City of Atlanta Employee Reviews

No Organization
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2017
You will not feel safe here no structure no organization no team work no critical thinking from upper management only from officers. No raises for officers only upper management. The only "benefit" that is not beneficial is that there is always ot you will never know if you are going home or not.
Pros
free lunch(fattening foods), 16.50 dollar hour job
Cons
horrible leadership and management
Great Place to Work, Great Benifits
Procurement/ Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2017
The City of Atlanta is one of the best places to work with a good work environment. It is a face paced environment with significant advancement opportunities.
Tech II Mechanic (Current Employee) –  City of Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
Job has multiple problems, management is extremely poor , literally an unhealthy environment to work in , maggots spew out of garbage trucks while management expecting tech to work
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good working environment
Date Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta gaNovember 28, 2017
I would go back if they were better then they were back then ,they had a lot going on then people stealing a lot but over all it was. Good place to work
Pros
Great experience working with a lot of people
Cons
A lot of did honest going on 618
Very suitable workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
I love City of Atlanta. They work with you on whatever it is you need . I have grown so much in my professionalism. i have also improved my Public Speaking skills tremendously .
Relaxed Environment
WATERSHED INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 9, 2017
I worked at City of Atlanta as a Watershed Inspector for 13 years.
I worked Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m -4:30 p.m then switched to Emergency Response on the night shift from 4:30 p.m.-12:00 a.m. .Monday- Friday with rotating weekend shifts.
I learned customer service,i learned how to conduct myself in a professional work environment, i learned growth, responsibility, i learned how to apply myself. I learned that hard work does pay off. Working at the City they taught me how to pull plaque cards and scadaver sheets and read blueprints, they also taught me how to map out locations.
The hardest part of the job was going down into the sewer systems and trunklines because you was risking your life
City of Atlanta Watershed Department
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
Depends on management team at the facility that makes it satisfying or not, Can be stressful at my level based on the management team. Benefits are good and my subordinates are great guys to work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
As supervisor you are not compensated for working overtime.
Adventurous
Camp Counselor Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2017
This was a very challenging and adventurous place to work. The kids came from different backgrounds and every day was unpredictable. I welcomed the challenge and excitement.
Pros
You feel love and needed by the kids everyday you show up at work
Cons
The kids aren't always the most obedient with you or each other
Great company to work for
Data Analyst, Sr.- (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
Great company to work for in all aspects - Great Benefits - Great opportunity for advancement The most enjoyable is the ability to take training classes to further your career - It is a company that you would never want to leave and to retire from
Work
Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
A typical day of work consists of answering emails, completing reports, assisting customers and assisting co-workers.
You can get into long term employment with City of Atlanta for reasonably low wages compared to other major cities and lack of career advancement.
Pros
long term employment
Cons
Low salary wages and lack of career advancement
sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2017
we worked on the back of a truck so that we could collect trash from the different neighborhoods. we took the trash to the landfill daily. We kept parks clean daily.
Pros
working near home
Political
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
If you know someone (fraternity, sorority), or are willing to do favors beyond your job description (including unethical behavior) you may survive there.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Heavy office politics
Exciting
Receptionist/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
I would arrive to work early to take messages off the phone and open the office. This job was very interesting in which i learned a lot about the engineering part of a building and all the things you need to do before you can start adding on to your property.
City of Atlanta
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
Department of Recreation:Accounting Tech was responsible for approval spending request for the different recreation centers. Submit balance reports to Director.
It was a learning experience
Chamber Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, TXOctober 9, 2017
In addition to the other information provided about my position with the Atlanta Area Chamber of Commerce. I loved the planning and implementation of Chamber sponsored events. I enjoyed the work.
Pros
Working business to business
Cons
Micromanagement
The best part about the job
Sr. Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
The best perk is overtime pay. I get paid overtime (16hr shifts) after working 40 hours per week.So I’m glad to have the overtime work while I’m getting paid for it! The second-best perk is the extra cash in my 401K. I put 6% of my pay into my 401K and my employer matches it with a 40% matching contribution. My overtime pay increases both my contribution and my employer’s match. It’s like getting two bonuses!
Great place to work+
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Learning the operation of the airport administration and all the purchases that is required to operate the airport. The team was great we received great reviews.
Pros
no Free lunch
Easy work
Correction Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
Its a good place to work if you have no kids and no family. I work three 16 Hour shifts at least 3 times a week because we are so short staff because everyone is leaving to go somewhere better. Very poor management.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
To much overtime
fun
Administrative Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
High pace... great learning opportunities and room for advancement. Leadership team to encourage career opportunities. Wellness program and others programs encouraged
Ethics
Trainer and Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2017
If you are looking to advance in your career, do not work under the Atlanta 311 umbrella. There is lots of favortism and unfair treatment by upper management. The city of Atlanta needs to clean house beginning with management because there are several individuals who have been working there and do not believe in following policy. Rules are subjective to whomever management feels they want to abide or not.
Pros
pay, pension, schedule
Cons
favortism, lack of growth, no confidentiality