CITY OF BOULDER

CITY OF BOULDER Employer Reviews

Productive, Creative mindset, and fun.
Water Sports Instructor (Former Employee), Boulder Reservoir, 5565 51st St, Boulder, CO 80301June 18, 2014
Pros: cultivation of innovative ideas that can be applied to anything in particular.
Cons: struggle of coming up with tangible and workable ideas.
A typical day at work starts with the cultivation of innovative ideas that synthesize knowledge from juxtaposing and related fields and applying them to the task at hand. Next is the communication of the idea through diagrams, renderings, drawings, and verbal conveyance. Visually, the information is organized and easily understood.
Good Summer Job
Parks & Recreation Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 1, 2014
Must be able to work well with customers and be able to multitask. Must be prepared to deal with unhappy customers and know how to problem solve. For the most part you are on your own with occasional check-ups by the management.
I think that the City of Boulder is an excellent place to work.
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 31, 2014
I think that the City of Boulder is an excellent place to work due largely to the quality of people who are in management positions. I've worked at quite a few jobs in my life, and I've come to appreciate when an employer emphasizes good character, fairness, hard work, coopertion and fun. If the pay is slightly lower than I feel it should be, I understand – more... because the city of Boulder is on a fairly tight budget and I feel they do pretty well with the budget they have. – less
Supporting environment, promotes employee growth
Various Positions (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoJune 15, 2013
Pros: bus pass; easy commute
Cons: time constraints
The management was always supportive, with an open door policy.
Co-workers were also helpful and there was great teamwork.
The hardest part was juggling the many demands at the same time and the time constraints of being an hourly employee.
The most rewarding and enjoyable part was on accomplishing my goals and feeling good about having done a good – more... job and helped people. – less
Very secular community position
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 17, 2013
Pros: beautiful town
Cons: very expensive place to live
Boulder is a beautiful city. Well kept, but very expensive. Entirely college orientated.
Overall, great place to work.
Technical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 11, 2013
Pros: always learning something new.
Cons: my position was ending due to budget cuts.
-Typical day was diving into reading, writing -research.
-Always learning something new about water quality.
-Management was great.
-Co-workers were great.
-The hardest part was learning that our new City Manager was cutting my new position.
-I enjoyed working independently and the interesting work.
Library Clerk (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2013
The staff and management are great to work with. My positions allows me to engage with citizens on a daily basis. They make the city and my department what it is. It is a very rewarding feild.
Excellent work environment
Flatirons Golf Course Operations (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free golf, wonderful co-workers, ability to take non-scheduled breaks
Cons: weather-dependency impacts hours, frozen wages
My responsibilities included providing excellent customer service in the pro shop by greeting guests, answering phones, data entry, cashiering and running the golf course on time. Opening and closing the golf course alone has been trusted to me, and I also took care of any necessary outdoor work such as range-picking, cart washing, and on-course ranger – more... duties to maintain pace of play.

I learned the most about customer service and how to maintain a professional demeanor even when stress levels are high. I've worked my way up to a co-manager position, and all of my co-workers are helpful, knowledgeable, and fun to work with.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the regular players and sharing a laugh or two about their round afterwards. Saturdays and Sundays in our peak-season are by far the hardest days, you need to be on top of your game by maintaining an organized tee-sheet, pace of play, and checking in players as fast as possible so they can enjoy their round. – less

About CITY OF BOULDER

Boulder City Hospital is deeply committed to the community and is fully focused on the services it provides. Boulder City Hospital – Read more