City of Baytown Employee Reviews

secure job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Working for the city of Baytown is a great experience you can grow within your department. they say you can move around to other parts of the city of baytown but i found this hard because i would apply for diffrent position that i was qualified for and woud not even get called for interviews for the other positions.
Pros
employee appreciation, and 11 payed holidays. Sick time, and vacation time
Cons
i think they main cons were that is not as easy as they make it to seem to move around in the city
Productive and fun workplace with a basketball court
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 17, 2017
Every day I am always wanting to come to work. There has never been a day where I never wanted to come in for work. I have learned a lot about the fundamentals of traffic control and safety. The management was fair and very respectful. The workplace was clean and very well structured. The only major hard part of the job was working in the intense weather, such as either the hot sun or heavy rain. As for the most enjoyable part, definitely being able to work with my amazing coworkers.
Human Resources Specialist (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 9, 2017
The benefits at the City of Baytown are great. The employer / employee engagement is good too. Being apart of the City is a great feeling.....you're a part of something!
Environmental Health Specialist 11
Health Department Registered Sanitarian (Current Employee) –  Health DepartmentJune 7, 2017
As a Registered Sanitarian my daily activities focus on public health. The main job duties daily are to perform routine food establishment inspection to ensure state guidelines are being follow for proper handling of food for the consumer. In my 10 years of experience I have learned with the divers cultures in the work force today explaining the importance of public health and teaching establishments to proper guidelines to ensure safety. Working for the City of Baytown the management team is very knowledgeable in their fields and are good mentors with opportunities for grow and advancement in the workplace. The workplace is very friendly and always willing to help others and different departments. The hardest part of my job is establishment not willing to be incompliance and issuing citations for violations. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer service with establishments and citizens in the city of Baytown.
Great City to work for
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 6, 2017
For the most part the co-workers were great to work with. Like any company you have your pros and your cons. Sometimes the cons seemed more that the pros
I enjoyed my time there
Receptionist, HR Assist, HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 14, 2016
I simply was ready for advancement and was not able to do this if I stayed. I was ready for a more advanced role with more responsibility. Although the benefits are very good.
Productive and fun
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 14, 2016
The City of Baytown is a great place to work. They are very friendly and very productive. They try and let everyone get to know each other so its easy to work with anyone there.
Fantastic place to work
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 14, 2016
Wonderful experience in multiple departments over close to 10 years. Great opportunities to develop and grow professionally. Leadership truly looks out for the interests of employees. Would love to return there someday.
The program was very educational
ExxonMobil Summer Youth Program (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 5, 2016
On certain days we where taken to different locations around the city to become familiar with Baytown. My co-workers were kind and helpful. A family-like relationship was developed. There were no hard days.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours were available
Loved the atmosphere
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 17, 2016
My favorite library of all time. Worked well with all the staff. They have so many activities for the entire community and all age groups.
Great coworkers and work environment.
Inspe (Current Employee) –  BaytownJuly 21, 2016
Great training opportunities, management appreciates good effort, and administration rewards employees often. Benefits are about average with other government agencies.
productive and had fools ball table
Utility Maintence Tech (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 1, 2016
clock in and wait for job assignment recieve assignment start work day finish work write ticket go home clock out also working in any weather
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work might consists of timely things
water park
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 16, 2015
Loved how organized they where and knew how to keep everyone organized but would have fun events after long days of work and keep employs happy and less un motivated.
great place to work with people of lots of knowledge
Utility Construction Foreman (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 1, 2015
I enjoy working here just would like to pursue my degree. There is lots of opportunity for overtime and advancement. I will stay here till a chemical plant calls my name
hard work
Maintenance Worker Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
lots of hard work maintenance workers were required to clean park and maintain correct ph levels for pool. Learned a lot at this job site also how to work water pumps to keep pools filtering.
Steady employment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 12, 2015
The job is steady, has no room for advancement, lacks proper consistent communication; along with excessive micro management makes for a stressful work environment.
Benefits
Cons
micro management, poor communication
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Excellent benefits and pay, unfortunately there was not a lot of room for advancement at the time that I was employed here, but this was an excellent comapny.
Professional and structured work environment.
Utility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 13, 2015
Excellent place to work and excellent staff. Pay was satisfactory but slim chances for advancement while receiving satisfactory benefits.
Pros
Holidays off.
Cons
Weather conditions due to working outside.
A great place to gain experience.
Park Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2015
This job provided excellent pay for a summer job, it would have been even better if I would have been employed with the city full time. All in all I still had an incredible time.
Pros
Meeting new and inspiring people on a consistent basis.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
A Good Old Boy Place
Deputy Director of Emergnecy Managment (Former Employee) –  BaytownMarch 12, 2014
If you're not a Good Old Boy and friends with the Emergency Management Director, The Assistant City Manager or finance Director you won't fit it. The Emergency Management Director claims to have a BS or BA but know one has ever seen his transcripts. That's probably why he is against having his AEM or CEM credential.
Pros
State Retirement
Cons
As mentioned above.