City of Atlantic City Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Less work but more liability
Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 7, 2015
Being a Sr. PST is less work but more liability. You become responsible for an entire shift. The people you are used to working side by side with are now your subordinates. There are many personality changes.

The hardest part of the job is being able to separate friendships from the duties of the title. However, the most enjoyable part is being the go-to person on the shift.
Pros
Pay raise
Cons
more liability
Good fullfilling job
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is fulfilling everyday knowing Im helping the people in the city where I'm from. From my time there I have learned customer service and how to deal with the public, how to think fast on my feet to keep the wheel rolling may that be picking up when a co worker cant or taking initiative in making decisions when on my own to help the reach its goal. The hardest part of the job is having a heart, you want to help everyone the best to their wishes but sometimes you just cant but knowing you gave your all is enough
Fun
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2014
Fun place to work, you build lasting relationships with the children, teachers and parents you see on a daily basis
Pros
can still handle all business during your day, great benefits
Cons
not many work hours
Working in poverty
Truck Driver/ Heavy Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 15, 2012
Working under the cost of living. You have to keep two jobs to survive. Great Benefits that's the best thing, the only thing this job has to offer.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no advancments. under paid
Crossing children to and from school.
Crossing Guard/Traffic Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 17, 2014
I love going to my schoolpost daily to meet and greet the children as they walk to and from school. I invest time and interest by asking them questions about their home lives and school. I remind them to stay focused and offer them resources to make certain they are successful.
Pros
working with children and plenty of holidays.
Cons
bad weather such as rain or extreme cold.
easy-going work place great place to work
laberor/trash truck (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 27, 2012
basically my day starts at 5am. I come in greet my supervisors , some fellow empoyees and i wait for my work assignment.Some co-workers are easy to get along with then others. Hardest part of the job is getting there i mean its tough especially when you got to empty trash can all day but once you get pumping everything good Most enjoyable part is clocking out
Productive place to work.
Key Boarding Clerk 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work, answering the phones, typing and other clerical duties. I learned a lot here and I am still learning. My co-workers and I work together as a division to get the job done.
fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 25, 2014
Kids swimming, pool activities, pleasant co-workers, safe environment

4.2