warehouse (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
Extremely high paced job, many different people and situations to deal with on a daily basis. Learned a lot of the administrative side of the admissions process such as, obtaining prior authorizations, medical records, updating different insurance plans in our internal system.
This is an excellent company to work for.
Paralegal (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: promotional opportunities
Cons: excellent health care and health awareness seminars
There are no typical days at work. I love the fact that I receive challenging work and a workload that is manageable. If I need assistance, I receive it. I have learned new legal skills and have had the opportunity to take continuing legal education coursework. The management team are professionals that work hard and have an open door policy. They allow opportunities. There is no hardest part of the job. Some assignments are challenging; however, I make the effort to understand the tasks by asking questions and making sure that any task that I undertake is complete and performed to the best of my skills, knowledge and ability. This is what keeps me on top of my game.
Productive Hard Worker
Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch
Cons: none
A typical day at work while working in the office would usually fly by due to heavy work load which was no issue for me .hjjifji hifkdj jkfjviodfjv jifjdvidknif jkdfjndfvn kdvnsfkvnjdk.
Fun and Awesome place to work.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work here was basically supervising the youth in everything that they had to do, from going to Arts or going to lunch. My co-workers there were all very helpful since the youth could never be left alone they had to always be supervised we all supervised all youth since our main job was to keep them safee.
This is a very good place to work with a culture of very experienced and education employees
Payroll Specialist, Sr (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Consistently, busy and called upon to perform multiple task. Very eager to help and assist when needed at any level. You work with great co-worker's, you receive on the job training at all levels. Promotional opportunities are always made available so that employee's in-house are given the first opportunity to advance.
Great place to work with friendly, helpful people
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 13, 2015
The City of Atlanta is a nice place to work and I love City Hall and the employees. Its a fun, stress free place to work and I love the environment and change from Chicago to Atlanta.
Great place to work to balance work and personal life
Payroll Supervisor, Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: result oriented
Cons: late hours to meet mandates
Typical day at work included connecting with supervisors of employees to receive time sheets and daily attendance reports.

Utilizing KRONOS to review electronic time clock punches and toubleshooting clock problems

Compiling reports for management for budget and admistrative purposes.

Training and supervising 3 team members for payroll duties.

1 2 3 4 5

About City of Atlanta

Count on Georgia's courts to interpret laws with the wisdom of Wapner and to dispense justice with the swiftness of Judy. The – Read more

City of Atlanta Salaries