SUMMARY: Signal Technician is responsible for assisting in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electronically controlled traffic control devices; responds to emergency situations regarding signals, flashers and downed stop signs; assists in training signal crew members. Work is performed with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the installation and repair of traffic signals, school zone flashers, and City-owned and maintained street lighting.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of record related to division repairs and operational activities.
- Participates in training signal crew members on work procedures and practices.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other applicable groups to receive and/or convey information.
- Responds to emergency and on-call situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic electronic principles;
- Knowledge of safe work methods;
- Skilled in reading and interpreting schematics and blueprints;
- Skilled in troubleshooting and resolving problems related to traffic signals;
- Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines;
- Skilled in operating applicable tools and equipment of the trade;
- Skilled in performing routine repair and maintenance activities;
- Skilled in performing basic construction activities;
- Skilled in performing manual labor;
- Skilled in observing safety rules and regulations;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For Signal Technician
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of related traffic signal installation experience.
- Work Zone Safety Certification.
- IMSA Level I Certification.
- Obtain a Class A CDL within 3 months of employment.
- Frequent climbing, balancing, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of over 100 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in standard office and outdoor environments, with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Work is performed in high and precarious places and near moving mechanical parts.
- Potential exposure to risk of electrical shock, vibration, fumes and airborne particles.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.
Indeed - 13 months ago
The City of Carrollton takes great pride in providing essential services and programs to our residents, businesses and visitors. The City...