City of Augusta Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Office Life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Working for the City of Augusta is, in my opinion, has been a good learning experience for the field of study I pursued in college. The work is steady and management is great.
Difficult Envionment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 25, 2017
There is no room for professional growth. The people are too complacent and set in the old way of doing things. Change is not easily accepted or encouraged.
Decent Place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 1, 2017
If you are not looking to get rich, or if you have more than one income, the City of Augusta Central Services division is for you. The people you work with area great, and management is excellent. You are well cared for in that aspect. However, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and your 1 year probation period restarts if you take a new position.
Pros
Great family life, management, job quality
Cons
beaurocratic, poor wages, probation periods
It's horrible, Like working for the mofia!
Senior Maintenance Professional (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Unreal place to work. The supervisors treat and talk to you as if you were dirt, and when you try and let it be known by following chain of command you'll find the managers taking up for the supervisors that you complained about. Then it's on! You have more bad days than good after that. You are constantly told to do more, and more work without any words of more pay ever! The managers and supervisors have a do as I say not as I do attitude. Lord forbid if you try and stand up for yourself, when you have had enough. You will only make it worse on yourself. Family of the long time employees have no problems getting a job and moving up the ladder, but someone who actually gets a job for what they know not who they know, don't stand a chance, the who you knows will get the better job every time.
A good righteous person will be over whelmed by what they see on a daily as a city employee. I am thankful to have a job but at the same time I am ashamed of the Company I work for. I am bidding my time until I can find another job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoy working there
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Productive, very influential, like what I do, good time management, like working with my coworkers, business savvy, filing techniques, computer knowledge, filing, copying files
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Boring
Utilitv Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSFebruary 6, 2015
This was an interesting place to work, I enjoyed learning about utility ins and outs. Fast passed in the mornings, but slow in the after noon
Pros
close to home
Cons
clicky
City Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day working for the the City of Augusta is quite fun. Work starts at 8:30 am and I visit different properties throughout the county until about 4:30 pm. I then turn in my county vehicle and prepare to close all my open work orders and go home at 5 pm.
Hard work but fairly easy going.
Refuse Collector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSSeptember 30, 2014
So long that work is completed on time, it can be an easy going place to work. Some drama working in city government, but for the most part it is a decent place to work. Hard to advance.
Pros
Nice Schedule
Cons
Fairly dirty job
Great training but difficult for advancements
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 29, 2013
Formal and/or informal morning meeting with supervisor. Preparation of bucket trucks for daily field environment. Routine and/or unscheduled maintenance of intersections. Frequent calls on malfunctioned traffic signals. Rigorous shop and field training. Good working environment. Difficult for career advancement in current department.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 6, 2012
Supervise 8-12 employees
Meeting with the public
In the business lots of hard days when children were involved
Being able to be outside a lot
Helpful fellow employees
Secretary (Current Employee) –  City HallMarch 1, 2012
The City of Augusta is a wonderful place to work. Although I came in as a "temp" everyone was very helpful and very kind. The secretary I was temping for left very good notes on the job responsibilities and the City Manager was very patient with me. Everyone in City Hall was welcoming and helpful.
Great pay for a small City Water Plant
Water Plant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSDecember 8, 2011
Earned good money and plenty of overtime. Unfortunately that OT consisted of working every other weekend, working holiday weeks, and being on call every other week. Management also wasn't that great. Always being expected to do a lot, when there wasn't a whole lot to do, while management sat around, especially during "lunch", while he didn't clock out, sat down, ate, and played on FB and other things on the internet for an hour.
Pros
great pay
Cons
everything else