CITY OF BROWNSVILLE Employee Reviews in United States

Part-time
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 4, 2016
Great place to work, low pay and part-time but everyone who works there is nice and works together. Management works well with works and helps out when it is busy.
Pros
FRENDLY STAFF
Cons
PAY
Great Experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 21, 2016
The City of Brownsville was a great overall experience for me. Working with the City helped me develop people skills as well as the feel of how a community works together to manage tasks and accomplish goals. I really enjoyed the community events that I participated in and while working at the Park as a supervisor, I was able to gain many perspectives from children, parents, and community leaders on how to properly supervise and monitor sports activities and community events in a safe and professional manner. Working with the Parks and Recreation Mobile Unit, I was able to canvas the community and spread the word that the city would be offering special programs to students alongside their parents and help encourage a healthier environment at local parks and city facilities. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with less fortunate youth by BBQ-ing large amounts of hamburgers and hot dogs for them, as well as participating in sports related activities side by side with them. This taught me the value of volunteer work and the true essence of parks and recreation department.
Pros
lifetime friendships, healthy lifestyle, enjoyable environment, sports activities, community awareness
Cons
no benefits, no room to grow, low pay, no secure positions
Fast-paced and highly motivated municipality
Grant Writer (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 5, 2015
I learned more in 6 months than I did in two years of college. The City of Brownsville is everything a job should be: motivating, reasonable, challenging, and highly rewarding.
productive workplace where i learned alot
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 8, 2015
simple job not much to do follow instructions and be curtious to guests
It is a fun place to work at
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 7, 2014
In this job we communicate with the kids. We get them to entertain themselves. We teach them new things, play sports, do arts and crafts, go out for field trips, have events for the kids and invite family members. Do janitorial work if necessary. We are responsible for delivery of all recreations, leisure and sport programs and activities in order to provide opportunities and encourage and promote a healthy lifestyle for all community residents.
Job duties
ANIMAL CARE TECH 1 (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 15, 2014
Cleaning and sanitizing every animal
Kennel, paperwork, vaccinating animals
Euthanizing animals, customer service
Eye opening
Public Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 10, 2013
A typical day involved coding and entering reports into computer, filing, making copies, cashiering, data-entry.
Pros
work hours
It was a good part time job that helped me pay off some of my debt.
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TexasAugust 12, 2013
Working for the city of Brownsville was enjoyable because I had the honor to work with our city's kids. As a city library employee, I felt that I was making a difference in the children's lives.
Satisfying Job
Program Manager CDBG (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 10, 2013
This is a very satisfying and rewarding job. I get to help low and moderate income citizens by providing funding to social services organizations and to infrastructure improvement projects.
Pros
excellent benefits package.
Cons
stagnant advancement and pay increases.
The job of a lifetime
Probationary Officer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 10, 2013
The job was amazing no two days are alike. I learned a lot and gathered valuable experience. The management could be better and I choose not to elaborate. The hardest part of the job is making sure you don't let the job affect your personal life. To make sure you go home every night to your family. The most enjoyable part is when you know you helped somebody.
Pros
you get to make decisions.
Cons
some days you don't have time to eat.

Want to know more about CITY OF BROWNSVILLE?

Ask a question
retired
Peace Officer ( Retired ) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 13, 2012
Going to work on a daily bases was always exciting. In the line of work that I performed it was always an up and down event. Many of times I was a father, mother, brother, sister, priest or just a shoulder for someone to cry on. The hardest part was the crashes that involved children getting hurt. The most enjoyable part of my job was the day someone would come up to me and thank me. But, those didn't come my way to many times. Yet, I loved my job.
Pros
assisting people
Cons
there was danger at all times
Youth Program
Administrative Assistant (Summer Youth Intern) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville,TxOctober 5, 2012
This was more like a volunteering type of job but I was getting paid for but it help in getting experience in a working environment. I would work for the finance dept.