City of Aurora Employee Reviews in United States

Good
SEASONAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2016
Great job for high school/college students. Days go by very fast at the parks. Co-workers became friends, and was a great environment.
great family environment
Life guard and team lead head guard (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2016
this was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed communicating with the patrons of the park. I learned a lot about management and how to work as a team. my co workers were great and fun to work with. the hardest part of the job entailed dealing with drunk patrons in the park. the most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
self managed team
Cons
it was hot out in the sun
Fast Paced work environment
Contract Court Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 31, 2015
Being a Court Clerk, I was in a fast paced environment, working with hundreds of people a week. I was able to provide exceptional customer to call clients and attorney's that came to my window.
City of Aurora good place - no advancement though
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Library and Cultural ServicesDecember 24, 2015
The city of Aurora is a great place to work. However, despite taking every internal management certification, there appears to be no hope of advancing here. If you are content to be a "worker bee" and just make it to retirement, this may be the place for you.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor health care choices and little chance of advancement
Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2015
Great agency, fun loving caring employees. Training is very intense but worth it. Most employees have been there over 15, 20 25 years and don't want to retire because they really enjoy working here. Overall rating from 1-10 , is a 10 or better.
Was ok to work for
Certified Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  City of AuroraJuly 26, 2015
my typical work day was cleaning the whole facility while managing lifeguards balancing chemicals keeping on time tests of the chemicals doing any extra work they had weather it be making coffee filing cleaning fecal matter helping people who hurt them selfs
i learned a good work ethic and the drive to keep going
the managment was very weak and would think alot of themselfs
my co workers where often eather hard working or lazy
the hardest part of my job was being awake at 4 am to be there setting up at 5 am and doing 11 hour work days
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and them being glad for the assistance
Cons
no breaks you may not leave the facility
A decent job for someone without a college education.
Water Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2015
I worked in the pumping division and it was a joke. I learned quite a bit by myself but there was never any real kind of training. It was more like here it is, do it. Most of my co-workers were great however there were some bad ones. Management is not very good. There are way too many managers for the amount of employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unprofessionalism from management.
Pros
Good entry level job
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Great opportunity to earn valuable real-life experiance
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2015
During my summer internship with City of Aurora, I was given the opportunity to work a full time on an urban water pipe replacement project. I was working with the engineers at the city of Aurora and also with the contractor ans sub-contractors on the field. I have learned many valuable lessons about engineering and communication.
Great way to help your city.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 17, 2015
Great atmosphere with a rewarding feeling when seeing results of projects you worked on. The Director was an amazing mentor and teacher.
Poor conditions
Animal Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 24, 2015
Poor leadership, benefits are terrible and so is pay. Your A typical corporation all about the money.

Comment – March 11, 2015

Worked there as well. The Management is terrible! There is no way I would ever go back. As an enforcement job there should be some understanding and knowledge from management about the work done, but there is not. Management from the top down is poor. Animal Care has no good supervision and people are leaving as fast as they come in. I would stay away if you want to stay sane! Its run like a bad business and employees are under appreciated and overworked. Don't know about the rest of the City Functions or jobs but Animal Care is in poor shape and the new manager is a terrible person with ambitions that have no limits. Stay out of her way!!

Strong work environment
Seasonal 2 (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Work days are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4pm.
Management for the City of Aurora is very responsible and dedicated to their work.
Pros
good work environment
The people and work culture make for a pleasant work environment
Courtroom Assistant/Bailiff (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 24, 2014
Awesome group of people work for the City of Aurora. They are highly professional with a great attitude towards service. I absolutely love working here. If not for the pay and slow opportunity for advancement, I would not mind working here until retirement-- which most people do.
Pros
work environment and people
Cons
pay and limited opportunities for growth
once was an enjoyable palce to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2014
Until new management took over, Aurora Reservoir was a blast to work at.
Pros
beautiful scenery
Cons
work through lunch
Swim and Work
Water Safety Instructor, Life Guard (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 30, 2014
I enjoy this company, but don't find myself staying here forever. It's ideal for someone going to school as a part time job, but there certainly is not much room for personal advancement.
Pros
flexible, simple
Cons
short term
Great people and administration to work for.
Traffic Signs and Markings Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2014
A typical day would consist of fabricating street name signs, and installing them. I learned to be a team player and to work closely with my co-workers. Management was alright, although when it was time for reviews it could become a little dicey. My co-workers for the most part were professional and conducted themselves as such. The hardest part of the job was actually dealing with the public when installing no parking signs in front of someone's home. The most enjoyable part of the job was to ride around the city and be proud of the pavement markings, street names signs, and other jobs that were completed by our crews.
Pros
stable job, good work environment, personal vehicle.
Cons
raises, and healthcare started to decline
Professional, progressive environment
Client Services Manager, I.T. Department (Former Employee) –  City HallMarch 1, 2014
Working for the City of Aurora was a great experience. Great people, great benefits.
Pros
breat benefits
Cons
advancement opportunities are limited for most.
A lot of different challanges!
Program Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2014
With an ever changing environment like a call center, adjustments had to continously be made. At times the demand felt overwhelming but there was a solid team of reps, and supervisors to help keep it in order.
Lifeguarding is serious yet fun
Lifeguard/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 16, 2013
I've been working for the city for 4 years. It can be boring watching people swim for hours and hours, but my coworkers make it worth it. We all have diverse backgrounds and it makes for an entertaining workplace. I also teach lessons which is both fun and rewarding. I really enjoy working with the children.
Pros
fun, good pay
Cons
no benifits or full time positions
I have never had to work a day in my life!
Telecommunicator Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 3, 2013
My father has always told my "If you do something you enjoy. You never have to work a day in your life!"

I am fortunate enough to be one of those lucky few. I believe in why we do what we do within the City of Aurora Public Safety Communications Department.

My co-worker, for the most part, are amazing.
Pros
statifaction of exceling in my line of work.
Cons
poor leadership and management team.
Productive and fun workplace dealing with elementary students in Aurora Public Schools
After School Leader/ Field Monitor (Current Employee) –  AuroraOctober 26, 2013
Pros
engaging with students
Cons
insufficient hours