City of Carrollton Employee Reviews

Great City Job
Water Quality Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXNovember 21, 2014
Many chances to educate the public on water conservation. Management was very helpful. The best part of the job was the ability to work with the public
Management does not care about staff. No room for advancement
Admin (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: don't care about staff. no room for advancement
Management does not care about staff. They don't want staff to think for themselves. City of Carrollton doesn't care about what is right or wrong. They treat staff bad, wrong and will harass you if you think different then your manager.
Easygoing recreation environment
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: part-time shifts range from 4-6 hrs during week and 9 hours sat and sun
Cons: benefits are not worth it if you only work part-time, pt employees limited to 19.5 hrs a week
The most enjoyable part in the recreation environment is it is nice to get to know all the regulars that come in each day. Every day there is some type of class going on, so there is always something to do, like register patrons for certain classes or memberships, and the shift usually goes by quickly. I learned how to use RecTrac, a recreation software. I also learned how to deal with any customers that get angry or frustrated with something. The hardest part is working in the evening when all the supervisors/managers are out of office. If any issue arises, it is up to us to figure out the best resolution. I have been very lucky to work with awesome people who really enjoy this job and it is easy to work together day to day.
Decent Job
Licensed Water Plant Operator 3rd Class (Former Employee), Carrollton, GaJune 24, 2013
Decent job but not for me.
Supervisor changed and so did the work environment.
good atmosphere to work
Utility Customer Service (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 14, 2013
good atmosphere to work, whether on a team or alone.
the inclement weather is challenging.
the ability to work at my own pace and not having a supervisor hanging over my shoulder is a plus
all in all it is a good company.City of Carrollton.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 31, 2013
Pros: good and steady work.
good -and friendly place to work. A great place to get in an honest
days work.
Reponsible for all waste collections and landfill disposal and recycling operations for the communities waste, included all mgt operations,
Director of Sanitation (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: had total resoponsibility for the services and confidence of the council in proposing modifications.
This was a great position because the responsibility was huge and the support that I received from the city counsel and community was great. Interfacing with the customers as well as the workers is very enjoyable to me.

The financial and operational routing was enjoyable.
Very Nice people
Mail Processor (Former Employee), Carrollton TxMarch 6, 2012
Pros: lunch
Nice people, willing to help out as needed. Will always find you things to do so you could get all your hours.