CITY OF BROWNSVILLE Employee Reviews

productive workplace where i learned alot
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXJanuary 8, 2015
simple job not much to do follow instructions and be curtious to guests
It is a fun place to work at
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXAugust 7, 2014
In this job we communicate with the kids. We get them to entertain themselves. We teach them new things, play sports, do arts and crafts, go out for field trips, have events for the kids and invite family members. Do janitorial work if necessary. We are responsible for delivery of all recreations, leisure and sport programs and activities in order to provide opportunities and encourage and promote a healthy lifestyle for all community residents.
JOB DUTIES
ANIMAL CARE TECH 1 (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 15, 2014
CLEANING AND SANITIZING EVERY ANIMAL
KENNEL, PAPERWORK, VACCINATING ANIMALS
EUTHANIZING ANIMALS, CUSTOMER SERVICE
Eye opening
Public Records Processor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: work hours
A typical day involved coding and entering reports into computer, filing, making copies, cashiering, data-entry.
It was a good part time job that helped me pay off some of my debt.
Administrative Technician (Former Employee), Brownsville, TexasAugust 12, 2013
Working for the city of Brownsville was enjoyable because I had the honor to work with our city's kids. As a city library employee, I felt that I was making a difference in the children's lives.
Satisfying Job
Program Manager CDBG (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 10, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits package.
Cons: stagnant advancement and pay increases.
This is a very satisfying and rewarding job. I get to help low and moderate income citizens by providing funding to social services organizations and to infrastructure improvement projects.
The job of a lifetime
Probationary Officer (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 10, 2013
Pros: you get to make decisions.
Cons: some days you don't have time to eat.
The job was amazing no two days are alike. I learned a lot and gathered valuable experience. The management could be better and I choose not to elaborate. The hardest part of the job is making sure you don't let the job affect your personal life. To make sure you go home every night to your family. The most enjoyable part is when you know you helped somebody.
retired
Peace Officer ( Retired ) (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXOctober 13, 2012
Pros: assisting people
Cons: there was danger at all times
Going to work on a daily bases was always exciting. In the line of work that I performed it was always an up and down event. Many of times I was a father, mother, brother, sister, priest or just a shoulder for someone to cry on. The hardest part was the crashes that involved children getting hurt. The most enjoyable part of my job was the day someone would come up to me and thank me. But, those didn't come my way to many times. Yet, I loved my job.
Youth Program
Administrative Assistant (Summer Youth Intern) (Former Employee), Brownsville,TxOctober 5, 2012
This was more like a volunteering type of job but I was getting paid for but it help in getting experience in a working environment. I would work for the finance dept.