City of Bryan Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Division Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 2, 2017
great long term employment option, great people and environment to work in, enjoyable jobs as well as great workplace culture. Management and supervisors well liked.
regular work week
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 1, 2017
We all work as a team and that is the biggest asset any company can have. Everyone helps one another out to make sure the job gets done and the customer is satisfied.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not very flexible
Productive Workplace
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 19, 2016
Strictly business atmosphere where people come to get work done. The atmosphere appears strict but once your co-workers warm up to you, they are willing to help more.
Cons
Excessive Workload
Fun Work Place
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work is getting the children check in at the front desk, helping children with homework, assigning activities for the day, and getting the children ready for pick up at the end of day
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not a bad place to work.
Network Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Hours are crazy sometimes but I guess that just comes with the IT field. The people are awesome and the insurance is great.
Great outdoors environment
Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 5, 2015
Being a lifeguard was fun, and it brought some good relationships. I had a lot of fun and I actually learned a lot. The people were great and it was fun being tan.
Pros
pool time
Cons
not many
Good place to intern
Community Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 27, 2015
Good place to intern. Good place to work if you are getting paid, which I was not. Nice people. The work is tedious but rewarding.
Nothing realy special
Class B CDL w/Hazmat (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 2, 2015
Meet before leaving to see if any new special needs customer. We worked hard to get routes up early. Got along with all drivers. The pay scale is not good for a family. That is the hardest part of job. The most enjoyable part is being able to do my route in a timely manner without needing help.
Pros
Very go benifits.
Cons
Not good pay scale.
Professional Internship
Executive Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 5, 2015
I completed a 10-week professional internship with the City of Bryan to apply my educational experience with practical applications in a city government setting. I had numerous experiences that I was able to translate from classroom to profession during this internship, including the development of a municipal ordinance (law) and the execution of an emergency management situation where I was actively involved in the disaster response alongside executive leadership within the city. I also gained the opportunity to present information in an open format via Bryan City Council meetings, which helped to develop my confidence in public speaking and insightful thinking.
Great environment
HR intern (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 8, 2015
I am currently interning for the City of Bryan. I am gaining insight on every aspect of how government works. I am able to observe while also putting my teachings into play. I fully understand how to process majority of the documents that a human resource generalist would file. I also know how to conduct and process talent acquisition for the City. I have met most of the managers at the City of Bryan and had the opportunity to work with some of the managers at the City of Bryan.
it is a good place to work
Wasterwater operater (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHOctober 22, 2014
I work good with co-workers & management
the hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with EPA regulations
I am a firefighter for the city as will
Amazing customers including Home Builders, Contractors and Citizens of Bryan, TX
Development Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Development ServicesOctober 10, 2013
City of Bryan is a great place to work. Co-workers, customers and other department staff are friendly and work as a team.
After work exercise
Certified Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 23, 2013
Zumba Instructor for ladies that work for the City of Bryan.
Aquatic Management changes frequently
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bryan Aquatic CenterApril 25, 2012
I worked as a lifeguard, swim instructor, and eventually a program coordinator and will never work under the aquatic staff for the city of Bryan again. The current manager for the Aquatic staff doesn't seem to understand that instructors are part of the aquatic team and treats anyone with a WSI certification as a second class citizen. Whenever there is a dispute between a guard and instructor, regardless if everyone in the room can agree that the WSI is right, the lifeguard trumps. It would make you think that being a guard would be great; however, the current manager doesn't treat the guards any better. If you are going to work for the city of Bryan, work in any department but aquatics.
Pros
outside in the sun at the pool
Cons
management