City Of Bellevue Employee Reviews

Awesome people
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2017
This job is the hardest I have done but the most rewarding. What you learn as a 911 dispatcher you will keep with you even if you don't pass the training. The experiences are life changing.
OK place to work
Tax Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 11, 2017
Great work life balance. Management is friendly. Some employees behave like spoiled children - lazy, incompetent, poor attitude. Some employees do work hard. Culture was very coddling. They would rather you feel good about working there over productivity.
If you enjoy being alone staring at a computer for 8 hours without help this is the place for you
Geospatial Technology Services (GTS) Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2017
There is so much "common knowledge" that they expect you to know-I am not sure how since you just started, but hay figure it out. There is a database with "how too" that are outdated when you follow one of those and it's wrong they expect you to know that.
I was miserable-no training, no one to go to for help. You are in a cubical so even if anyone was around you wouldn't know who was in your department.
Pros
I only had to do this for 1 quarter
Cons
If you know it all then you might be happy here
Great experience
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2017
Had a great time. All the management staff were very friendly and helped mentor me to prepare for my future career goals. Co-workers were very professional.
Fellow employees are dedicated and hard workers
Telemetry and Security Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 5, 2017
Fellow employees are dedicated and know how to do thier jobs well.
Senior management feels the need to be constantly re-inventing how things are done or to addopt the lates trends. Little thought is given to the years of staff knowledge and history that is lost when employees leave because of the next great experament.....
Pros
Staff knowledge is high
Cons
upper managament feels the need to constantly re-invent, which causes senior staff to leave.
Overall nice place to work!
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2016
I have a nice work environment and work with great people. I spend the day providing support to the City Attorney's Office.
Pros
Nice employee recognition
Cons
There is no flexibility with work schedule
Great people to work with in the Corporate Strategies Group
Business Analyst - Corporate Strategies Group (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked part time at the City of Bellevue in the Corporate Strategies Group. It was a wonderful group to work with and they were always open to sharing and teaching their knowledge.
Fun and rewarding workplace.
Utilities Seasonal Worker (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 11, 2015
Every day is different which is a major plus for most people. Benefits and perks are hard to match these days. Fun and competent group of people work there.
Pros
Salaries and benefits are above average.
Cons
Politics that go along with government jobs.
Great Place to work.
Roads Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 29, 2015
Great Place to work. Good hours. Supervisors are easy to get along with. You are providing a service to the taxpayer. Safe equipment.
Pros
Good hours
Good compensation and benefits
IT FINANCE/BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 1, 2015
Culture is all about becoming a High Performance Workforce, work/live balance varies depending upon what time of year it is and whether or not it's a budget year.
Great organization to work with.
Accounting Associate, Utilities Division (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 27, 2015
The City of Bellevue is a great organization to work with. Best part of the job, working and collaborating with all the great folks through out the City.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible work schedule.
Fantastic Agency
Pavement Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 1, 2015
I've spent the last year working for Bellevue and have absolutely loved it. I'm only looking at other positions because I'm an intern and would like to reenter work at full time.
Pros
Full time benefits are pretty amazing
Excellent place to work
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR. (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2015
The city of bellevue provided a stimulating work environment..With access to work related education tools, encouraged personal improvement, included a very good benefits and retirement package .
Good student work
Lifeguard on Lake Washington (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 13, 2015
Working here as a student was excellent because it was very flexible with class schedules. Everyone you worked with was very happy to have your help, and they were also understanding that as a student you had a lot of other tasks on your plate.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
great hours
Recreation Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 14, 2014
The pay isn't as great as other City locations, but generally I like how I can choose the hours I am available.
Beautiful City Facility
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 17, 2013
Busy city offices/facilities where many patrons came in, called, or emailed regarding registering for classes, programs, or permits.
Very friendly work atmosphere and strong team concepts
Senior Financial Analysts (Current Employee) –  Finance/AccountingOctober 30, 2013
Strong team atmosphere and I would highly recommend a place to work.
Great way for young people to particiapate in plays in a recreational atmosphere.
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 12, 2013
Wonderful environment that combines theatre and recreation with just the right balance.,
Pros
Everyone gets a part.
Cons
Sometimes the show becomes more important than the process
Very friendly place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 6, 2012
I enjoyed to work every day. Good team work. Good equipment. Professional management.
Best management experience & job training.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2012
I enjoyed my experience immensely. People were open & shared ideas for what was best for all. Rewarded for a job well done. Spent more time analyzing & designing than coding which is precisely what an analyst should do. Great co-workers and management. Too bad most corporations don't follow the same methodology.
Pros
management, training, co-workers.
Cons
outsourced itdepartment by non-it city managers