CITY OF BIG SPRING

CITY OF BIG SPRING Employee Reviews

Productive and busy employer
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXNovember 5, 2014
I worked here a short time and I would still be there if I had not moved. Great people to work with in the Utilities Department. Great environment and good benefits.
People were good to work with.
Assist production workers (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: being out in the 100 degree heat for 8 hours.
I enjoyed working here the people were easy to get along with, the supervisor was willing to show you how to do new things and was always willing to work with you if you needed off.
Long hours and grumpy people to work with.
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXJune 20, 2012
Pros: good work, and benefits
Cons: the people you worked with.
over all this job is ok the people I worked with were not so good. They stabbed you in the back to keep themselves out of trouble. Would not work as a team and did not talk to the on coming shift just ran off.
Nice people great benefits
Fire Department Secretary (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXMay 23, 2012
This job was in my hometown, where everyone knows everyone and I worked with people that I went to school with or whom have otherwise known me all or most of my life.
Good job for career minded people that fit the culture.
Parks Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Parks DepartmentFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits and wonderful people
Cons: limited resources typical of municipal work.
I have been well supported by my superiors in this job. It is hard to entice people to the job when private companies offer short term high income even in an unstable market. The community does not realize the difficulty of the work that must be performed under the difficult circumstances of city pay vs oil industry compensation during an oil boom. However, this job has many rewards, especially as it relates to the quality of the individual employees