City of Aurora Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 8, 2017
This is one of the best places i have ever worked at hands down. The management is on point with their knowledge and decision making. I highly recommend trying to get a job there it turns into a career extremely fast with room for advancement.
I liked the job kept me busy which I liked.
Sewer and Water Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NEDecember 21, 2016
I enjoyed going to work there. However, they seemed to have employees that had lack of respect for other employees. The supervisor also did not step up and resolute any situations between other employee. I was a minority (black) at this job and many people made racial comments that were offensive and nothing was done about it even when I reported it. The job it's self was a typical 8 to 5 job and I enjoyed the work but my co-workers were selfish and disrespectful.
Fun and easy place to work
Street Department (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 18, 2016
It was a nice job to have over the summer. It pays well and I don't work long hours. Some people it's hard to work with some it's easy and fun to work with. Some jobs are harder than others, there is many jobs to do, but basically all work consists of is making Aurora look clean and nice for people.
Great People to Work With
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 6, 2016
City of Aurora is a great place to work, so many knowledgeable staff, get to work with all of the departments when working in the Finance Department...
Supportive and fun work place
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Sulfisburg Park & Phillips ParkSeptember 30, 2016
The job was overall easy, I got along very well with both my co-workers and employer. As long as you got your tasks done, which are fairly easy, the job will seem a breeze to anyone.
Nice place to work
ATHLETIC UMPIRE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2016
The good part of working as an umpire was being able to pick which games you wanted to work and they were very accommodating with getting to know the job.
Fun Jobe
swim instructor I taught young students (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2016
Constructing and maintaining aquatic facilities. Maintaining pools include cleaning, proper chemical balance, chemical testing, and repairs to equipment. Most repairs consist of plumbing, concrete work, tiling, and installing and repairing pumps, filters, and heaters. Being able to handle and maintain hazards materials and chemicals. Being able to lift 50lbs to 100lbs and to constantly being able to lift heavy equipment and tools was a constant task working in Aquatic Maintenance. In order for me to be able to accomplish doing my job well I had to learn the equipment I was working with and how to fix and maintain it.
Nice pool
AURORA (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 13, 2016
The management at Utah pool is terrible. They have less people everytime and finding someone to cover your shift during an emergency or for when you're sick, it's impossible to find you have to come in, being sick anyway.
Pros
The kids are great
Cons
Theres no one you can count on to cover shifts for you
Easy going and productive
SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2016
- Fun and relaxed place to work
- Inclusive staff
- Easy but busy work days
- Very disconnected management with workers
- Short shifts
Cons
short breaks, limited work hours
Fun and engaging
Recreation Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 16, 2016
When employed here I thought it was fun and interactive. Every day w as different which was a major plus.Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Good
SEASONAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2016
Great job for high school/college students. Days go by very fast at the parks. Co-workers became friends, and was a great environment.
great family environment
Life guard and team lead head guard (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2016
this was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed communicating with the patrons of the park. I learned a lot about management and how to work as a team. my co workers were great and fun to work with. the hardest part of the job entailed dealing with drunk patrons in the park. the most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
self managed team
Cons
it was hot out in the sun
Fast Paced work environment
Contract Court Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 31, 2015
Being a Court Clerk, I was in a fast paced environment, working with hundreds of people a week. I was able to provide exceptional customer to call clients and attorney's that came to my window.
City of Aurora good place - no advancement though
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Library and Cultural ServicesDecember 24, 2015
The city of Aurora is a great place to work. However, despite taking every internal management certification, there appears to be no hope of advancing here. If you are content to be a "worker bee" and just make it to retirement, this may be the place for you.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor health care choices and little chance of advancement
Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2015
Great agency, fun loving caring employees. Training is very intense but worth it. Most employees have been there over 15, 20 25 years and don't want to retire because they really enjoy working here. Overall rating from 1-10 , is a 10 or better.
Was ok to work for
Certified Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  City of AuroraJuly 26, 2015
my typical work day was cleaning the whole facility while managing lifeguards balancing chemicals keeping on time tests of the chemicals doing any extra work they had weather it be making coffee filing cleaning fecal matter helping people who hurt them selfs
i learned a good work ethic and the drive to keep going
the managment was very weak and would think alot of themselfs
my co workers where often eather hard working or lazy
the hardest part of my job was being awake at 4 am to be there setting up at 5 am and doing 11 hour work days
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and them being glad for the assistance
Cons
no breaks you may not leave the facility
A decent job for someone without a college education.
Water Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2015
I worked in the pumping division and it was a joke. I learned quite a bit by myself but there was never any real kind of training. It was more like here it is, do it. Most of my co-workers were great however there were some bad ones. Management is not very good. There are way too many managers for the amount of employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unprofessionalism from management.
Pros
Good entry level job
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Great opportunity to earn valuable real-life experiance
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2015
During my summer internship with City of Aurora, I was given the opportunity to work a full time on an urban water pipe replacement project. I was working with the engineers at the city of Aurora and also with the contractor ans sub-contractors on the field. I have learned many valuable lessons about engineering and communication.
Great way to help your city.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 17, 2015
Great atmosphere with a rewarding feeling when seeing results of projects you worked on. The Director was an amazing mentor and teacher.
Poor conditions
Animal Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 24, 2015
Poor leadership, benefits are terrible and so is pay. Your A typical corporation all about the money.
Cons

Comment – March 11, 2015

Worked there as well. The Management is terrible! There is no way I would ever go back. As an enforcement job there should be some understanding and knowledge from management about the work done, but there is not. Management from the top down is poor. Animal Care has no good supervision and people are leaving as fast as they come in. I would stay away if you want to stay sane! Its run like a bad business and employees are under appreciated and overworked. Don't know about the rest of the City Functions or jobs but Animal Care is in poor shape and the new manager is a terrible person with ambitions that have no limits. Stay out of her way!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Aurora. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Aurora Reviews by Location