City of Cambridge Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 14, 2015
This Was one of my first jobs that I had when I was Young.This is where i learned how to paint and do general labor work. Meet Great people including my Mentor at the time
A usually good job that could be better
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 2, 2014
A typical day starts with a roll call and daily crime snapshots. I drive a single person patrol car and walk a beat two days out of every 4 day work cycle. Management is well-meaning but ineffective. As expected, the co-workers that I most enjoy are somewhat cynical. I most enjoy dealing with the public, criminals included. Ironically, that is also the hardest part of the job.
Pros
good salary, great benefits, good equipment
Cons
sometime clueless administration, too much and too redundant paperwork
great job
Superintendent of Public Works (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MDAugust 26, 2014
great job for the community. A place for you to learn skills for the future and life.
Pros
management
Cons
healthcare
Productive and easy going environment
Summer Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 19, 2014
Very diverse environment. People truly care about the work in the Department of Human Services.
Oh Boy
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Area IV Youth CenterFebruary 11, 2013
Worked at Area IV Youth Center. It was not an amazing work environment. Leadership was inconsistent, program not terribly well-structured, kids not receiving much academic support or curriculum-based workshops as was advertised.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
poor leadership
Fun work place
Art Specialist/Lead Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 30, 2012
As an Art Specialist/ Leader youth worker I enjoyed running alot of programs for the youth & community. I enjoy learning from the youth you're never too old to learn. A typical work day consisits of free time, homework, then continues with daily programmed schedules, whether, art, cooking, science etc.

My co-workers are very unique every brought something different to the table. I can't say I had hard times at this job, I enjoy community work & working with children/adults. The most enjoyable part of work is having a full workshop of children eager to learn.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
checked people in at the polls
Voting Poll Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 27, 2012
worked with good people for the most part. I got to meet new people as well as Elizabeth Warren
Pros
co-workers
Cons
one co-worker who i did not get along with
Great workplace environment
Transportation Intern (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 30, 2012
Cambridge is a great place to work. Friendly people and and overall great workplace environment.